Music Part Two (6 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
A timely song from my all-time favorite 80's band.
XTC - This World Over
I had one album (CD) by them called 'English Settlement'. It was during my phase when I liked listening to some 'post-punk'/'new wave' bands from England and Germany.

These two were my favs from that album:

Reactions: One65

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
In 10 minutes there's an online concert stream for this female slavic folk singing group from Eastern Europe (already posted about here and in another thread):

• Love this post!
Reactions: One65

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I haven't had much time at all to listen to these offerings.
I'm always glad when I have a chance to :-D

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
The newest from Wardruna, topic is Healing again.

Lyrics copied from the YT description page:

Healing-mountain
Saddle your soul and let it ride With blind eyes, you’ll surely find the way Draw your breath in – let your thoughts fly Let it out slowly – on winds you’ll bide The spindle spins, the thoughts entwine revolving sight The enchantment song lures the soul from its shape Out through the door, through the cobweb-veil Out borne on bare feet, a heavy burden Out in your innermost, a steep trail ahead High upon Healing-Peak, nine maidens await At the first stop where paths cross, you pause Leave clothes behind and all you own Where you are heading, they’ll be of no use The burden lightens, but heavy is the trail ahead At the second stop where paths cross, you pause Leave time behind, and weighty thoughts Where you are headed, they’ll be of no use The burden lightens, but heavy is the trail ahead At the third stop where paths cross, you pause Leave fears behind, let fall all masks Where you are headed, they’ll be of no use The burden lightens, but heavy is the trail ahead Naked at the top, the mountain knows you North waves an eagle-wing, the wind it draws The shadow-women dance about you They sing for you, chanting powerful runes Wounds and sickness Of marrow and blood Of meat and bone Of flesh and skin into weather and wind you fade I summon you into the mountain blue Where neither sun nor moonshine can reach you I summon you into the forest where no one dwells and out to the sea where no man rows Deep beneath an earthbound stone out of harm’s way Run through the rivers and roll with the ocean tides Into weather and wind you fade Neither sun nor moonshine can reach you Sink in the sea where no man rows Run through the rivers and roll with the ocean tides Healing-mountain stands for eternity It comforts the sick and the sore Each and every one who assails that rock Will find their lifelong ailment cured Leave it behind on Healing-Peak Where the rivers and streams dance northwards and down That mountain mends all those who climb

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The newest from Wardruna, topic is Healing again.

Lyrics copied from the YT description page:
There are so many days when I feel like that climber stumbling barefoot toward the mountaintop. Others where I feel like the woman weaving her magic as she stands tlal, the bearded man with arms wide to embrace it all... but especially the climber.

Reminds me how long it's been since I've been to the mountains! Far, far too long. I love the mountains in all their savage glory and immense beauty.

This song is for me, very healing indeed. Wadruna does it again!

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
I have been discovering Tool the last days.
I always though of them as a good Metal band but their music seems much more than that.
I feels more like spiritual songs which touches you in the core. the texts are also very spiritual and the video clips are "out of this world"

just an example of one song and the lyrics

Lateralus
Tool

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me
Lets me see
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn beyond the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines
Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me
Lets me see
There is so much more
And beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn outside the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Feed my will to feel this moment
Urging me to cross the line
Reaching out to embrace the random
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come
I embrace my desire to
I embrace my desire to
Feel the rhythm, to feel connected
Enough to step aside and weep like a widow
To feel inspired
To fathom the power
To witness the beauty
To bathe in the fountain
To swing on the spiral
To swing on the spiral to
Swing on the spiral
Of our divinity
And still be a human
With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
Between the sounds and open wide to suck it in
I feel it move across my skin
I'm reaching up and reaching out
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me
What ever will bewilder me
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been
Spiral out, keep going
Spiral out, keep going
Spiral out, keep going
Spiral out, keep going

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
apparently the song even goes a bit deeper. No wonder that I intitively picked this one ... :cool:
I used to be a real 'Toolhead' (used as an analogy to or derivation from "Metalhead") in the early 2000-years especially. I've listen endlessly to the Lateralus album (2001) which was my favourite for a long long time.

