What is "enlightenment"? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I was just thinking about this. What is enlightenment? Does it mean a person is open to the concept of aliens existing in our frequency and other frequencies? Does it mean a person might see ancient "gods" as non-humans who got drunk with power? Does an "enlightened" person have to be able to float around in this frequency? Does it mean a person realizes that if we all get along in peace things will go better and we will advance faster?

What does "ascension" mean? Does it mean the ascended and unascended can't even see each other anymore? Or does it mean we coexist in the same plane but simply don't hang out with each other due to differences in interests and goals? Some entities speak of 2 earths. Does this mean one earth ascends to another frequency and one does not? Or does it just mean the ascended exist on the same frequency as all the rest of the people but different communities?

What ideas do people have about enlightenment and ascension?

• Winner
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I was just thinking about this. What is enlightenment? Does it mean a person is open to the concept of aliens existing in our frequency and other frequencies? Does it mean a person might see ancient "gods" as non-humans who got drunk with power? Does an "enlightened" person have to be able to float around in this frequency? Does it mean a person realizes that if we all get along in peace things will go better and we will advance faster?

What does "ascension" mean? Does it mean the ascended and unascended can't even see each other anymore? Or does it mean we coexist in the same plane but simply don't hang out with each other due to differences in interests and goals? Some entities speak of 2 earths. Does this mean one earth ascends to another frequency and one does not? Or does it just mean the ascended exist on the same frequency as all the rest of the people but different communities?

What ideas do people have about enlightenment and ascension?
These are two very different questions, each should belong to a different thread. I think we had a thread about the shift/ascension/event thing and the current Event thread was also a discussion basis (although I do not see it anymore there).

Most of all for me the first and important distinction is:

Enlightenment: INDIVIDUAL vs. Ascension: COLLECTIVE (GROUP). (If the ascended are also 'enlightened' then or had to become enlightened before in order to ascend is up to debate).

I know some might disagree, but I do not believe in the Ascencion idea as a kind of Doomsday/Rapture event as we know it from Christianity. I do not believe in a second physical Earth. I described the 'ascended' Earth before as an 'astral realm' (in 5D). I do not believe we go there without dying in our earthly physical bodies first.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Maybe an enlightened person is one who starts to consider and ask questions like the ones you pose above, therium about enlightenment, awareness, why are we here?, what is my/our purpose in life? what/who is 'bigger' than me?, etc?
Someone who realizes that there is something bigger than oneself out there? ie some form of collective consciousness/spirit/higher selves/whatever we call it.
Someone who realizes that the things we don't see, hear, feel, taste etc are actually pretty darned important?
Someone who hears explanations and starts to really question if they 'feel right'?

I believe that would make most younguns more enlightened than many of their elders; also many really elderly persons... so perhaps it's a recall/recollection of things we'd forgotten in the hustle and bustle of life? That would explain why enlightenment is so often described occurring after tough periods in one's life; illness, loss of a loved one, loss of anything considered really valuable.

Enlightenment: INDIVIDUAL vs. Ascension: COLLECTIVE (GROUP).
Love that distinction.

Last edited:
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Maybe an enlightened person is one who starts to consider and ask questions like the ones you pose above, therium about enlightenment, awareness, why are we here?, what is my/our purpose in life? what/who is 'bigger' than me?, etc?
Someone who realizes that there is something bigger than oneself out there? ie some form of collective consciousness/spirit/higher selves/whatever we call it.
Someone who realizes that the things we don't see, hear, feel, taste etc are actually pretty darned important?
Someone who hears explanations and starts to really question if they 'feel right'?

I believe that would make most younguns more enlightened than many of their elders; also many really elderly persons... so perhaps it's a recall/recollection of things we'd forgotten in the hustle and bustle of life? That would explain why enlightenment is so often described occurring after tough periods in one's life; illness, loss of a loved one, loss of anything considered really valuable.

Love that distinction.
I would see those questions you posed, Lila, as belonging to those people who would fit the term "Seeker". They are aware of the state now called enlightenment, but they have not experienced it. The truth that there is a greater awareness outside of what the physical senses can provide is just the beginning of waking up. It is consciousness starting to spread its wings and start a journey of perpetual seeking. During this journey is a phase called "the dark night of the soul" in which ego identification drops away. Usually, that occurs after some sort of drama or calamity which can push you over the brink, so to speak. You lose that sense of the individuated "I", and you drop out of that paradigm of "win/lose". The concept of that can only exist in a state of consciousness which is separation. After that, there is blissful non-attachment which is a pure state of existing.

