Wikipedia & Holistic/Energy Healing (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Natural News recently published a series of good articles on Wikipedia and their fraudulent 'skeptic' gatekeepers who in recent years even intensified their distorting and almost factless propaganda against all kinds of alternative energy medicine.

Unfortunately their CEO Mr. Wales seems to be of the same mindset, so they can go on unhampered. This is bad news for the world since too many people rely on Wikipedia for factual basis, not just in the medical and health field for healing and prevention.

One of the good and informative articles is here:

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-04-20-jimmy-wales-and-wikipedias-hate-campaign-against-holistic-healing.html

I decided never to use Wikipedia again as a source or a link, even for 'harmless' articles without any 'controversial' content. It's time to make a stand.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Interesting info. Thanks.
I've come to consider Wikipedia a joke source of data, much like Snopes.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Thanks for the information Sinera. I always use Wikipedia for basic facts (i.e. animal info, info on a person who has died) when I have no idea about something, but when it comes to anything alternative, I wouldn't bother unless I wanted those basic facts only.

Snopes is terrible, but, there are some things it's good for. I'm not sure of another site to use instead of Snopes, maybe someone here is?

I'll share this Natural News one on my Facebook pages. (I have about ten thousand followers now)

• I agree
Reactions: Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Like Laron , I will continue to use it for basic facts, but the bias is definitely preventing me from donating any money to them to continue their website.

Reactions: therium

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
One day those partisan "gatekeepers" will be sitting in a tin can in Near Earth Orbit, looking down and wishing they had gone closer to Nature and natural source when they had the chance - when they realise the planet herself is Alive, the Sun is Alive, even energy arriving in the Waves has a mind and is intelligent. What they will sit there and realise is - how small their own minds are.

Reactions: therium and Anaeika

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I find it useful for information on music and authors, don't use it for much else. I can remember many years ago how the page on Radionics was completely rewritten over the course of a few months, it went from being reasonably accurate to a load of poppycock, with references to skeptics dictionary and quackwatch as well as totally inaccurate in its description of how it works. Other alternative modalities went the same way over the same period of time.

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Never been on Snopes, heard bad things of it though. I know it is promoted by the MSM and TPTB as one of those supposed 'fact checker' sites. But as far as I have read it is only operated by a couple, a man and a woman, just as their website. Ridiculous that we have some 'prescribed' gatekeepers of 'official truths' to rely on according to TPTB. Wikipedia is nothing different from the controlled MSM nowadays. It actually IS a MSM outlet.

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I find it useful for information on music and authors, don't use it for much else. I can remember many years ago how the page on Radionics was completely rewritten over the course of a few months, it went from being reasonably accurate to a load of poppycock, with references to skeptics dictionary and quackwatch as well as totally inaccurate in its description of how it works. Other alternative modalities went the same way over the same period of time.
It's been years since I last read there about anything naturopathic, it was bad already then. I am not a masochist with this, so I avoid reading these articles whatever they 'write' about homeopathy, bach flower remedy, Reiki, etc. .

I remember they even labelled orthomolecular medicine as 'pseudo-science' although it is 'kind of' also used in mainstream medicine (hospitals etc.). How disinformed and disinforming. These 'skeptics' are laughable and deplorable people. I feel sorry for them.

• Informative
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I also heard that many believe that hypnosis does not work and the hypnotised person just wants to please the hypnotist. Also they laugh at you when you tell them you can become conscious in dreams although they could test it for themselves but of course never would. So for them even lucid dreaming is a woo-woo and crackpot phenomenon.

• I agree

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
This may be the problem with skeptics, etc. :-

Cognitive dissonance

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values. This discomfort is triggered by a situation in which a person’s belief clashes with new evidence perceived by the person. When confronted with facts that contradict beliefs, ideals, and values, people will try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.

In A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance (1957), Leon Festinger proposed that human beings strive for internal psychological consistency to function mentally in the real world. A person who experiences internal inconsistency tends to become psychologically uncomfortable and is motivated to reduce the cognitive dissonance, by making changes to justify the stressful behavior, either by adding new parts to the cognition causing the psychological dissonance or by avoiding circumstances and contradictory information likely to increase the magnitude of the cognitive dissonance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance

• Winner
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I have to be honest, I didn't believe in all this stuff until it happened to me. When my sister did Reiki on me I actually felt her hands get hot, and when I stopped feeling her hot hands, I still knew exactly where her hands were with my eyes closed, as I could "see" them in my mind somehow. Actually what I saw was the energy outlining her hands in my mind.

