What are you reading? Share your cover! (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Angela , write that book. You have it in you. :)
DO!!! I'd love to see what you come up with! :)
Thanks you guys! I'm trying to take a step at a time. I don't want to get ahead of myself.
I have the main character hashed out pretty well, and I'm working through a book to help me develop the plot. I'll let you know if it goes anywhere. :)

AmandaPanda17

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
This is pretty good ! It combines and relates anything's mystical , supernatural, alien, mythotical, you know, the usual lol. They take all that and do university studies among various groups and types of people. Ranging from old to young, basic and simple to those with fantasy driven mental abilies and those with known gifts and abilities . All in one book. Oh I forgot I'm reading the part where it compares social groups/individuals and those with hereditary abilities weither and/or evolution may be related to it as well. I'm a nerd lol20180126_091440.jpg

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
This is pretty good ! It combines and relates anything's mystical , supernatural, alien, mythotical, you know, the usual lol. They take all that and do university studies among various groups and types of people. Ranging from old to young, basic and simple to those with fantasy driven mental abilies and those with known gifts and abilities . All in one book. Oh I forgot I'm reading the part where it compares social groups/individuals and those with hereditary abilities weither and/or evolution may be related to it as well. I'm a nerd lolView attachment 3517
I want to read this!

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

AmandaPanda17

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2017
Oklahoma
I like books I can skip around in. I really have to get really intreged I or I'm done with it. It's my ADHDs fault! Lol but yea it's interesting reading how so many different groups have opinions on the stuff I'm obsessed with. Threw me for a loop BC I didn't think they would have been open to certain supernatural phenomenas. I have a habit of stereo typing people even if I like them. Lol

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I have a couple I'm going through right now.

15225223646051010592921.jpg

I had to take a small break from this because I didn't realize what it got to be about, and it was a little overwhelming for me to read.

I'm also reading this:
15225224470121984420907.jpg

And I have this in queue:
15225224938212041491305.jpg
Which I'm not sure if I'll get to just yet. Sometimes I check books out so I have the history at the library keep track of it. So I don't forget things I've wanted to read.

Felix is going to start school again (he's on spring break now) so I'll have more time to read again.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Book overload here. I put some books on hold at the library and they ALL came in at the same time!

So I put 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' on the bedside while I try to tackle these other ones that have more of a time constraint.

I read 'Taras Bulba' by Gogol because it's a quick read and written very beautifully. I had read it a long time ago and wanted to remember what I liked about it. However, after the incredibly descriptive, gorgeous scenery and heart he put in the first half, I forgot how absolutely bloody and gorey the second half was. So, I said, that's enough of that. And moved on to the next book. Haha. I think the memory and visual pictures I get when reading have gotten a little more intense over the years, and I really don't want to fill up on bad imagery.

15241593547391431251687.jpg

I read the 'Thyroid Healing' one and wanted to check into this one. So I'm skimming over parts that don't apply to me at all, but knew there was some extra information that wasn't in the Thyroid book that I wanted to check out. This is on my "read quick" list because it was on hold at the library for a while as others were in queue before me. I don't think I'll be able to renew it.

I also have two novels that were suggested to me by the librarians. They're at home so I can't take a picture. One is called 'The Face Fakers Game' which deals with magic and illusions that sounded interesting. (I had read a book called 'The Night Circus' that was interesting and enjoyable, so they suggested this as another in that vein.)
And another called 'Blindness' which follows a woman who can see as she leads a group of people who have been blinded by some all encompassing white blinding light. But there's a bad guy doing bad stuff. Heheh.

I feel like I have another one that somehow ended up with me, but I seriously have my work cut out for me. Haha.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
I'm enjoying this book. Reminds me of The Seth books by Jane Roberts, with the flavor of Robert Monroes Far Journey.

It's a book that I have to put down frequently to allow my own expansion of thoughts and awareness to kick in.

Here's a quote from it:
'We are not so much individual unit's as committees learning to function as Individuals.' This very important concept explains a lot about life and relationships. We are more like bundles of threads, connected in all directions to others than we are like the images that the word 'individual' summons.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I didn't get to 'Blindness' in my last group of books because someone had requested it at the library but I'm going re-request it shortly.

For now I have this one:
15255460742559801225.jpg

I have only just started into it, but I am really enjoying it. It is about a female jinn and her off spring. Also playing with the thousand and one nights stories.

Also, last year I finally bought a book on bitter making, and I'm just now accumulating the ingredients to make my first recipe.
1525546491356816580607.jpg

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
15285591059341190386970.jpg
I had taken this one from the library. I got about half way through it and decided to buy it. It is so informative and interesting reading about the histories of different plants and their uses and production into various alcohols.

Also, I have almost all my ingredients "brewing" for my first bitters recipe. So excited to put that together!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I am not one for much drinking but during a recent visit to relatives I (reluctantly, thinking 'what will I do with this?') received a gift of some home made alcoholic plant bitters. I have found myself thinking about it when my belly was a bit upset, trying a swig, and finding that it was just what my belly needed. The feeling I got immediately was so soothing. I have only thought about having some when I needed it (at most once every few weeks, but mostly months between times, thankfully) and always in just the small amount needed, so it really does seem to be there for this specific purpose.

