Music Part Two (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
And for those who would enjoy some "European sounds"... BTW, if you shift to YT itself you'll have a clearer idea about the videos playing "on automatic"...
(I "did" my middle two years of undergrad in Munich and came to enjoy Germany and the culture quite a bit, plus learning the language rather well...English and German come from the same "source" so that made it easier...) I arrived in München just as Oktoberfest was starting -- quite a treat... :)
Style and era referred to, as well as language, reminds me of the brandnew Rammstein video 'Radio'.
:cool::nail:fp

;)

• Cool Post
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I like what he says to announce the song: "Trance is the nicest kind to travel on this planet."

Early Faun was way better because they had more of these trance-like hypnotic pieces of music.

And yes, it is a castle in the background. We have lots of castle concerts in good old Europe. That is the blessing of an old culture that built lasting monuments over history. It is a good trend of the recent years that these are now used more often even for concerts and other cultural events of all kinds.

O.o:D

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Take it easy....

Last edited:
  • Divine
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Rammstein always has been Satire and Comedy, showing all the dark sides of humanity by ironically poking fun at it.

Nothing makes it more clear with their newest output which deals with colonialism and sex tourism in a 'funny' way. Well, I find it funny but my humour is as strange as that of Rammstein. So for the more sensitive ones: be warned. ;)

Lyrics:
(from https://lyricstranslate.com/en/ausländer-stranger.html)

Foreigner

I travel a lot, I like to travel
Far and near and near and far
I'm at home everywhere
My language: international
I like to please everyone
Yeah, my vocabulary isn't bad
A sharp sword in the battle of words
With the other gender

I'm not a man for one night
I stay, at most, one, two hours
Before the sun is laughing again
I'm already gone
And continue my rounds

I'm a foreigner (foreigner)
Mi amore 1, mon chéri 2
Foreigner (foreigner)
Ciao, ragazza 3, take a chance on me
Mon amour 1 Я люблю тебя 4
A foreigner (foreigner)
Come on, baby, c'est, c'est, c'est la vie 5

Other countries, other tongues
So I forced myself early on
to the chagrin of misunderstanding
That you have to learn languages
And when the sun sets
And you stand in front of foreigners
It's helpful if you then
can make yourself understood.

I'm not a man for one night
I stay, at most, one, two hours
Before the sun is laughing again
I'm already gone
And continue my rounds
Hahahahahaha

Mi amore, mon chéri
Foreigner (foreigner)
Ciao, ragazza, take a chance on me
Mon amour Я люблю тебя
A foreigner (foreigner)
Come on, baby, c'est, c'est, c'est la vie

You come with me, I make good

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Sometimes when I get bored on the internet I watch the newest Senri Kawagutchi videos. Then I am not bored anymore. But it's just me as a former drummer and now fanboy. :cool:

• Cool Post

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
For those that missed it, or who may appreciate the reminder, I still have the YouTube playlist available for all of our music from Part 1 of the music thread:

You can cycle through all 150 songs, or click here to load it in YouTube.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Today heard the first one on the radio and was reminded that Brian Fallon (a 'young Springsteen') writes interesting songs and song lyrics. First is about a friend dying in a car crash and the second about life (and its attachments) in general. I really love the 2nd song (from his solo work) especially also for the harmonies and melodies.

"Well, I wonder which song they're gonna play when we go
I hope it's something quiet, minor and peaceful and slow
When we float out into the ether, into the Everlasting Arms
I hope we don't hear Marley's chains we forged in life"

"And I wonder were you scared when the metal hit the glass?
See, I was playing a show down the road
When your spirit left your body
And they told me on the front lawn
I'm sorry I couldn't go"

"Maybe there's more than the treasures we secure
That become heavy chains, to sink us in tidal waves"

Reactions: Laron

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
How could I forget Tusk. Great song too, yeah.

I also remembered this one which I stumbled across a few months ago. It's just too cute. There are other clips done likewise on that channel.

