US Judge Revokes Mother's Custody of Son Because She's Unvaccinated... (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
"When US woman Rebecca Firlit joined a virtual court hearing with her ex-husband earlier this month, the Chicago mother expected the proceedings to focus on child support. But the judge had other plans." ... "One of the first things he asked me . . . was whether or not I was vaccinated," Firlit, 39, told the Chicago Sun-Times. She was not, she said, explaining that she has had "adverse reactions to vaccines in the past" and that a doctor advised her against getting the coronavirus vaccine."
"Cook County Judge James Shapiro then made what the parents' lawyers called an unprecedented decision - he said the mother could not see her 11-year-old son until she got the vaccine. The child's father is vaccinated, the Sun-Times reported."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/300395222/covid19-us-judge-revokes-unvaccinated-mothers-custody-of-her-son

Rebekah

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Decisions reversed, but this judge has some serious issues in my mind, regarding differentiating personal convictions from law. Being a nurse myself, and unvaccinated, I have to say I disagree wholeheartedly with his assessment!

"Hambrick tells Shapiro that he has consulted with family members who are nurses and doctors.

“I would be very surprised if you consulted with a doctor who advised you not to get vaccinated,” Shapiro says.

“I would not be as surprised if you consulted with a nurse who did not get vaccinated because nurses apparently in Houston and elsewhere are refusing to get vaccinated. That speaks a lot to their intelligence level and I would not want to be treated by a nurse who refused to get vaccinated. It’s not a choice, Mr. Hambrick, it’s an obligation.”

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Shapiro is a county judge, which is near the bottom of the judge ladder. Also, he's in Cook County, which is where Chicago is, and that should tell you a lot. Some people go the judge route because of a love of the law. Others go to fuel their needs as a petty tyrant. He reversed himself pretty fast, which tells you someone explained how the law works in no uncertain terms. I wonder if he still is asking those questions now.

Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)