Help Crystal Identification (Part Two) - Post Your Photos (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Hello, Hairfinds. Welcome to the forum.
Looks like a mixed stone. I believe I see flakes of mica there and a sort of 'frosting' of quartz with iron in it. The frosting reminds me of a cake:cool:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Reactions: Hairfinds

Hairfinds

Just Arrived
Apr 13, 2020
You posted this just as I posted a reply to your first set of pics:))
It sparkles! What a beauty.

I'd love to hear Maryann's take on this one as I wonder what else there may be here. I believe I see quartz and hematite (iron containing) at a minimum.
Thank You I love the deep red in this stone. Also here is a pic of the stone I found before it.

Attachments

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
The shiny silver looks like galena. I've never seen it encrusted with anything but that's what the inner mineral looks like to me. That red one, a mystery stone for sure! I don't know…

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Lila and Hairfinds

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
What came to mind when I saw the red, though, was the word "cinnabar", but I hope it's not that, or that if it is that you handle it carefully. Cinnabar can leach mercury through the skin. I did a quick search and found this image of a stone with cinnabar on the surface:
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.50.31 PM.png

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Lila

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Both galena and cinnabar are pretty heavy stones, so you'd feel the weight in your hand compared to something less dense, like a regular old rock.

• Winner
Reactions: Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
What came to mind when I saw the red, though, was the word "cinnabar", but I hope it's not that, or that if it is that you handle it carefully. Cinnabar can leach mercury through the skin. I did a quick search and found this image of a stone with cinnabar on the surface:
Hairfinds, I was curious, looked up cinnabar, and discovered there is quite a bit in Nevada.

• Winner
Reactions: Lila and Hairfinds

Hairfinds

Just Arrived
Apr 13, 2020
View attachment 9513
Maryann thank you for your input I've had a fascination with crystals ever since I was a lil kid. My dad before he died took my arrow Head hunting in Kentucky he always found some neat artifacts. I love how the first picture I took of the quarts with the shiny mineral looks like a "?"

• Cool Post
Reactions: Maryann and Lila

Hairfinds

Just Arrived
Apr 13, 2020
Here is today's Hairfinds. Any idea of the white growth surrounding the back half of this stone? The yellow and red are wicked against the white back like a face

Attachments

Hairfinds

Just Arrived
Apr 13, 2020
So I bought a Dremel and some bits and tried my hand at polishing and stone carvings. I also found this pendent while rock hunting

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
So I bought a Dremel and some bits and tried my hand at polishing and stone carvings. I also found this pendent while rock hunting
Very nice. I've done a bit of carving with some of the stones I've found.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Your heart is my favorite

Michael369

Just Arrived
Apr 17, 2020
This is the beginning of Part Two of the original thread.

If you have an unknown stone or crystal, we might be able to help.
The best way to take a photo is outside in the daylight with a neutral background.
We love to be amazed, so share your beauties.
IMG_20200417_155039.jpgIMG_20200417_155059.jpgIMG_20200417_155034.jpg

Michael369

Just Arrived
Apr 17, 2020
The yellow quartz is 53 cm by 20 cm I've seen so many lab crystals I'm wondering if any process may have gone through this or if even possible to change or alter a crystal this size the creamy Ness and color is consultant but I'm just stating out

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Michael369 is that quartz coming from a bed of other material? If so, it may be living quartz. Do you know the origin?
We've got 2 people who are very good at identification, and they should be around in a few hours (different time zones).

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I don't know if that's lab-grown, but I do see a lot of interesting faces there, 7-sided next to 4-sided. Have you see if there are channelers or windows, etc? It's possible they could be golden healers, as they have that lemurian quartz matte look, at least in the photos. Those would come from iron-rich base, which is what that looks to be. Interesting growth formations. Is that typical of lab-grown?

MarthaClarke

Just Arrived
Apr 23, 2020
This is the beginning of Part Two of the original thread.

If you have an unknown stone or crystal, we might be able to help.
The best way to take a photo is outside in the daylight with a neutral background.
We love to be amazed, so share your beauties.
Hi everyone,
I would greatly appreciate some help identifying this crystal. Thank you in advance.
Martha 27DCB678-505D-4D17-9111-E85662A623A1.jpeg8D162B41-171B-42FE-AC34-B11371173CB5.jpeg

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Might be red flint
I have some like these and live in an area with quite a bit of flint, as well as iron (long ago volcanic action). It makes sense to me.

Reactions: Maryann

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)