Help Crystal Identification (Part Two) - Post Your Photos (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
That's an interesting one. Beats me. The red/orange ones look like agate, but … ?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Are those little blue opals in the big bottom piece?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
If they were opals they'd have that 'opalescent' quality that always reminds me of flowing water. That one can be tough to capture on film.

• Magical
Reactions: Maryann

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I'd expect different colours, but the sheen almost looks like ammolite. If so, it's a real find. It does look tough to take a picture of that sheen.

Reactions: Maryann

bri_f35

Just Arrived
Jul 19, 2020
Hi! I am new here and was hoping you could help me identify some crystals I’ve recently inherited. My grandmother was an avid crystal and gemstone collector, and when she passed she left me her collection. I learned a lot from her before she passed and I was able to identify many of them, but these I am not 100% sure of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Nice pieces - so great when they are handed down. We've got a couple of people who are good at identification, and they should be along soon.
Lila Maryann

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
We've got a couple of people who are good at identification, and they should be along soon.
I'm going to have to bow out of rock-id service for a while. Happy to relinquish my spot to others with a keener eye than mine. <3

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
In that first photo I think I see some pyrite in that dark green rock to the left. The light green one at the top could be jade or agate.
In the next photo the lavender one toward the bottom reminds me of the glow that chalcedony can get. The chunky yellow pieces also remind me of something though I can't place it.
The third photo has what looks like a piece of shiny peacock ore to the right though I'd expect to possibly see some purples and/or greens; not just blue.
I wonder if your next piece has fluorite. I think I see cubic shapes there that fluorite makes.
Could be garnet on the dark rock that is next. Hard to tell in the light.
Left to right in your last pick I'd guess sodalite and agate. Not sure about that green shaded one.

I hope that gives you at least a start.

bri_f35

Just Arrived
Jul 19, 2020
In that first photo I think I see some pyrite in that dark green rock to the left. The light green one at the top could be jade or agate.
In the next photo the lavender one toward the bottom reminds me of the glow that chalcedony can get. The chunky yellow pieces also remind me of something though I can't place it.
The third photo has what looks like a piece of shiny peacock ore to the right though I'd expect to possibly see some purples and/or greens; not just blue.
I wonder if your next piece has fluorite. I think I see cubic shapes there that fluorite makes.
Could be garnet on the dark rock that is next. Hard to tell in the light.
Left to right in your last pick I'd guess sodalite and agate. Not sure about that green shaded one.

I hope that gives you at least a start.
Thank you for your help!!!

• Compassionate
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
My first thought was that this is a big beauuuutiful piece of blue calcite., though that very blue shade in your first pic could perhaps be angelite too, like One65 mentioned.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, even more beautiful. And such a large piece!
You are in luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)