A bunch of things have happened to me that are irrefutable, but IMO I don't think people will experience this unless they are more open-minded (literally, clearing and opening their mind) and if their energy frequency is high enough. So, IMO, I don't think most people will experience this at all.

The other issues I had was my energy was really closed off due to past trauma so it took me decades to slowly open up again. I think that was a major problem for me, even though some bizarre things happened to me when I was a kid, after the trauma, and before I worked on myself. I am getting better at sensing energy around different people and in different houses, in some cases the energy was real clear though I wasn't sure what was causing it. (I.e. was it a ghost there at the moment, a portal I was near, or just an imprint of past energy?)

So eventually, the conclusion I came to was, spirits and the spirit world don't require your belief in order for them to exist.

• Love this post!

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
It's been years since I last read there about anything naturopathic, it was bad already then. I am not a masochist with this, so I avoid reading these articles whatever they 'write' about homeopathy, bach flower remedy, Reiki, etc. .

I remember they even labelled orthomolecular medicine as 'pseudo-science' although it is 'kind of' also used in mainstream medicine (hospitals etc.). How disinformed and disinforming. These 'skeptics' are laughable and deplorable people. I feel sorry for them.
That is annoying especially since you are a naturopath! It is also alarming, considering many use it as an authority for information, especially younger generations who are unfamiliar with an encyclopedia. Discernment must be taught. Also, life is the best teacher too.

What I do find nice about the website is that it allows for edits.

• I agree
Reactions: Alain
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
What I do find nice about the website is that it allows for edits.
No. Just no. :oops:

This is exactly the point. It does NOT allow editing for these 'controversial' topics (for harmless ones it would, of course). At least if you have the 'wrong' world-view in these fields.

Any edit you make pro naturopathy or paranormal science or any 'fringe' science for that matter will be re-edited / deleted and the old entries get re-instated by 'master' admins/editors with overwriting rights and these are the ones that keep up that world view. They delete anything you add in favour of it.

This is e.g. also the point with Wikipedia so-called 'character assassinations' about open-minded science and scientists or researchers.

E.g. the famous academic biologist Rupert Sheldrake's article has been distorted and defiled to a degree that makes everyone think he must be a mere lunatic. (Well, at least temporarily, sometimes they take some of it back due to 'some' inside pressure of the more reasonable ones or because they notice it makes them look too bad because of the obvious display of mere hatespeech and dogmatism.) He tried to correct it himself but couldn't. It was changed back every time. Same happens to many other researchers go get defamed.

All of this not just happens in the English version of Wikipedia. It is in each language/country the same misery.

E.g. in my country we have a similar example with historian Daniele Ganser who is/was a university professor (had to leave due to pressure by the 'academic' establishment) who does a lot of investigative research (e.g. questioning the official 9/11 narrative, the Deep State's war for oil politics, former NATO secret armies used for terror attacks by governments to reach certain goals and manipulate public opinion, see Amazon link for the book). Despite his well-researched academic books and findings he gets defamed in Wikipedia, too, because truth is not what they want to see written there.

Here another example from NaturalNews about the excellent paranormal researcher Dean Radin who has many academic credentials but has been defamed constantly with disinfo and biased one-sided criticism (mostly by citing dubious 'skeptic' pages) by the Wiki 'editors' in power because he does the wrong research and (even worse) with the wrong findings:

Here is more examples about character assassinations:

So it is bad in all of these controversial fields: politics, religion, alternative medicine, history, conspiracy research, alternative history and any metaphysical topic including ESP/paranormal/psi research.
:mad:

Edit: found an old bookmark about the Sheldrake 'battle':

Last edited:

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Thank you Sinera . I was hoping you would share that. It is why I posted that! Hehe

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I read articles on CE quite often. Interesting 'coinicidence' that we have this article from today:

• Cool Post

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I read articles on CE quite often. Interesting 'coinicidence' that we have this article from today:

Fascinating! Love that you shared this.

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
About Susan Gerberic, the professed Wikipedia manipulator and truth distorter, and her group of 'Guerrilla Skeptics' who manipulated (defaced I'd say) already hundreds of articles on Wikipedia.

What a disservice to humanity. Will they ever learn what they did and are doing? Shameless.

Very telling that they now are working together with MSM outlets.

