Music Part Two (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

drakke1

Rambling Companion
Apr 25, 2019
Northern CA
A wonderful assemblage of frisky tunes featuring unusual instruments and colorful participants...(just skip over your choice of "interlopers" in the mix) :)

Last edited:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
Germany
astral-blog.weebly.com
A wonderful assemblage of frisky tunes featuring unusual instruments and colorful participants...(just skip over your choice of "interlopers" in the mix) :)

Nice, I like Faun. Posted here about them before. Their best song imv is the live performance they did with my favourite artist Einar Selvik (just look a few pages back here on this thread and you'll find it).

Sinera

Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
Germany
astral-blog.weebly.com
How to lose your clothes during a concert you do and still feel VERY good about it.

(Advice: don't look for the clue of my words by skipping but watch from beginning through to end to 'feel' the song's message and the unfolding 'drama' related to it. It's really worth it :cool: ).

Sinera

Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
Germany
astral-blog.weebly.com
Tool is still Tool and this is good news. One of the new songs.

"Pneuma"

We are spirit bound to this flesh
(We) Go round one foot nailed down
(But) Bound to reach out and beyond this flesh, become Pneuma

We are will and wonder, bound to recall, remember
We are born of one breath, one word
We are all one spark, sun becoming

Child, wake up
Child, release the light
Wake up now, child
Child, wake up
Child, release the light
Wake up now, child
(Spirit, Spirit, Spirit, Spirit)
Bound to this flesh, this guise, this mask, this dream

Wake up remember
We are all one spark, sun becoming

Pneuma
Reach out and beyond
Wake up remember
We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

At least Wiki is still good for this kind of 'neutral' info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneuma

:cool:

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I just saw the movie with some friends. A great show...

Last edited:

Sinera

Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
Germany
astral-blog.weebly.com
Unusual from me ... it's COUNTRY TIME, yipieh yeah!

Normally don't listen to country at all, but the wonderful exception is the work of David Eugene Edwards (16 Horsepower, Wovenhand) with his Gothic / Alternative Country and Dark Folk styles.

Can't help but love the lyrics of this one and especially the punchline here (do the count of the sheriffs to understand the entire story with the horse and his dream...).

DEE is a very intense guy live, he mostly is in an altered state of consciousness (kind of religious elatedness) when he's performing:

This is from their album titled "Folklore" which had mostly folk covers from different international artists. Here is the hungarian original:

Here is another cover from this album which I like a lot.

However you see it, a truly 'feminist' song, or not? ... :fp:ROFL:

Original is sung by a woman/girl, btw, from the Carter Family:

"Single girl, single girl, she's going dressed fine Oh, she's going dressed fine
Married girl, married girl, she wears just any kind Oh, she wears just any kind
Single girl, single girl, she goes to the store and buys Oh, she goes to the store and buys
Married girl, married girl, she rocks the cradle and cries Oh, she rocks the cradle and cries
Single girl, single girl, she's going where she please Oh, she's going where she please
Married girl, married girl, baby on her knees Oh, baby on her knees"

Last edited:

drakke1

Rambling Companion
Apr 25, 2019
Northern CA
Hugely upbeat and talent rich -- a true treat if you're so inclined...A wonderful mix of tunes and styles...play on YT for the mix benefits...

Very charming and bucolic...

Finally, a wonderful medley from years ago...

Last edited:

Sinera

Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
Germany
astral-blog.weebly.com
It is not really 'Folk' music despite the setting (nature, Bavarian garb, touting tradition) and the fact that some also call this "Volks"-Musik.

In actuality, it is rather 'Schlager' (well, some also say 'volkstümlicher Schlager' = 'folksy chanson').

And for me like for many Germans I can say ... it is terrible, and often ridiculed. And production-wise and musically also very cheap. I agree with you that it is certainly upbeat and light-hearted though.

Believe it or not ... one of the things that always made me be ashamed of Germany in my younger years was the Schlager and "Volks"-Musik. Seriously. I always hoped never ever any one from abroad would watch this and see it as representative of contemporary Germany. Well ... nightmare come true now.
:fp:ROFL:

Even contemporary German Gangsta-Rap is better than this and that is already bottom drawer for me. Just as an example and to 'contrast' the video above a little (for diversity's sake ;)):

By the way: should you be interested and have nerves of steel you can click on CC to get the English lyrics translation, have fun with the Gangsta vibes ...
:gig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)