Reactions: Laron

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
raw nordic bardic/skaldic music, 'unplugged' if you will, soothing, meditative, best for this are Eldrim or Wardruna, new songs from their latest albums of which I'm certain the fairies are dancing to ... :cool:

Reactions: One65

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I don't know who is the better one of the two best drummer ladies: Senri of Anika? Both are great and the best drummer ladies with a large gap to rank 3 behind them. And maybe they both are sisters of a kind anyway. So here is Anika's latest Jazz Fusion Rock thing (and I think it sounds even a little bit like early Yes prog rock, huh? Just a bit more funky ;)):

:cool:

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Divine. Emotion. Pure, tribal, universal and raw. This new live version from Moscow now blew me away.

Rotlaust Tre Fell = A Rootless Tree Falls

(Which imv praises the love for your homeland and country, some also would call it patriotism maybe but for me this is rather unpolitical, just loving your roots and your home, there is nothing wrong with that, either.)

Seeing this band perform live for me is like nothing else of a transcendent experience you can have. They are unique. Gotta see them. Unfortunately they never come near my home town.

But never give up hope.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Divine. Emotion. Pure, tribal, universal and raw. This new live version from Moscow now blew me away.

(Which imv praises the love for your homeland and country, some also would call it patriotism maybe but for me this is rather unpolitical, just loving your roots and your home, there is nothing wrong with that, either.)

Seeing this band perform live for me is like nothing else of a transcendent experience you can have. They are unique. Gotta see them. Unfortunately they never come near my home town.

But never give up hope.
Hypnotizing in a way.
For some reason the term 'druidic' comes to mind when I see and hear them.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016

But never give up hope.
Apparently unavailable for me:(

• Intriguing Post

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren’t permanent –
But change is!

By the way these 3 young dudes did a good cover of the Peanuts Gang song. A really good Peanuts cover band they are, called Hurry or Haste or similar. I can recommend them. Btw, I was there during exactly THIS concert which is on DVD, hence the high movie quality. It was in 2004 in the Festhalle Frankfurt. Already 15 years ago now. Unbelievable. Time flies.

• Love this post!

drakke1

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 25, 2019
Northern CA
Jewel is the daughter/grand daughter of folks who came from a German-Swiss background, via Alaska. Her youth was spent amid rustic splendor and healthy pursuits. Today she is quite well known on the country/bluegrass scene. She is depthful, beautiful and remarkably talented. And appears to be a quite intelligent, and sensitive human.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
No, his mind is not for rent
To any god or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren’t permanent –
But change is!

By the way these 3 young dudes did a good cover of the Peanuts Gang song. A really good Peanuts cover band they are, called Hurry or Haste or similar. I can recommend them. Btw, I was there during exactly THIS concert which is on DVD, hence the high movie quality. It was in 2004 in the Festhalle Frankfurt. Already 15 years ago now. Unbelievable. Time flies.

I've seen them live several times. Alex Leifson really comes alive.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I've seen them live several times. Alex Leifson really comes alive.
Me two times, all in the Frankfurt Festhalle, 2004 (see vid) and 2011. As a drummer I always wanted to play like Neil. So he influenced me quite a bit back then. I also listned to lots of 'prog' then.

When I started in a band 1988 I was introduced to Rush by our band leader + guitar player. He gave me a cassette of the album 'Hold Your Fire'. So 'Force Ten' was the first song I ever heard of them. Funny that I was then not so sure if I heard a woman or a man singing due to Geddy's high ranges.

Later of course I bought vinyls, a live concert VHS 'Exit Stage Left' and then also CDs and live concert DVDs (Show of Hands, Rio, R30) in the 90ies of them.

drakke1

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 25, 2019
Northern CA
"Modern" expressions of the ancient culture's music...very smooth and charming with that distinctive carnatic flavor and sound...

And, re the veena itself...

veena - Google Search

And, somewhat along the same lines, with 153 million views...

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Smash the radio
No outside voices here
Smash the watch
Cannot tear the day to shreds
Smash the camera
Cannot steal away the spirits
The rhythm is around me
The rhythm has control
The rhythm is inside me
The rhythm has my soul

:cool:

• Wise Post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)