And yes, they are a universe to discover and somewhat unique in their genre (well, some say they are in a genre of their own anyway already). I like their 'occult' and 'spiritual' angle. Too many other metal bands are either somehow atheistic (cuz it's maybe cool or whatever) or even satanistic (Black Metal), so it is really refreshing to have Tool.
>:)s o:) :cool:

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
I used to be a real 'Toolhead' (used as an analogy to or derivation from "Metalhead") in the early 2000-years especially. I've listen endlessly to the Lateralus album (2001) which was my favourite for a long long time.

And yes, they are a universe to discover and somewhat unique in their genre (well, some say they are in a genre of their own anyway already). I like their 'occult' and 'spiritual' angle. Too many other metal bands are either somehow atheistic (cuz it's maybe cool or whatever) or even satanistic (Black Metal), so it is really refreshing to have Tool.
>:)s o:) :cool:
In metal I indeed can't picture a band that has this kind of spirituality in it.

the bands that I like mostly are in the category of:
- protest songs
- letting out the internal feelings (anger, frustration, dissolution, disapointment ...) toward a strange world

these are band like the old Metallica, Pantera, Channel Zero, Hexa Mera, linkin park,...

this is also the reason you find a lot of rough outside, solf inside people in the metal scene as they find their feelings translated in the music.

• I agree
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017

talking about emotions, i found this band once while searching, their speed is quite remarquable in the songs but i cannot listen to them makes me too nervous

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017

those trying to help us infiltrated all music kinds so the message can get most outreached even when it means the music derives from what the core is

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
My fav radio broadcaster just had a special hour playing the entire album. Reason: 40 years!!! 25 July 1980. Time flies.

BACK IN BLACK

Here's the first song:

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
Now paid more attention to the lyrics. This is actually a real TRUTHER song!
And very fitting for 2020 indeed.

:cool:
and at a moment censured and the big question why, well truth and beauty were in songs at a moment

very lovely voice

• I agree
Reactions: June

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

Yothu Yindi - Tribal Voice

Gurrumul Yunupingu was a great aboriginal songwriter, keyboards, guitar, and vocals. His voice can be quite sublime (on some other tracks). On the CD I have, he is not the lead vocals on this song, but on instrumentals. I stand in awe of this man. (Apologies to the religious concerns of anyone - as I am posting a picture of someone who has since died).

Tribal Voice CD image.jpeg Gurrumul Yunupingu.jpeg

Lyrics

There's a waking of a rainbow dawn
And the sun will rise up high There's a whisper in the morning light Saying get up and meet the day Well, inside my mind there is a tribal voice And it's speaking to me every day And all I have to do is to make a choice 'Cause I know there is no other way All the people in the world are dreaming (get up, stand up) Some of us cry, cry, cry for the rights of survival now (get up, stand up) Saying c'mon, c'mon, stand up for your rights (get up, stand up) While others don't give a damn They're all waiting for a perfect day So you better get up and fight for your rights Don't be afraid of the move you make You better listen to your tribal voice All the people in the world are dreaming (get up, stand up) Some of us cry, cry, cry for the rights of survival now (get up, stand up) Saying c'mon, c'mon, stand up for your rights (get up, stand up) While others don't give a damn They're all waiting for a perfect day You better get up and fight for your rights Don't be afraid of the move you make You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice Well I wonder if it's part of history Full of influence and mystery From the spirits of my people Who have just gone before Into future of another day All the people in the world are dreaming (get up, stand up) Some of us cry, cry, cry for the rights of survival now (get up, stand up) Saying c'mon, c'mon, stand up for your rights (get up, stand up) While others don't give a damn They are all waiting for a perfect day You better get up and fight for your rights Don't be afraid of the move that you make You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice You better listen to your tribal voice (get up, stand up) You better listen to your tribal voice (get up, stand up) You better listen to your tribal voice (get up, stand up) You better listen to your tribal voice (get up, stand up) You better listen to your tribal voice (get up, stand up)

(emphasis added by HM)

Songwriters: Mandawuy Bakamana Yunupingu
© BMG Rights Management
For non-commercial use only.
Data From: LyricFind

Last edited:
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Gurrumul Yunupingu was from northern Australia, but there are tribal elders right in the heart of Australia (Uluru) who are getting ready for a grand alignment and ceremony (portal opening) at Uluru - the solar plexus chakra of Gaia, on the upcoming Solstice - 21st December 2020.

These elders have all been in touch with spirit, and their own tribal voice. That's how they are awake and aware, see the words I highlighted in the song. That song was first made in 1991. Cool, isn't it?

• Divine
Reactions: Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)