Many people report that they have experienced a high state of bliss, when they have allowed their consciousness to expand, such as in becoming merged with cosmic awareness, becoming the stars and planets, for example. This for most is a temporary experience, but in the case of an enlightened person, it becomes a permanent, stable level of existence.

I have only had a brief taste of this bliss existence, which happened when I was 25 years old, and lasted approximately 6 months. It happened during a lone meditation, but the state of bliss was positive and felt permanent. It dropped away, because my consciousness is still very divided (i.e. attachment to polarity, strongly perceived ego/Id, etc) and I still experience severe emotional imbalance. At one point, I realised my emotional swings left me in the situation of being a twig on an unpredictable sea, the plaything of karma, whims of energy blowing in every which-way direction. Call it what you will.

Osho has said that if you lift your hand and spread your five fingers, expanded awareness would be to be conscious of the space between the fingers, not just the physical fingers. In other words, it is not just identification in the material world.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
In terms of ascension, from what I have read or heard, it is a process of absorbing and embodying photonic Light, which becomes more available on the planet via various cosmic means (coming up through the core of Gaia since all levels of existence are fractal and are podded inside one another like a set of Russian Dolls). Or else, it is received as a type of CME (pulse or wave of Light distributed from the Sun). It is confusing because there is so much written about this, which is contradictory, but I understand that the Galactic Central Sun (Alcyone in the Pleiades) fractally distributes to the Suns of the solar systems, and then that fractally distributes to the revolving planets.

There is a lot of info pointing to a solar cough, blip, burp, or flash. Perhaps that is the way we will experience it, and is what has been called the Event.

From a young age I have also been aware of spirals (in fact I had an argument with my 12-year old twin brother about this, as he staunchly believes in linear progression). If there is a bifurcation of energy systems with a destination point in parallel worlds, then one part of the spiral is ascending (spirally upward) and the other part is descending (spiralling downward). If the upward and downward of all this is a frequency destination, then that is easy to understand.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
We're all moving along a continuum, but to restrict that to linearity is limiting to the kind of understanding that leads to a full appreciation of what "ascension" is. Interesting, Hailstones Melt, about embodying light. This of course happens as a function of our personal journeys of integration and healing, and the extent to which we allow ourselves to break open. Light is both held and expelled as the "I" becomes less of a thing and more of a process, an event, a point of view.

My teacher always said, "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water." Just be and let the awareness grow, and keep doing so that it may grow beyond you. That's one way of looking at it. But I really don't think these are two separate questions. It's not possible to have one without the other in any meaningful way, nor is it possible to extract a single person from the continuum of human beingness without a holographic understanding, from the individuated point of view. One person's enlightenment can be understood holographically as a multiplex ascensionary experience, no? When I am able to experience more light within/without/through/whatever, I move beyond what I was. This is why I think the term "ascension" is misleading (and why I avoid it, personally), because it implies "up". There is no "up". There is only "out" from a central point. "Up" is relative to point of view. Expansion, however, implies transformation, and that can really only be understood by experiencing it. Thus, enlightenment can be understood as the personal process of holographic ascension.

Hailstones Melt, can that upward/downward spiral be also simultaneously in/out?

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
We're all moving along a continuum, but to restrict that to linearity is limiting to the kind of understanding that leads to a full appreciation of what "ascension" is. Interesting, Hailstones Melt, about embodying light. This of course happens as a function of our personal journeys of integration and healing, and the extent to which we allow ourselves to break open. Light is both held and expelled as the "I" becomes less of a thing and more of a process, an event, a point of view.

