Music Part Two (5 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
Found this forgotten gem the other day in a box of my cassette tapes from the 80's (songs from my mis-spent youth). Seemed very timely.

Slade - My Oh My

Pucksterguy - I have you to thank for maintaining my sanity through the holiday family nonsense. Thank you for reminding me of "The Great Beyond"; the lyrics were more than just a little bit helpful.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
After hearing this song in an episode of the Witcher, I'm addicted to it!

Lyrics

When a humble bard
Graced a ride along
With Geralt of Rivia
Along came this song

From when the White Wolf fought
A silver-tongued devil
His army of elves
At his hooves did they revel

They came after me
With masterful deceit
Broke down my lute
And they kicked in my teeth

While the devil’s horns
Minced our tender meat
And so cried the Witcher
He can’t be bleat

Toss a coin to your Witcher
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’

Toss a coin to Your Witcher
O’ Valley of Plenty

At the edge of the world
Fight the mighty horde
That bashes and breaks you
And brings you the morn’

He thrust every elf
Far back on the shelf
High up on the mountain
From whence it came

He wiped out your pest
Got kicked in his chest
He’s a friend of humanity
So give him the rest

That’s my epic tale
A champion prevailed
Defeated the villain
Now pour him some ale

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’

And friend of humanity

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’
And friend of humanity

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’

A friend of humanity!

Last edited:
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Alain

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
i played the frist and 2nd halfway but didn t stumbed upon this song

there is a bard in with the name of dandelion

Reactions: Laron

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I used to young and foolish...Now I'm old and foolish...

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I used to young and foolish...Now I'm old and foolish...
In my country we say sth like 'young and sexy'.
And the variant me and my friends used for it is this:
I used to be 'young and sexy'. Now I'm only 'and'. :D

• Funny

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
not bad made but the 3rd is a graphic killer and money killer with the expansions

but there are games who have so nice music quite epic but only the elite of the games

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
It's only in the Netflix series which was made after the game I think. (I'm not familiar with the game)
I also currently watch this show. It is okay but for me but also not overwhelming. And I actually like the character of that bard (who sings this song) the most. It is the role that is the most 'comedy relief' one.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
After hearing this song in an episode of the Witcher, I'm addicted to it!
Here is a heavy metal version of it (I'm not into heavy metal, but it was an amusing video):

I also currently watch this show. It is okay but for me but also not overwhelming. And I actually like the character of that bard (who sings this song) the most. It is the role that is the most 'comedy relief' one.
I find the show brilliant, but also terrible. It can be great at times, but then terrible in others. I think it's far too fast in terms of storytelling and they don't explain the world and its history very well, so it's like you are watching something on the surface without understanding what' beneath.

And the dwarves look like halflings, which is very unrealistic and completely destroyed that dragon episode for me!

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
in the game the dwarves had the exact behavior as i know from lords of the rings

ok that song heard a moment like Korn

Last edited:

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I find the show brilliant, but also terrible. It can be great at times, but then terrible in others. I think it's far too fast in terms of storytelling and they don't explain the world and its history very well, so it's like you are watching something on the surface without understanding what' beneath.
Agree. I had the feeling during the first episodes that I watch a show's second season starting with it and haveing skipped the first one, so much background info missing and a fast paced introduction of many different characters and factions. Maybe it is more made for the gamers of this videogame who have this knowledge.
And the dwarves look like halflings, which is very unrealistic and completely destroyed that dragon episode for me!
Yeah, maybe they ran out of budget with that one to do it better, haha. Anyway I liked the leader of them, the guy with the dialect / accent. What was it - Scottish? Irish?
Yeah and that metal version seems a bit of a parody for me.
ok that song heard a moment like corn
You mean Korn? Not sure, but maybe he imitates them also in his style.

Reactions: Alain and Laron

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
And by the way, later (summer of 1982) that same band also sang in Italian and German. Although I'm not really sure if it is real Italian or just funny gibberish sounding like it. Anyway ... Bon appetit!

Last edited:

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Hey how cool. I know a few Stampeders songs, Never heard that one before. They sound great. Maybe first contact is coming soon.

Reactions: One65

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I've recounted a recurring dream I keep having here It's kind of puzzling, but not really. it brings this song to mind...

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
New from Wardruna, published today. Translation from that page see below. The wolf's name is Tihu.

Grey

Old Grey… I recall the ring before it broke… Your song stirs something deep within Like chords pulling straight from memory I can’t find the words, they still remain veiled Yet I know it is old, I know that it’s forgotten I remember when you roamed freely I remember when we roamed together I remember us before our paths got separated I remember the ring before it broke Always wary about you, and you about me Always wary about me, and I about you You may run to my forests Roam freely in my mountains Lead your pack to my valleys Let us restore the ring I shall sing you safe on your way I shall sing you safely home

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
New from Wardruna, published today. Translation from that page see below. The wolf's name is Tihu.

Grey

Old Grey… I recall the ring before it broke… Your song stirs something deep within Like chords pulling straight from memory I can’t find the words, they still remain veiled Yet I know it is old, I know that it’s forgotten I remember when you roamed freely I remember when we roamed together I remember us before our paths got separated I remember the ring before it broke Always wary about you, and you about me Always wary about me, and I about you You may run to my forests Roam freely in my mountains Lead your pack to my valleys Let us restore the ring I shall sing you safe on your way I shall sing you safely home
They did it again! These folks always seem to find that space in between where things of awe (awesome) things happen.
This time it seems to me the place where human and wolf meet... wary of each other; together.
Thanks again, Sinera <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)