What image represents your home? (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I was wondering what to call this thread. Many ideas came to mind. I was thinking to my self, what am I really asking here? We all live somewhere right now and that place is our home. We may not have lived there for long, or we may have lived there our entire lives. We may be moving tomorrow, or next week. But right now, we are living in our home, even if it's temporary.

Have you got a photo you took, or know of a photo or image of some kind that holds the energy of where you live? It doesn't have to be a picture of your house — I mean something creative that comes to mind which portrays your space in connection to your home. It may be a spot in a room. It could be a stone outside in the garden. Perhaps it's the view from out the back?

Maybe your home is inside you and your physical space around is not so important. What image could represent that for you?

Here is a shot of the South Island of New Zealand from the International Space Station based on a time lapse. I am right at the top, which is the eastern end of this image just above the center of the land mass. The image on the right bottom corner is a bit distorted from the glass window of the ISS, but it was the best moment to capture the screen shot to get such good detail.

I think this captures something important for me, as I have moved around a lot over the years, so the meaning of home here on Earth kind of ended up being a country, rather than an exact place.

10978624_10155162087050057_5239500943199979989_n.jpg

But when I really feel inside, I have never felt like I came from , or belonged, on Earth. I have never felt like I have come from another planet, in a far off galaxy, such as a star seed type situation either, even though I know have have been involved with some of their work in the frequency plane of our Universe.

So what images represent that other part of me that I feel is home beyond the physical?

This image below really resonates and feels like 'home' to me. I feel like a part of me is involved with creation. (Image source unknown)

10320341_10154261663695057_4629457152010759310_n.jpg

But then this image below also feels important to me for some reason. This is by the artist 'noisecraft', who has given me permission to use his work on www.transients.info whenever I want.

gobinde_mukande_by_noisecraft-d5egh56.jpg

Well, I will leave it there and I look forward to seeing the images and photos that you consider as 'home'. :rolleyes:

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
image.jpeg

Laron has created the potential for lush and heartfelt replies to answer the question of what feels like home. Our home is where we live, love, work and create.

I have over a thousand images in my iPhone so I remain uncertain whether this compilation
(screen shot) of peonies will express to you the creative freedom I feel daily. The peonies were a gift from my neighbor's garden, and I made a small promise to immortalize my good fortune when flowers enter my home. They were shot in my kitchen in a fast and furious burst of appreciation and love for the flowers' architecture.

As part of our wedding vows which we wrote many years ago, the central promise was to support each other's creativity. We have made this so in our home which is crammed with the results.

This contact sheet, hastily chosen, is one of many in this series, and this format crops each photo for the sake of uniformity. This shows action more than artfulness and skill ... and a respect for the forum, which has limited storage space.

Attachments

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Nothing quite says "home" to me like a sleeping husky...that's my big baby girl, "Autumn". She's just one of two dogs and five cats we call family! Yes, we've got a full house...

She's also my "meditation buddy"!

:)

Attachments

Last edited:

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
I never really felt like my home was my "home." I always wondered where that place would be if I have one somewhere, in a place that can be named (I feel like source is my home, but that's everyone's home, so that's a cop-out to the question at hand).

Thus, my home is the road. As I haven't settled anywhere, thus enabling me to bring my home anywhere I go. This picture fits nicely. :p

20160613_153359.jpg

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
image.jpeg

My current home is in the beautiful, lush forest state of Arkansas and it's been a wonderful place to be alone and experience the sounds and sights of nature. Now I'm ready to get back to humanity so most of you know I'm moving away from my country home and back to a city. (Mannn moving gets hard as you get older!) I know that most of you have seen my backyard view but it never gets old to me. This is what I see everyday. Each season is just as beautiful but has different colors to experience. It's been a home of growing in spirit for me.

