Promoted You can now die of a broken or overworked heart: it's offical (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Sudden emotional stress, such as being in a life-threatening situation, or receiving distressing news about a loved one, has been well described as a social entity deserving urgent medical attention. In Japan it has been called 'Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy' for decades. Real-time ultrasounds of the heart show a heart that cannot pump properly, leading those affected to feel faint and weak, or even pass out from a 'failing' heart.

Now an MSN medical journal is posting that "Karoshi" is an entity describing how one can die from overwork, citing a case of a 31 year old reporter who died of heart failure after posting 139 hours of overtime. They add that this a cause of death that at it has been well described in Japan since the 1960s.

If you ever doubted that emotions can have physical effects, doubt no more!
Better yet, if you needed 'proof', here is plenty.

It's been recognized for decades in the East and is now being reported in the main stream Western medical news as such: https://www.medpagetoday.com/Cardiology/CHF/68423?xid=NL_breakingnews_2017-10-09&eun=g883822d0r

{(Laron) This thread has been promoted to the front page of transients.info. Any responses here will show on the front page article.}

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's always been known in culture, most likely in all cultures.

I remember many old folks saying things when I was growing up like "He died a couple years after she passed away from broken heart" or "He gave his heart and life to the company and after he retired he died from an overworked heart" and "She died young from an over stressed heart, raising 6 kids after her husband passed just took its toll" or "Her heart took too much and wore it's self out but she got her whole family through the Great Depression and migrated West in a covered wagon leading them all before her ticker gave out".

Of course with science being religion these days we don't believe our common sense until science 'discovers' something and makes it official.

OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I think it's always been known in culture, most likely in all cultures.

I remember many old folks saying things when I was growing up like "He died a couple years after she passed away from broken heart" or "He gave his heart and life to the company and after he retired he died from an overworked heart" and "She died young from an over stressed heart, raising 6 kids after her husband passed just took its toll" or "Her heart took too much and wore it's self out but she got her whole family through the Great Depression and migrated West in a covered wagon leading them all before her ticker gave out".

Of course with science being religion these days we don't believe our common sense until science 'discovers' something and makes it official.
Yes, we did have such expressions. Thank you for the beautiful examples.

It seems, at least in my life, that things have gone away from such acknowledgements which were quite common during my childhood, to far less common as they came to be seen as 'old-fashioned' and 'quaint', as I grew older.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I recall reading an article about 10 years ago of a Japanese man valued & on billbaords for his hard work. He died of a heart attack at age 25.

My nextdoor neighbor died after his wife died a year earlier.

My grandparents died a year apart.

I think it is important to have a joyful purpose to continue on. My 96 yr old grandpa is still alive. He says he has had two major loves in his life, his wife & gambling. She died 14 yrs ago, but he gambles his social security check away monthly. Makes you wonder what would happen if that was taken away from him.

OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Love those stories, Anaeika, especially your grandfather's clarity!<3

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Great article LIla and not before time for the West!

As I am slowly moving into heart centred awareness, I am totally conscious of how much my heart does. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING goes through my heart.

Thanks Lila

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
“As I am slowly moving into heart centred awareness, I am totally conscious of how much my heart does. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING goes through my heart.”

I love seeing this come alive in you. <3

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
It is the same for animals...........the animal communicator Anna Breytenbach connected with a cockatoo who could not settle after his owner left him in a sanctuary. Weeks after he died of a broken heart.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Very true. When my youngest brother passed unexpectedly, a few days later his favorite cat and companion of years passed away too, even though it was under the great care of another one of my brothers at his home.
Oh Carl.......that is awesome!

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Very true. When my youngest brother passed unexpectedly, a few days later his favorite cat and companion of years passed away too, even though it was under the great care of another one of my brothers at his home.
I also have heard of soul contracts in regards to this. They were meant to exit together b/c they chose it.
I am wondering if that painful emotional signature triggers corporeal death. Hmm...

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
On that note, a friend’s son died. They were VERY bonded. She described to me how the grief makes her feel like she is dying. She wonders why she is still alive. She must be meant for something else.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer
OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Then there are the oodles of stories of couples or family members who die within very short order of each other...

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Hmm, Lila. This is a bit of a tangent, but when working in hospice, I noticed people really do die in 3s. It didn’t happen every time, but it happened more often than not.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila
OP
Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Hmm, Lila. This is a bit of a tangent, but when working in hospice, I noticed people really do die in 3s. It didn’t happen every time, but it happened more often than not.
And most often around the 3 or 4 am time period tooo_O
which I guess is when our hormones 'switch out'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)