Now I am so grateful to have this in my cupboard.

I am also grateful for this new perspective of the home made bitters being a whole different substance than those which are mass produced. The mass produced ones are the ones that I was thinking about ('what will I do with this?') when handed the bottle. I'd been offered them before and had found that when I tried them they so felt nasty going down that I'd barely manage not to spit them up. As a result, I've had no interest in them. This homemade bitter drink is "a whole 'nuther ballgame" it seems. Now I know why both my grandmothers and pretty much all my older female relatives made their own and always had some on hand for medicinal purposes. I understand that making them is a bit of a process in that it takes some time to brew and that, if you'd learned the steps involved, the steps themselves (including harvesting your own materials) were pretty simple:cool:

Angela, if you make some of your own bitters successfully I'd be very interested to hear about it.
Also, if you are interested, and have an appropriate specific bitter or theme in mind, I'd like to invite you to write an article about if for the "Health, etc" board which Anaeika and I are moderators of. I think there is likely to be lots we can all learn from your explorations and I'd love to see it shared<3

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I am not one for much drinking but during a recent visit to relatives I (reluctantly, thinking 'what will I do with this?') received a gift of some home made alcoholic plant bitters. I have found myself thinking about it when my belly was a bit upset, trying a swig, and finding that it was just what my belly needed. The feeling I got immediately was so soothing. I have only thought about having some when I needed it (at most once every few weeks, but mostly months between times, thankfully) and always in just the small amount needed, so it really does seem to be there for this specific purpose.

Now I am so grateful to have this in my cupboard.

I am also grateful for this new perspective of the home made bitters being a whole different substance than those which are mass produced. The mass produced ones are the ones that I was thinking about ('what will I do with this?') when handed the bottle. I'd been offered them before and had found that when I tried them they so felt nasty going down that I'd barely manage not to spit them up. As a result, I've had no interest in them. This homemade bitter drink is "a whole 'nuther ballgame" it seems. Now I know why both my grandmothers and pretty much all my older female relatives made their own and always had some on hand for medicinal purposes. I understand that making them is a bit of a process in that it takes some time to brew and that, if you'd learned the steps involved, the steps themselves (including harvesting your own materials) were pretty simple:cool:

Angela, if you make some of your own bitters successfully I'd be very interested to hear about it.
Also, if you are interested, and have an appropriate specific bitter or theme in mind, I'd like to invite you to write an article about if for the "Health, etc" board which Anaeika and I are moderators of. I think there is likely to be lots we can all learn from your explorations and I'd love to see it shared<3
Haha, that is so amazingly awesome. Halfway through reading it, I was thinking a bitters thread would be fun to create. I've found a lot of articles of people that explain the purposes probably better than I would, so I may just put some further reading, but I'll definitely talk about my own experiences and what I'm making.

Admittedly, my first bitters recipe just happens to be the one that has the most ingredients and therefore the most alcohol. Haha, so it took a little bit of time putting together, but today I actually get to strain a couple that only take a week. And I'm going to add the alcohol to the last herbs I waited on because I needed the different proof. But this is all stuff I can talk about there.

May I inquire as to what herbs are in your elixir? (Or would you prefer to add that to the other thread, as to not tangent the book thread here?)

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Haha, that is so amazingly awesome. Halfway through reading it, I was thinking a bitters thread would be fun to create.
I love it when that happens!

I've found a lot of articles of people that explain the purposes probably better than I would, so I may just put some further reading, but I'll definitely talk about my own experiences and what I'm making.
Yes, you could write about your experiences and then link to the articles you liked.

The elixir I refer to is from myrtle.

Reactions: Anaeika and Angela

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I second Lila ’s idea of creating a bitters thread under health board. You guys are both inspiring me to make my own. It does seem a bit intimidating, but I am sure it is easier than I am making it out to be in my head. I could use some bitters right now as I overate a yummy brunch!

Reactions: Lila and Angela

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Reading this one. It was this dr who coined the term estrogen dominance and did the research on real progesterone vs progestin. My naturopathic dr had me on this. When I went to my MD OBGYN and discussed this, I just saw a deer in the headlights look. It is interesting these research came from an MD. This needs to be a more widely accepted approach in medicine.

Attachments

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I put this book on hold over a month and a half ago at my library only to discover a few weeks after that it was only in ebook format. So I requested it from prospector, which is their joint relationship with other libraries to bring books in, only to have it inexplicably be delayed for an indefinite amount of time. So I requested it from a library across the city (since the main city's library didn't have it,) and finally picked it up today after not having received a notification it was ready. (I only found out because I happened to check today on their website.)

I've read the first page and it's only flaming my excitement about this book. I've been waiting with baited breath to get this. I hope to finally heal from some major things.

15316124313601683048293.jpg

Reactions: Laron

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I'm taking time out and reading short stories - originally written in Italian, but the English translation is very enjoyable! It is about a Sicilian Police Inspector... you can imagine some of the goings on, or the author's imagination goes that little bit further. It is a joy to read something that was originally written in another language. My feeling is that by pushing the reading boundaries, you are padding out your cultural knowledge - in this case, in a humorous way!

Scan_20180726.jpg

Reactions: Laron and Angela

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)