And this symbol below feels very important to me. Does anyone know what this symbol means? I'm so drawn to it and I use it for my phone and laptop wallpaper so I can see it everyday. Somehow it makes me feel good.

image.jpeg

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Nothing quite says "home" to me like a sleeping husky...
Huskies are my favorite dog. :rolleyes:

Thus, my home is the road. As I haven't settled anywhere, thus enabling me to bring my home anywhere I go.
I loved how you explained that in the one sentence!

Does anyone know what this symbol means?
So Lilia explained the symbol in the middle, but the rest of it looks like a primary chakra energy center. Blue represents the throat chakra. But there are no chakras with 11 petals which is how many this one above has. Through saying the Om mantra, that stimulates the energy of the chakras and the vibration of the mantra can stimulate a specific chakra. For example, one mantra I have used a lot is Fa Ra On, which is very effective for conscious astral projection, and this one stimulates the throat.

Last edited:

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
Home... up until recently i didnt even feel at home in the body i inhabit on this strange planet full of humans that seemingly forgot their essence... kidding... its a great place and i love the nature, the weather phenomena, the feeling of walking barefoot on the ground, and the company and interaction with carefully selected humans for now. i started communicating more with my body, different aspects of me that relate to points i can pinpoint in the physical layers of the body and subtle bodies in the past few years and what i found out strikes me as interesting: a home can be found everywhere, where clear authentic communication and connection takes place, it is a state where intuition can flow freely and the love coming from source is anchored in the personal perspective to shine and radiate. home is something that has to do with consciousness - and that is everywhere for the one who sees it, its a choice.
some pictures come to my mind that represent what makes me feel or remember home:

nr 1: a shot of the andromeda galaxy.

IMG_20160813_093641.jpg

nr 2: my little stuffed Vayu. he is NOT a white lion, please. he is a snow leopard that lost his dots in a poker game! :D i sleep better cuddled up with him. childish? it would be foolish to deny my inner child that comfort. next to him is the fur of a rabbit, its so soft, that feels like home too.

DSCN3364.jpg
this is a view on the river i love to go swim in (more upstream though, less currents and rocks) whenever i can i go visit it. that is a physical home, its about a mile away from the flat i live in. the river is called "Aare".

and this is not a photo of mine, i dont even live near a beach, but fire and sitting with others around one, and the company, thats home to me too.

and the last one, representative:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Home... up until recently i didnt even feel at home in the body i inhabit on this strange planet full of humans that seemingly forgot their essence... kidding... its a great place and i love the nature, the weather phenomena, the feeling of walking barefoot on the ground, and the company and interaction with carefully selected humans for now. i started communicating more with my body, different aspects of me that relate to points i can pinpoint in the physical layers of the body and subtle bodies in the past few years and what i found out strikes me as interesting: a home can be found everywhere, where clear authentic communication and connection takes place, it is a state where intuition can flow freely and the love coming from source is anchored in the personal perspective to shine and radiate. home is something that has to do with consciousness - and that is everywhere for the one who sees it, its a choice.
some pictures come to my mind that represent what makes me feel or remember home:
What a beautiful outlook you have, Lilia! :) And I think you're absolutely right. I always liked that quote, "Home is where the Heart is."

It's great that you can share Vayu (great name, btw). I love his spot backstory!! :D I've always been a stuffed animal fan too, ever since I was a kid...and especially after reading "The Velveteen Rabbit". Since I believe there's Spirit in everything, why would a stuffed animal be any different? When I was growing up, we lived in an apartment in the city and couldn't have pets. My many stuffed animals were my pets and, since I was an "only child" then with no others my age nearby, they were also my only friends. There was always a lot of conflict and drama in our family so I found great comfort in being alone (and usually reading) with them.

And heck, I still appreciate them a great deal even today! My wife and I have a sizeable collection of Gund "Snuffles" bears and each one seems to have its own inherent personality. The photo below isn't of our collection, just one I pulled off the 'net (we actually have a few more than that).

:)

Attachments

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Vickie i love your back garden view!!! about the symbol, you might find this helpful to start exploring its meaning: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om
Lilia, thank you! I couldn't find that symbol on the internet so I had nowhere to start finding the meaning. Just reading the meaning from your link is sure giving me a better understanding of my attraction to it. I appreciate your information very much!

