What Kind of Music Does Cheese Like? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We know plants respond to different types of music. So why would not cheese? I have to admit that I'd not thought about this before, but it is intriguing.

Then my brain exploded with ideas. What about wine and bread? Could you order designer wine and cheese that was raised with favorite music? Could bread machines be fitted with microphones? Would you like it better? You could order a meal for a special person based on their favorite music. There are many empty or near empty office and retail spaces. Could you have specialty tasting venues like the Mozart or Rolling Stones rooms? Hey, there could be a cottage industry in the making.

Last September, Swiss cheesemaker Beat Wampfler and a team of researchers from the Bern University of Arts placed nine 22-pound wheels of Emmental cheese in individual wooden crates in Wampfler’s cheese cellar. Then, for the next six months each cheese was exposed to an endless, 24-hour loop of one song using a mini-transducer, which directed the sound waves directly into the cheese wheels.
The “classical” cheese mellowed to the sounds of Mozart’s The Magic Flute. The “rock” cheese listened to Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven.” An ambient cheese listened to Yello’s “Monolith,” the hip-hop cheese was exposed to A Tribe Called Quest’s “Jazz (We’ve Got)” and the techno fromage raved to Vril’s “UV.” A control cheese aged in silence, while three other wheels were exposed to simple high, medium and low frequency tones.
According to a press release, the cheese was then examined by food technologists from the ZHAW Food Perception Research Group, which concluded that the cheese exposed to music had a milder flavor compared to the non-musical cheese. They also found that the hip-hop cheese had a stronger aroma and stronger flavor than other samples.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Oh No! Hip Hop is NOT my favourite drive time singalong, but I love strong cheese. Especially Emmantal. Go the Cheesemakers!

• Love this post!
Reactions: Linda

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Cheesy music?...

• Love this post!
Reactions: Linda

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
LedZep is good old Hard Rock but not Metal. The should have tried Metal.

Two results possible. Only one seems edible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)