Article Negativity and the Antidote: Positive Programming by Brad Austen (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
If you've been watching the news lately, you may have realized how negative and fear-based it often is. It's like a snapshot of all that's bad going on in our world. That's not to say these things aren't happening, but there is also a lot of good in our world that isn't reported on.

One of my greatest joys has been combining my creativity with my spirituality to create guided meditation and positive affirmation recordings. With the power of the Internet they have spread far and wide, and I am proud of being able to serve in this way. I also like to think that these types of positive programming are the antidote to all of the negative programming we are bombarded with on a daily basis.

I feel we have to take back control of our (not others') lives, by turning inward through meditation and reflection. We all have our preferred ways of spending our quiet moments and our downtime, my meditations may not appeal to everyone. They are simply a guide, to assist you on your path.

There is a lot of change and upheaval happening in our world and without doubt it's having an impact on most of us in some way. Meditation is a bit like a gym for the mind and soul, training you to have more positive thoughts, creating the state of being you desire, and allowing you to focus on gratitude. As we go through life we experience both gain and loss; we need to shift our focus away from what we've lost and focus on what we have gained.

The great thing about a guided meditation or affirmation recording is that it's yours to listen to whenever you wish. You don't have to attend a formal meditation class; you can simply listen whenever it suits you. But, like anything, practice makes perfect. The more often you meditate, the stronger and more powerful an effect it will have on your life.

Getting back to the negativity in our world; some of it is unavoidable, but you can choose the degree to which you focus on it and make it a part of your reality. The world will go on, regardless of what the nightly news has to say. I find a lot of it can also bring up control issues for those who want a better world and wish to see positive change. Believe it or not, if more people would meditate and become balanced in mind, body and soul, the world would transform, literally overnight. As individuals, that's how much power we have.

Positive affirmations can really help shift your mindset — even the way you think about negative things that may be impacting you personally. It's common, and quite normal, to feel resistance while listening to or reciting affirmations. Much of this is due to deep-seated negative programming, which can also be an over-bleed from past lives. Core inner child traumas that are blocking you from creating the reality you want can also interfere. So expect some resistance while working with positive affirmations, but know that on a deeper level they are helping.

In closing, life should be fulfilling, allowing you to experience the interests that you enjoy. Creating the life that you desire, and giving back to humanity, or the planet, in some way, is the ideal. We all have unique skills or gifts to share, so share them in a way that excites you. A lot of people are quite burned-out at the moment, so you may need to rest more and just 'be'. Allow yourself to practice self-care and take time out each day to return to balance.

To check out my guided meditations, please visit: https://www.mindful-meditations.com/guided-meditations.html

To check out my positive affirmations, please visit: https://www.mindful-meditations.com/positive-affirmations.html

By Brad Austen © 2022.

https://www.mindful-meditations.com

Brad is an intuitive writer, channel, spiritual and meditation teacher and recording artist. He is passionate about writing and producing guided meditations to aid relaxation, healing and spiritual growth.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Good points - we need daily, hourly reminders to focus on what we want. Meditation is the best guide to this place. For me, disturbing news has ramped up in quantity, as well as proximity. Thanks for the reminder and sharing of meditations.

OP
Brad

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
Good points - we need daily, hourly reminders to focus on what we want. Meditation is the best guide to this place. For me, disturbing news has ramped up in quantity, as well as proximity. Thanks for the reminder and sharing of meditations.
You're welcome Linda. It is indeed a challenging time to be on the planet, so I feel we need to support one another as best as we can. It is my hope my meditations can assist in this way. :)

Reactions: Linda

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Believe it or not, if more people would meditate and become balanced in mind, body and soul, the world would transform, literally overnight. As individuals, that's how much power we have.
I've come to believe this and see it and know it 'deep in my bones'.

A funny part of it is how simple, cheap and joyful it is as a practice, though I agree about the programming that can make those first steps tough. Things like 'it can't be that simple' or that cheap or that available or whatever it is are some of the common ones I've heard many times.

And what if it is that simple + available? Wouldn't that be worth a whirl?

• I agree
Reactions: Linda and Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)