Help Crystal Identification (Part Two) - Post Your Photos (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This is the beginning of Part Two of the original thread.

If you have an unknown stone or crystal, we might be able to help.
The best way to take a photo is outside in the daylight with a neutral background.
We love to be amazed, so share your beauties.

Reactions: Michael369

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Do you think that this crystal is also an elestial?
View attachment 9267
I would say yes.
Also, I may see a rutile or two in there, eg just below the top facets of the big middle termination.
Do you see any rutiles (like black hairs or threads) when you turn it from different angles?

Reactions: CrystalLover11

CrystalLover11

Just Arrived
Feb 21, 2020
Lila I'm not quite sure if I see rutiles in the crystal, however, I think I see phantoms at the top, what do you think? Do you see two triangles and would you consider them phantoms?

Attachments

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I see something. Without being able to hold the crystals to the light and turn them this way and that I really don't know.

I'd say that phantoms are like a dusting of the crystal when it was smaller, so most often the same basic shape smaller in size. It can be layered if the phantom 'dusting' took place more than once. I just lucked into a crystal like that and find it endlessly fascinating. Also you could expect it to bring closer some past life dreaming or such. I find myself drawn deeply into mine and often want to sleep when I have a chance to sit with it.
What I do see is multiple darker areas; if they form a pattern then perhaps it's a phantom pattern. If not, then you have some sort of inclusions which, being in quartz are emphasized. Also, either way, you have something beautiful to refract the light in different ways.

I almost always love the 'dirty' crystals best as they are full of surprises <3

Reactions: CrystalLover11

Siggie

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
about 20 years ago I bought this piece of quartz as it came from Russia but unfortunately, I cannot remember its name. There might have been even communication problems too. Without light shining through it looks dark brown with a hint of purple and pink, especially where it was broken off. Did anyone come across a similar quartz? The lower side on the picture is sharp as a knife. Looking forward to your response...20200301_094741.jpg20200301_094741.jpg20200301_095008.jpg

Siggie

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Hi beautiful experts, I took some more close-ups, as I got really hooked by the crystal when I focused on it. Obviously it wants to be awakened to its purpose. The length is 10 cm, to give you an impression on the size. Have a look at the little rainbow spec on the 122154.jpg, its so interesting...20200302_121938.jpg20200302_122154.jpg20200302_123206_001.jpg20200302_123356.jpg

Reactions: Tania

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Siggie that is a stunning piece with so many elements. The sharpness reminds me of some volcanic glass I have, and some aspects are similar to the piece of quartz posted right before yours. However, best wait for Maryann and Lila to drop by and give their ideas - they are quite talented.

Reactions: Tania

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Hi beautiful experts, I took some more close-ups, as I got really hooked by the crystal when I focused on it. Obviously it wants to be awakened to its purpose. The length is 10 cm, to give you an impression on the size. Have a look at the little rainbow spec on the 122154.jpg, its so interesting...View attachment 9304View attachment 9305View attachment 9306View attachment 9307
All I can really say is that it looks incredible and probably feels even more amazing. The color looks most like a smoky to my eyes in the pics but you describe some other colors too.
What perhaps catches my eye most is the striations on the sides; record keepers?

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
This looks suspiciously like a super seven or something similar, especially the top left one. Are the 4 photos all of the same piece? Super 7 will have some hematite in it, which can show up as shiny hematite or as deep, dark red. It will also have a zigzag pattern and layering to the crystallization, which differentiates it from a "normal" quartz. Nice rainbows on that one!

• Winner
Reactions: Lila

Siggie

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
All I can really say is that it looks incredible and probably feels even more amazing. The color looks most like a smoky to my eyes in the pics but you describe some other colors too.
What perhaps catches my eye most is the striations on the sides; record keepers?
Thanks for bringing this up, this comes to my mind again and again...

• Intriguing Post

Siggie

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Yes, Maryann, it is all the same piece. The striations are totally different on each side. I never had a smoky with this natural structure either. As I mentioned, the color has a distinct tinge of purple and pink as well. Thanks for your comments.

• Cool Post

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Here's a piece of super seven I have, where you can see the colors and geometries a bit. It's not the greatest piece but might help in identifying such. The red at the top is the hematite end. It looks like your piece has something like hematite on it, the silver.

IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1347.JPG

• Magical
  • Divine
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Siggie

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Thank you Maryann, I had a look at superseven, it definitely has different qualities in it and after putting it into sunrise light and under starlight, the energy field of it has increased significantly. I have it now in my bedroom, waiting for it sharing more information with me... :)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
MelanieM2000 - that green ones just calls out, doesn't it?

I'm great at finding unusual pieces, but not so great at identifying them. We've got a couple of people who are really good (Lila Maryann), and they should be along today or tomorrow.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
That green one could be a jasper with those intriguing bits in it though another stone comes to mind with that particular shade of green; I can't recall the name just now but it's something like healer's stone.
The middle one looks to me like a tumbled quartz with dark inclusions in it. You could use that to enhance any other stone's qualities as quartz can.
The last one I'd also guess is a jasper though the pics is a bit limiting so tough to be sure.
Edit: just saw the little pic of the last one where it almost looks like it has the tiger's eye stripes, though not quite the colours I might expect.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
A bright green serpentine, moss agate or as Lila says, included quartz, green tiger's eye, that's what I see. Tiger's eye can be any number of colors, not just the well-known brown/gold.

• Winner

gms

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 11, 2019
Hi dearies <3
I had this pendant for a long time and i don’t know what is it.
Can someone help me please ❤

Lila Maryann

53576263-BAEB-4A5E-9760-16E7DF381361.jpeg

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Fascinating, looks like it has a lot of secrets, but it doesn't look familiar to me. Interesting colors, looks sort of like some kind of jade…?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
At first glance I thought I could somewhat see through it so that it was some form of quartz with various cool inclusions. Looking closer I am not sure if it is opaque? Any chance of another pic with the light showing it's highlights?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks, I can see here that it is opaque; I can't see anything behind it. So my initial theories would go out the window.
I don't think I have any to replace them.
I can say I find the pattern and 'little bits' really intriguing and that I also really like the setting which I find really elegant in a way that shows off the beautiful stone.

• Love this post!
Reactions: gms

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Hairfinds I moved your post to this thread because the people who are good at identifying stones and crystals watch this one.
Your piece has several elements, which I think make it quite beautiful.

Lila and Maryann, I think you will like this one.

Reactions: Hairfinds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)