• Insightful Post
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
It's always long articles but worth reading or at least to save it for later and this thread thus remains a good resource as a hub for good links, so here's two of the latest ones (would have more older ones to post but I leave it with the new ones).

Here's on Wiki and homeopathy:

Here's on Wiki and supplements (vitamins etc.):

• Thank you!
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Not about healing this time but about politics and fake news. And it's getting worse: Wikipedia founder now also the 'judge' on what is fake news and what is 'truth' by working on the board of that infamous "NewsGuard" propaganda tool app.

I also recently noticed that in the US YouTube they put Wikipedia links on the description to 'inform' people about the 'truth' with controversial issues in the respective videos (9/11, ETs, natural medicine, politics, paranormal topics, whatever).

It's getting worse by the day.

• Intriguing Post

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I've never been in space. I know nothing about space suits except if it fails, you're gonna have a bad day. So should I consider myself an expert on space suits and claim they don't work? Of course not, that's ridiculous. Likewise, if someone has had no experience with energy healing, they should not consider themselves an expert either, nor poo poo the idea outright, that would be foolish.

Some people aren't ready for this stuff, so they mock what they do not understand, but in doing so they reveal the true depth of their ignorance. People who are not "woke" will not "get it". I wasn't always woke, so I understand the condition of "unwokeness".

I've seen the studies on some of the alternative health topics. My focus is on glyphosate in the food system and how it affects the body. Just because someone else hasn't read the studies does not mean they don't exist. By their logic, since they can't see air, then air must not exist, so how do we even stay alive? But there seems to be a pervasive problem with alternative health sites and a lack of links to any studies supporting their article. There is also the problem of a "dead link chain" for sources, where site 3 runs a story and their source is site 2, and their source is site 1, and site 1 doesn't have a source. This makes the alternative health industry look bad and this is a problem that should be addressed.

I am making a list of sources for free studies. It's here.
Use it as you wish. Now there is no excuse for lacking a link to the study.

too many people rely on Wikipedia for factual basis,
I read about one school that banned Wikipedia as a source, since they considered it inaccurate and lazy research.

People can make edits on Wikpedia, but edits are easily "rolled back" and undone if the information doesn't conform to the narrative, and people can be banned for "wrong think", or thinking outside the box.

Last edited:
OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I read about one school that banned Wikipedia as a source, since they considered it inaccurate and lazy research.
Years ago and for a while I went to my old university and the library there for reading stuff on my laptop (the irony: it was mostly about naturopathy, but also generally my study of medicine topics).

I was sitting in the back rows if there was an unoccupied seat left because I like it there. Many people do. I know. Anyway that is just a sidenote...

I was thereby able to have a look at the laptops of the students in the rows before me. If they did not work on their assignments in word, excel or similar they had their browsers on.

I can give a rough estimated statistics on what internet sites they usually browsed on, partly private and partly for their assignments and studying. The sites are clearly recognizable by their typical and well-known overall design, even from afar over several rows of seats. So here we go, fasten seatbelts:

10% Anything on the Internet (local sites, also offical news sites, etc.)
30% Facebook (clearly recognizable, the blueish look, e.g. even from afar)
30% YouTube (recognizable of course, sometimes music vids or other private interest stuff, with headphones on of course, sometimes also recorded campus lectures or otherwise study-related material)
(And now the shocker ... )
30% Wikipedia (again, like FB, clearly recognizable by its looks from afar).

So this is where we are headed as a society with our 'academic hopefuls'.
:fp:confused::bag

• Insightful Post
  • Informative

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
Here's one that is slightly different to alt meds:-

Controversial Wikipedia Edits Wipe Out Denuvo Crack History
People interested in whether a particular Denuvo-protected game has been cracked or not can no longer quickly visit the relevant Wikipedia page and view the information easily. Controversial edits to the official Denuvo page have removed an easy-to-read column, in part due to the claim that the sources used to report pirate releases are unreliable.

https://torrentfreak.com/controversial-wikipedia-edits-wipe-out-denuvo-crack-history-190502/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Torrentfreak+(Torrentfreak)

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Lots of great information here, Sinera. Like many who posted above, discernment proved a useful tool to realize that this was another site that had trouble with objectivity on some subjects, such as energy medicine.
What you point out is an additional element of actively editing in/out information with a specific intent. This is not skepticism as I know the term.