So Lilia explained the symbol in the middle, but the rest of it looks like a primary chakra energy center. Blue represents the throat chakra. But there are no chakras with 11 petals which is how many this one above has. Through saying the Om mantra, that stimulates the energy of the chakras and the vibration of the mantra can stimulate a specific chakra. For example, one mantra I have used a lot is Fa Ra On, which is very effective for conscious astral projection, and this one stimulates the throat.
Thanks, Laron. I can sure connect some issues to my throat chakra. Now I'm seeing a connection between the middle symbol and my throat chakra. I looked it up and the throat chakra has 16 petals but this symbol shows 11. I had to have my thyroid removed a while back so maybe these are the missing petals. I'm having a lot of issues with not having a thyroid. Wow! I'm kind of blown away because this symbol and the chakra information makes so much sense on a deeper level. Now I have some research to do. Thanks so much!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This is a very interesting topic.
My front door has always been important where ever I lived. I want it to say "Welcome, glad to see you". The back porch has equal importance and always has comfy seating where we can sit and talk. (Having a fan in the summer is a bonus.)
Then there is my other home, which has come forth in meditations, QHHT, and even in another's meditation. It is a cosmic ocean. Recently, the artist, Stacy Upchurch (Cosmic Gazer Art on FB) published a picture of her acrylic painting, "Green", on our FB page. I about came out of my chair - how did she know? I messaged her, but she did not reply.
My 3 pictures.

front door.jpg rockers.jpg Green - cosmic gazer art.jpg

Cedar

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Home is the forest, the desert, the river, the ocean, the beach and garden. Mostly, Home is my connection with my best friend and starry sister on the right in this photo. This photo was taken on the day we first met on 11:11:11 and she’s made me laugh and go deeper almost every day since then. Connections of love are strong with many, yet there is nothing quite like the feeling of Home when blessed to be sharing life with of another from the same starry tribe.

IMG_4598.jpg

severed.lies

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 27, 2016
Pacific NW
I have wanted to live in the Pacific Northwest all my life (this time around), and I finally came home about 5 years ago. This is the view from my back deck...where I watch the sun and moon rise. It feels like I live in a miniature forest and I never want to leave. I am 3 miles east of Possession Sound and 3 miles west of the Snohomish river. I do believe that I have been in this area before, hence the urge to return.

byard.JPG

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks, Laron, for showing an image which features Stewart Island in an important place! I am Australian, but stayed on Stewart Island in my NZ travels in the early 1980's; my opening gambit in getting there was clinging on outside the cabin on a fishing vessel, which was braving the Foveaux Strait in a storm! It was too rough for the regular ferry to visit. My fingers in their leather gloves had to be prized off to get me off the boat! Here's a poem I wrote at that time on that wind-swept isle:

The Panorama of the Skies

From here I see
The clouds and everything that flies,
Crossing in a sweeping motion
Over from the ocean
As if a race is run
Followed closely by the sun
In the panorama of the skies.

The clouds appear
To whistle past my ear,
From my bedroom window
I see the noisy wind go
Brushing all the clouds
In rushing sweeping crowds
In the panorama of the skies.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I have a natural affinity to rocks and rock formations. Rocks are a slow atom consciousness. Yes, they have conscious awareness, but with a different filter on it. Different to that of fast metabolic creatures. For my sense of home, I cannot think better than to show you Wave Rock, in Hyden, Western Australia. It's a long drive out there, and can be very hot, with bush flies abounding. But the tranquillity of the natural formation can bring you right to your centre (time it outside the hours that tourists come).

270px-Wave_rock_(2005).jpg

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
It feels like I live in a miniature forest and I never want to leave
From what I have heard, it sounds great there. I guess I learnt the most about that area thanks to the webbots Clif High!

