What are you reading? Share your cover! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
some books are readable as water flows. others are far too sophistacted from the language to read at ease

Opalescence by maryann rade is a very very interesting book but it is far from easy with my level of english with is medium

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
1547976231973.png

As an audio book read by Stephen who is one of my favourite people. I have gone on to audio books because I love to close my eyes at the end of the day and rest myself from images. That is why TV is no good for me.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Got this from the library today.
15483889730251047967500.jpg

I also got the third book of what I didn't know was a trilogy. So I have the first book on hold now and I'll return this one. I'm really getting into the fantasy genre, so I'm excited to get into that when it comes.
Also still waiting on 'the witch of portobello' by Paulo Coelho.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I also got the third book of what I didn't know was a trilogy. So I have the first book on hold now and I'll return this one. I'm really getting into the fantasy genre, so I'm excited to get into that when it comes.
I've read a lot of fantasy (along with sci-fi and detective novels) over the years. The best fantasy series that I have read is 'The Realm of the Elderlings' by Robin Hobb (aka Megan Lindholm).

http://www.robinhobb.com/

It starts off with 'The Farseer Trilogy', first book 'Assassin's Apprentice'.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I've read a lot of fantasy (along with sci-fi and detective novels) over the years. The best fantasy series that I have read is 'The Realm of the Elderlings' by Robin Hobb (aka Megan Lindholm).

http://www.robinhobb.com/

It starts off with 'The Farseer Trilogy', first book 'Assassin's Apprentice'.

Have you read the books by Patrick Rothfuss? 'name of the wind'?

I might check this out.. It is part of a long series? I'm not really into series books. I've only recently started reading trilogy books.

Reactions: Lila

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Have you read the books by Patrick Rothfuss? 'name of the wind'?
Yes, I've read 'The Name of the Wind' and 'The Wise Man's Fear', everyone has been waiting since 2011 for the third book to come out, but it doesn't look as though it ever will.
Kvothe's story was an excellent read.

I might check this out.. It is part of a long series? I'm not really into series books. I've only recently started reading trilogy books.
You could just read the Farseer Trilogy, it is fairly self-contained.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
My Favorite fantasy series is Robert Jordon's Wheel of Time. My favorite sci-fi series is Otherland, by Tad Williams.
I started into 'the wheel of time' a long time ago and thought it was pretty neat. My brother introduced me to it. But then he mentioned how the author died during the series. I didn't finish them after I heard about that.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Yes, I've read 'The Name of the Wind' and 'The Wise Man's Fear', everyone has been waiting since 2011 for the third book to come out, but it doesn't look as though it ever will.
Kvothe's story was an excellent read.

You could just read the Farseer Trilogy, it is fairly self-contained.
There's scuttlebutt that it's to come out in next couple years. Did you read 'the slow regard of silent things'? A supplement to the kingkiller chronicles? It's pretty cool. And different.
Patrick rothfuss, man. This (incomplete) trilogy is one of my favorite books. He's an excellent author.

Last edited:

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
There's scuttlebutt that it's to come out in next couple years. Did you read 'the slow regard of silent things'? A supplement to the kingkiller chronicles? It's pretty cool. And different.
Patrick rothfuss, man. This (incomplete) trilogy is one of my favorite books. He's an excellent author.
I've been going to re-read the first two when I know that 'The Door of Stone' (or whatever it is to be called) is due to come out, it's been so long since I first read them now.
I just couldn't get into the novella about Auri, because of the way it's written, perhaps I'll try it again at some point in the future.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I started into 'the wheel of time' a long time ago and thought it was pretty neat. My brother introduced me to it. But then he mentioned how the author died during the series. I didn't finish them after I heard about that.
The new author wrote the last three books, which made it about thirteen in total. Jordan's wife helped him with the story, as there had been a lot of material left, and it all planned out.

Brandon Sanderson, the author who took over, did a brilliant job. To be honest, I found that he was actually a better writer than Jordan, in terms of the quality and style, but he kept very closely to Jordan's style so you wouldn't even know the difference if the author change hadn't been mentioned. I was very happy with the last three books.

One thing I do dislike about the series is that there ends up being far too many people to follow. You get attached to characters and then find yourself missing their attention, as the story evolves around other characters. But there is so much hidden in the world of the Wheel of Time that fits into metaphysics, including astral travel. Jordan was a wise man.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
The new author wrote the last three books, which made it about thirteen in total. Jordan's wife helped him with the story, as there had been a lot of material left, and it all planned out.

Brandon Sanderson, the author who took over, did a brilliant job. To be honest, I found that he was actually a better writer than Jordan, in terms of the quality and style, but he kept very closely to Jordan's style so you wouldn't even know the difference if the author change hadn't been mentioned. I was very happy with the last three books.

