Music Part Two (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Gabrielle Aplin : Salvation - used as backing music on so many live TV shows, usually the bit after 2:30 minutes

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Some good 'ol Krautrock (interesting that it was actually more successful even today with a solid fanbase in the UK than in Germany).

Example one: City - Am Fenster (At The Window)

(... that rock fiddle!)

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Example Three: Can - Vitamin C

(Iirc, David Bowie and David Byrne listed them as one of their musical influences)

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Interesting in that it also sounds like Native American music. The singing style and drums/percussion sound very similar to me.
Another brandnew one. From Heilung. Heilung means Healing. Shamanic Ambient Nordic Folk is the music.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Interesting in that it also sounds like Native American music. The singing style and drums/percussion sound very similar to me.
This is often said about Heilung. I goes back to the same pre-historic sources and 'roots', literally. Shamanic, druidic, nature-religion, bronze age or further back, when humans first started making music using their voices (also the shamanic guttural throat singing style stems from that) and drumming with wooden sticks on trees or tightened animal skins. Many Native Americans like this music (seen some YT comments) as it reminds them of their own roots and they hope that Heilung one day also do a US tour. Native Americans should create a similar band with their root music in the US, would be cool to see it.

• I agree
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Yes, I used to have one of their albums before I gave away all my vinyl to charity.
Cool. Did not expect for anyone round here knowing them at all. I like posting music here of which I think members here don't know it yet. Anyway, many would not even know this group in a German-only forum.
;)

• Informative
Reactions: Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Another brandnew one. From Heilung. Heilung means Healing. Shamanic Ambient Nordic Folk is the music.

Thanks for posting. I could listen to an album of that on long drives. I like it that it's sung in German, as the appropriate language for the shamanic ritual and meaning to come through.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Cool. Did not expect for anyone round here knowing them at all. I like posting music here of which I think members here don't know it yet. Anyway, many would not even know this group in a German-only forum.
Dance of the Lemmings was the album which I had. I also got into the likes of Terry Riley (A Rainbow in Curved Air) and Pink Fairies (Never Never Land) as well as Tangerine Dream, Aphrodites Child and Kraftwerk. Not forgetting Pink Floyd, Yes and Genesis of course.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Waited to get the timing right - just feeling this one in the wee hours.

• Love this post!

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Thanks for posting. I could listen to an album of that on long drives. I like it that it's sung in German, as the appropriate language for the shamanic ritual and meaning to come through.
It is not German, HM. They are multilingual and very multinational (their homebase is in Denmark) and mostly sing in Norse languages and often in old (Nordic) Runes. So the lyrics are - quite literally! - very old indeed. Of course, we could say it is Germanic in a way, because Nordic/Scandinavian and German languages have common roots (same as Dutch or English). They also have some rare English parts (see video below about a song how war came to a formerly peaceful world and society). So far I detected not a lot of contemporary German, except in one song where their metal / deep throat singer (who is the only German in this band) does a shamanic divination ritual on stage. And yes, their bandname is German (Heilung = Healing).
Their new album is due in June. Hope I can see them live one day because it is a great and magickal musical theater show indeed.

• Thank you!
Reactions: Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The Universe gifted me with a music DVD of Norah Jones playing live at the Austin City Limits in 2007. It was a great way to spend an hour, and I was thinking of you, Linda.

Reactions: Linda
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Norah Jones playing live at the Austin City Limits in 2007.
Once, when we were moving, it was my job to transport 2 cats and 1 dog. Nora Jones kept everyone calm for the 3 hour drive.

drakke1

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 25, 2019
Northern CA
Very peppy, very classy, indeed. The great names of the period featured -- very 1930s - 40s...hugely enjoyable if you can do without rap, metal, grunge for a few minutes :)...

And for those who would enjoy some "European sounds"... BTW, if you shift to YT itself you'll have a clearer idea about the videos playing "on automatic"...
(I "did" my middle two years of undergrad in Munich and came to enjoy Germany and the culture quite a bit, plus learning the language rather well...English and German come from the same "source" so that made it easier...) I arrived in München just as Oktoberfest was starting -- quite a treat... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)