The Panorama of the Skies
Thanks for sharing your poem! We need a space for poetry and this is a good reminder.
I have a natural affinity to rocks and rock formations.
You might be interested in this thread here that Lorna posted about tuning into fossils: https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/how-to-connect-to-and-work-with-fossils.443/

I lived in Perth for a few years back in the 90's. I havenen't heard of Wave Rock.

Home is the forest, the desert, the river, the ocean, the beach and garden. Mostly, Home is my connection with my best friend and starry sister on the right in this photo.
I loved how you worded that!

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
I had to think about this one. I came to the conclusion it has a diffrent meaning to me, than just where i am at the moment. It means to me any place bringing the feeling of helpfulness, unity, compassion and brightness. I chose this picture of mintaka star, i got from my mum as it brings a homey feeling to me looking at the stars.

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I chose this picture of mintaka star, i got from my mum as it brings a homey feeling to me looking at the stars.
I can see why you are fond of that picture. It has a loving feel to it.

Reactions: Anaeika and Anna

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
I had to think about this one. I came to the conclusion it has a diffrent meaning to me, than just where i am at the moment. It means to me any place bringing the feeling of helpfulness, unity, compassion and brightness. I chose this picture of mintaka star, i got from my mum as it brings a homey feeling to me looking at the stars.
Well, based on this criteria, I'd consider this forum is "home" too! :D

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Who's turn is next!? Feel free to share!

Have you got a photo you took, or know of a photo or image of some kind that holds the energy of where you live? It doesn't have to be a picture of your house — I mean something creative that comes to mind which portrays your space in connection to your home. It may be a spot in a room. It could be a stone outside in the garden. Perhaps it's the view from out the back?

Maybe your home is inside you and your physical space around is not so important. What image could represent that for you?

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
491CAC98-9004-45E9-977F-FF44067761B5.jpeg

Home is where the heart is. Home is spending time with others, connections, & family. Home is nature in the spring time, where creation feels, looks, & smells ripe. Home is where love resides. Home stays with us forever in our hearts no matter where we wander. It is a place to dip into to recharge before going back out.

The above picture is a painting from Alex Gray. It feels like home to me.

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
In a reading, I got a warrior entity tell me that home is in the arms of my twin flame. I agree but up to a point. Being in cell with her as slaves will not feel like home. To me, home is a particular place and we carry it in our heart as we move.

Yesterday, I was playing Doom 3 through the hell levels, and even that place felt more like home than the world I live in. Why? Because the enemies there are visible, you can deal with them. Here we can't. The chains are invisible. They are in the hearts of people, and I doubt they want to know better.

Well, I don't refer to the people on this forum. You are awake AF, as some people like to say. The world would be a better place if everybody was like you.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
View attachment 3083
Home is where the heart is. Home is spending time with others, connections, & family. Home is nature in the spring time, where creation feels, looks, & smells ripe. Home is where love resides. Home stays with us forever in our hearts no matter where we wander. It is a place to dip into to recharge before going back out.
I love the way you describe what home means to you.

Yesterday, I was playing Doom 3 through the hell levels
I remember playing Doom as a teenager. I preferred Quake I think.
In a reading, I got a warrior entity tell me that home is in the arms of my twin flame. I agree but up to a point. Being in cell with her as slaves will not feel like home. To me, home is a particular place and we carry it in our heart as we move.
I think that what we feel as home changes depending on where we are at internally, within our state of mind and consciousness in every moment. Having different places we call home is all part of the spiritual experience. Variety is very good.

If I revisited this thread in a years time, I wonder what I would say was home (without reading what I originally said, as that may sway my answer!)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I have a home now in the traditional sense... but have been pondering this for a while as that is not what home means to me so much as a place + time + people/animals/plants etc that hold meaning for me. That can be literally anywhere. It can be a moment that clicks. It can be an idea that I am building on. It can definitely be one of those times when everybody in the room feels at ease with the company, the story being told, the beauty of an evening...
Yeah, still working on what home means to me. It can mean so many things but I think the key for me is the feeling of 'all is well in this moment'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)