One thing I do dislike about the series is that there ends up being far too many people to follow. You get attached to characters and then find yourself missing their attention, as the story evolves around other characters. But there is so much hidden in the world of the Wheel of Time that fits into metaphysics, including astral travel. Jordan was a wise man.
That makes me a little more interested, but I'm so very much not a series book reader. I like change ups in the voice of the author I'm reading. Perhaps things will change and I'll give it all a go.

Reactions: Laron

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
HM - Again, I agree with your thoughts on this matter and I appreciate your sharing this book.
I also view Jacobs input concerning the re-seeding of the planet with a more intelligent but more predictably programmable and obedient hybrid race of sapiens as important to consider. I read a lot of John Mack's work after he was killed in London and Dr Karla Turner in an attempt to form an opinion on whether there is more than one agenda going on beneath the radar of awareness. If you step back out and take the big worldview perspective and see all the madness going on on the planet, I find that the only way it all makes sense and the dots line up is if some of these more outrageous ideas might actually be true.
Many well known people claim that alien intervention is a fact of our existence including the gnostics, the maya, the dogon, Phillip K Dick, Colin Wilson, Don Juan, etc...etc...
Believing it is the hard part I guess....
I have been rereading this book and it meant more to me this time.
There is so much in it and certainly, I feel, more than one agenda going on.
It certainly appears that we have been manipulated, used, abused and generally treated badly by these aliens.
Some of the content I’m familiar with but it’s good to bring it to mind again while looking at where we are today.
Certainly no further forward with disclosure it seems

Does anyone else have a copy? I would love to hear some comments.

I’m posting a list of subject to whet the appetite

Attachments

Reactions: Laron and Linda

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
Like the sumarry june. I don t know if i arrive to have the time to read books as before. Is the english normal or more technical

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Like the sumarry june. I don t know if i arrive to have the time to read books as before. Is the english normal or more technical
Yes I would say it is normal, but there is a small amount of technical stuff, also mentions timelines.

If I look for a book on Amazon, it often offers a peep at the contents, which I find very helpful in deciding whether to buy or not.
Maybe you can do the same.

Reactions: Linda

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
So, I didn't finish 'The death of king arthur' because I didn't like how it was written. I would've continued just to read it, but the other books I was waiting for came. So I'm gonna putting king arthur back on the shelf, so to speak.

Here's what I have now in my line up.

1549052679287567263224.jpg

15490527142721430395212.jpg

And

1549052746907571963991.jpg
Which doesn't really have a back to discuss it, but it is recommended by Patrick Rothfuss which is what initially caught my eye. I'll give it a go.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm taking a break from the witch of Portobello because I got a book from the library that I had been waiting almost half a year for. It's on loan to our library, and I don't want to not be able to finish it.

20190304_125621.jpg
20190304_125638.jpg

It is currently proving to be an incredibly interesting book.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I'm taking a break from the witch of Portobello because I got a book from the library that I had been waiting almost half a year for. It's on loan to our library, and I don't want to not be able to finish it.

View attachment 6546
View attachment 6547

It is currently proving to be an incredibly interesting book.
I'd love to hear how you liked this book. It sounds fascinating.

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA
:^)

Attachments

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm not done with the Occam book. About halfway through. It's chapters of cases that he's had demonstrating the different ways mast cell activation disease can manifest. It's hella interesting and I am pretty certain it's what I'm dealing with for myself. Worth the read!

In taking a break, I'm reading through this real quick.
20190319_154439.jpg
Pretty funny and absolutely not to be taken too seriously.
15531160373801919655689.jpg

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Getting into this. My brother is an extremely talented programmer and is helping me with the basics when I run into snags. This is a very new thing for me to learn, but he has told me he felt my mind would work well with it. I can see myself using the language in very creative ways, so I'm looking forward to getting past the basics. Though it's taking my brain some time to remember creativity, learning, and problem solving after years with a baby/small child.
We choose c# for me to start on because it would offer some visual, tangible results. I'm hoping that'll help motivate me to continue. We'll see.15552954382531412051232.jpg

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
th3MMVUKKN.jpg

I am reading this tale written by the famous Mark Twain in 1881 (or thereabouts). I find it interesting to go back and read the classics, from time to time.

• Cool Post

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
View attachment 6727

I am reading this tale written by the famous Mark Twain in 1881 (or thereabouts). I find it interesting to go back and read the classics, from time to time.
I remember reading that when I was young. That would be a fun one to read again. I did a read again with the 'tale of two cities' a couple years ago. I read it the first time in school. But the second time, Wow. I loved it. Classics are so fun!

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I recently finished:
"Convoluted Universe 3" by Dolores Cannon.
"Starcrash" by Dolores Cannon

I'm reading:
"A hymn before battle" by John Ringo.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Still working through the c# book. I actually bought it so I can return this to the library.
Got this out though too.
1556396132467595305453.jpg

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)