My teacher always said, "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water." Just be and let the awareness grow, and keep doing so that it may grow beyond you. That's one way of looking at it. But I really don't think these are two separate questions. It's not possible to have one without the other in any meaningful way, nor is it possible to extract a single person from the continuum of human beingness without a holographic understanding, from the individuated point of view. One person's enlightenment can be understood holographically as a multiplex ascensionary experience, no? When I am able to experience more light within/without/through/whatever, I move beyond what I was. This is why I think the term "ascension" is misleading (and why I avoid it, personally), because it implies "up". There is no "up". There is only "out" from a central point. "Up" is relative to point of view. Expansion, however, implies transformation, and that can really only be understood by experiencing it. Thus, enlightenment can be understood as the personal process of holographic ascension.

Hailstones Melt, can that upward/downward spiral be also simultaneously in/out?

You've given me something to ponder on, there, Maryann. I love the gif!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yup, Linda's favorite shape, the torus; a pair or multitude of spirals going in/out, up/down, out/in says it all in geometric form.
Add colors from our familiar spectrum and you have something even more beautiful.
I wonder what happens when we add the colors and emissions from beyond our spectrum; something transcendant perhaps?
And you can keep adding layers; smells, feelings, knowings... on and on... layers within layers, spirals spiraling into each other, intersecting tori and other shapes.
I love this stuff! And yes, I am happily enjoying wonderful conversation, interactions and atmosphere:-D which makes all the difference.

• Love this post!
  • Intriguing Post
Reactions: Alain and Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yup, Linda's favorite shape, the torus; a pair or multitude of spirals going in/out, up/down, out/in says it all in geometric form.
Add colors from our familiar spectrum and you have something even more beautiful.
I wonder what happens when we add the colors and emissions from beyond our spectrum; something transcendant perhaps?
And you can keep adding layers; smells, feelings, knowings... on and on... layers within layers, spirals spiraling into each other, intersecting tori and other shapes.
I love this stuff! And yes, I am happily enjoying wonderful conversation, interactions and atmosphere:-D which makes all the difference.
I wish I had that gif back then to explain it to my brother. But his life took him on the path of joining the Salvos, so I think I'll leave it for now.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Sorry, what are 'the Salvos'?

Reactions: Snowmelt

attilio

Just Arrived
Sep 7, 2019
Whilst taking ayahuasca in the Amazon jungle a few years ago, I saw and felt what I would interpret as 'enlightenment'. I was made to completely surrender and had no mind. I was fully connected to the universe, spirit, heaven, whatever you want to call it. And it was pure love. I lay there watching it with my awareness for 5-6 hours, in pure bliss, no thinking, no mind, just awareness and love. It was the most amazing experience of my life.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Whilst taking ayahuasca in the Amazon jungle a few years ago, I saw and felt what I would interpret as 'enlightenment'. I was made to completely surrender and had no mind. I was fully connected to the universe, spirit, heaven, whatever you want to call it. And it was pure love. I lay there watching it with my awareness for 5-6 hours, in pure bliss, no thinking, no mind, just awareness and love. It was the most amazing experience of my life.
Wow! I know that you can't interact with it as an ego. You simply have to dissolve yourself enough to be it. Sounds like that happened for you with the ayahuasca; I wonder how easy it would be to achieve that state without help?

• Insightful Post
OP
therium

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I was fully connected to the universe, spirit, heaven, whatever you want to call it. And it was pure love. I lay there watching it with my awareness for 5-6 hours, in pure bliss, no thinking, no mind, just awareness and love. It was the most amazing experience of my life.
That's what my NDE was about too. It was mind blowing. I probably have a reply somewhere about it here but I don't know where.

• Divine
Reactions: Alain and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I had it sitting under a Norfolk Pine. Now when I pass by that park, it looks like an ordinary park. An ordinary park, with an extraordinary memory for me.

• Divine

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
I know the feeling of bliss for longer and longer times.

If i apply over the years i learned recently it will be far more. So i see a distant light to go to or fly to.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
For me enlightenment is becoming aware of our world and the mechanisms (good and bad) that run it. Ascention is the ability to gain control (manifest) a new future until the time comes that we (I) no longer need to incarnate. ie: graduation from Earth school. This is a little simplistic (like me) but I think you get my drift...

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
For me enlightenment is becoming aware of our world and the mechanisms (good and bad) that run it. Ascention is the ability to gain control (manifest) a new future until the time comes that we (I) no longer need to incarnate. ie: graduation from Earth school. This is a little simplistic (like me) but I think you get my drift...
LOL.....I love you Puck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)