Music Part Two (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

well perhaps not what is called in a certain sense true music but this guy has really talent, insight for those who play music and understand how all comes together
Magic. I loved it.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Ich kenne nichts (das so schön ist wie du) - I've never seen something as beautiful as you.

Simple love song by my country's best soul/rnb singer.

:cool:

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Newest from Senri Kawaguchi's KiyoSen project has a nostalgic 70ies ProgRock vibe to it. Emerson Lake & Palmer or King Krimson stuff.

She should do more Rock like this (or even Metal) than only Fusion-Jazz imv.

• Love this post!
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Bet you all are not expecting this.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
She reminds me of Neil Peart from Rush. a very busy drummer.
In my young and wild drummer years I was a huge Rush and Neil Peart fan, wanted to play like him sometimes. Today he retired because due to health reasons he cannot play anymore (just like Phil Collins).

In my band (late 80ies, early 90ies) we had a song where I could do a little like this (it was part in 7/4). I was quite proud then.

Today I produce progressive metal/rock on my computer and I often think of Neil when I program an odd metre or a nice fill. Trying to make it sound like him and programming the prog stuff in general on a computer is hard enough, not all easy to simulate with a digital audio workstation and make it sound 'real organic', but I believe I achieved some respectable 'approximations' at least, and am getting better at it from song to song methinks, there is a learning curve, my latest song which I am currently working on (will be over 12 minutes long!) is a bit "Neily" or "Rushy" in some parts I can say.
;)

Yeah, Senri is also compared to Neil sometimes (one YT comment was a bit mean as s.o. just wrote "Sorry, Neil" :ROFL: - insiders would know how it is meant).

Some said she is also like the female reincarnation of half Buddy Rich and half John Bonham (first the jazz and second the rock part).
:cool:

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
So cool!! I Love how what you grew up listening to comes thru in your music. Past life influences as well. Maybe Jimi Hendrix was Beethoven, Who knows? I listened to an up and coming guitarist from Texas once. I wish I could get his name back. However his guitar style was cross from David Gilmour, Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Great great stuff.
I understand that child prodigies are just remembering their previous lives and picking up where they left off. hmmmm

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
Funny that you guys are talking about Rush/Peart. I was going to post the link to "Losing It" on here the other day but got busy.

Well here 'ya go.

• Love this post!

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Funny that you guys are talking about Rush/Peart. I was going to post the link to "Losing It" on here the other day but got busy.

Well here 'ya go.
It's on is my favourite Rush album!
"Signals", loved it back then, listened to it a lot. It is even before Moving Pictures (which is on #2) for me.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
You might already know I always try to post stuff that I assume no one here knows. So here we go again ...

Another underrated band (genre: post-punk, indie/alternative) that never 'made it'. A shame. They are/were good. Saw them live on a festival in 2007 once.

"Thrown into an existence machine and spit out. (...) Who keeps it running?"

"In fact you're just fiction."

Last edited:

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
DanceFairies sway to this ...

While MetalElves prefer this version of the same tune ...

Forgot to mention the first version also includes next to Fairies normal (non-metal-)Elves and other kinds of more mature/benign nature spirits while the heavy version of course also applies to Orcs, Earth-Trolls, Gremlins and similar kind.

Needed to be said since in all my wokeness I value diversity, representation and PC inclusivity.

Dwarfs are in-betweeners, they like both versions or one of them according to their personal inclination and chosen identity politics of the moment, they are identity-fluid though and it might change for them going to and fro.

I leave out the O.O for now since this would make things too complicated.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Syncopation You don't hear it in music very often. It's the art of emphasizing the off beat....

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Syncopation You don't hear it in music very often. It's the art of emphasizing the off beat....
'Syncopation' brings back memories in music for my since it was my first drumming method coursebook I worked through together in lessons with my teacher. With this we did 'Classical' training on snaredrum (he insisted on it!) only - just like you see in the title picture. The lower notes which are normally the bass drum were then just the foot or the metronome click since they were all in 4/4 through, the upper notes on the snare where the 'syncopated' stuff away from the basic beat. Then later you could also transpose it onto the drum set (snare, toms, cymbals, hi-hat, etc.) of course. It was also used to learn 'live' note reading while playing which is a tricky thing to do, esp. with drums.

• Love this post!
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Reading your posts, I spun off into dance - from Cuba and South America, where several musical cultures merged, we got salsa, samba, cha-cha, and others that are based in syncopation.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Some say this increases testosterone levels. Ladies beware: you might grow a beard if you listen to this.

My pet cat also listened to it. It's a Lion now. :cool:

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
The horseride is described in musical (instrumental as well as vocal) terms very well. Even if you have no translation you know it's about a horse. :cool:

Taken from a comment on this page:
"From the band website: An orphan who herded sheep on lands belonging to a certain feudal lord (noyon) had nothing except Chiraa-Khoor, his beautiful, strong and fast horse. The noyon grew jealous of the horse and wanted to take it away. The orphan herder fled to others lands, and in this song, describes his journey. He began in the upper regions of the Khemchik River, in Bai-Taiga, and fled towards Tandi. As he travels along, he gives his own poetic names to the natural sights along the way."

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
You can really hear the horse in the music<3

• I agree
Reactions: Alain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)