When I look at Wikepedia's definition of skepticism, the first definition posted is one that corresponds pretty well to what you talk about:
"Skepticism (American English) or scepticism (British English, Australian English, and Canadian English) is generally any questioning attitude or doubt towards one or more items of putative knowledge or belief.[1][2] It is often directed at domains, such as the supernatural, morality (moral skepticism), religion (skepticism about the existence of God), or knowledge (skepticism about the possibility of knowledge, or of certainty).[3] Formally, skepticism as a topic occurs in the context of philosophy, particularly epistemology, although it can be applied to any topic such as politics, religion, and pseudoscience. "
- The part about having a questioning attitude or doubt I find unsurprising. What caught my attention is specifically calling out the supernatural, morality, religion and knowledge.
Certainly, no definition I know of states that a skeptic is unable or unwilling to research or look into subjects which the skeptic doubts. That would usually be termed something like 'close mindedness' and every self respecting skeptic I know would consider such an attitude to be one that 'gives skeptics everywhere a bad name'. Calling out specific topics, like the supernatural, as natural objects of skepticism clarifies that these are, in the opinion of the writer of the article/editors/whoever is in charge of content a subject on which the writers/etc consider the topic closed/the answer 'obvious'.

However, in the same article, a bit lower down, are some more standard definitions of skepticism, including these:
"In ordinary usage, skepticism (US) or scepticism (UK) (Greek: 'σκέπτομαι' skeptomai, to search, to think about or look for; see also spelling differences) can refer to:
  1. an attitude of doubt or a disposition to incredulity either in general or toward a particular object;
  2. the doctrine that true knowledge or some particular knowledge is uncertain;
  3. the method of suspended judgment, systematic doubt, or criticism that is characteristic of skeptics (Merriam–Webster).
In philosophy, skepticism can refer to:
  1. a mode of inquiry that emphasizes critical scrutiny, caution, and intellectual rigor;
  2. a method of obtaining knowledge through systematic doubt and continual testing;
  3. a set of claims about the limitations of human knowledge and the proper response to such limitations."
These definitions emphasize an attitude of (systematic) doubt, incredulity, uncertainty, suspended judgment, criticism, critical scrutiny, caution, intellectual rigor, continual testing and acknowledgement of the limitations of human knowledge. When these are applied to information coming in on any topic, great discussion results, in my experience.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Natural News recently published a series of good articles on Wikipedia and their fraudulent 'skeptic' gatekeepers who in recent years even intensified their distorting and almost factless propaganda against all kinds of alternative energy medicine.

Unfortunately their CEO Mr. Wales seems to be of the same mindset, so they can go on unhampered. This is bad news for the world since too many people rely on Wikipedia for factual basis, not just in the medical and health field for healing and prevention.

One of the good and informative articles is here:

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-04-20-jimmy-wales-and-wikipedias-hate-campaign-against-holistic-healing.html

I decided never to use Wikipedia again as a source or a link, even for 'harmless' articles without any 'controversial' content. It's time to make a stand.
The article has a great review of articles published supporting various aspects of energy medicine. I particularly like the ones which are methods one can do for oneself, like EFT 'tapping' as well as the studies that support doing things like reiki after surgery to decrease pain. So simple and easy to incorporate that the study authors apparently incorporated reiki into their postsurgical regimen after doing the study.

On a similar note, therium, I love your list of sources of information on medical topics, with an emphasis on free sources, as well as your compassion toward those who are stuck in a story.
Educating ourselves with an open mind is truly one of the best things we can do:-D

• I agree

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
David Icke has got a video on this very topic of a "War on Alternative Everything", especially that run by Wales of Wikipedia, and Stephen Barrett.

• Thank you!

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
David Icke has got a video on this very topic of a "War on Alternative Everything", especially that run by Wales of Wikipedia, and Stephen Barrett.
Yes, it does look as though a "War on Alternative Everything" is currently underway. It's been building up for a while now, but seems to have become full blown now.

To me it seems to be cross referenced with all this mandatory vaccination that has come down from on high.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Making healthier lifestyle choices has become more and more popular here in the states. It is also being devalued by those who hold oppossite values.

OP
Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Now Facebook and Wiki.

I also noticed a while ago that in the US version of YouTube they post Wikipedia articles to video descriptions of 'controversial' content in order to 'inform' the viewer of the 'correct' mainstream narrative.

• Winner
  • Jaw Dropping Post
Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)