What do you do to connect with the Christmas Spirit? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Some celebrate—and for different reasons—some don't. Some have other types of celebrations that fit into the time period of Christmas. However you spend your time, feel free to share the creative ways you connect into the spirit of the month.

I know people love to wear Christmas socks, or get a onesie outfit such as one I wore a couple of years ago in December:

16195492_10158130149680057_4670618008719491279_n.jpg

Some stick up Christmas lights around their property and house:

lazy-way-to-win-at-christmas-decorating-deflate-you-yoda-38777615.png

Sometimes some music is required to feel the cheer:

I know this is a favorite movie at Christmas of one of my family members, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:

checvy.jpg

Here's Kirk and Spock getting into the Chirstmas spirit:

So now it's your turn to share what you get up to! o:)s

Attachments

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
A young single mum (maybe she's only about 18, and the baby is about 8 months) just moved in to the house next door (and we share a very close boundary). So I found this toy at my op shop, and this is what I will give her and her baby for Christmas.

Babys_toy_1.JPG
Babys_toy_2.JPG

And my brother sent me a Christmas present of Bunting (fabric triangles sewn by a community collective in the Congo, Africa and sold in Australia for charity). So my little yard is a bright, sunny place of bunting and at night, the party lights add extra colour.

Bunting and dog.JPG
Bunting and plants.JPG
Bunting and sunshine.JPG
Bunting_back yard.JPGUnder Xmas lights.JPG

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
One thing I love to do is decorate. The more creative the better. This does mean that there are some 'fails' in the decorating department (things that fall apart or don't last, for example) but it also makes it fresh each year.
I especially love to decorate with my girls or with friends.

Also, I watch and rewatch The Grinch (my fave is the original animated version which I was shocked to discover was only a half hour in length; it always seems so much longer!) and A Christmas Carol with the indomitable Scrooge (the original version with Alistair Sim). I just love to watch the great charicatures of the grumpiest misanthropic grumps and then the transformations when things don't go the way they expected and their hearts 'grow two sizes that day'<3

Gift giving is also a joy for me as long as it doesn't involve malls, crowds nor any sense of obligation. A sense of obligation about this kind of thing just kills the joy. I tend to shop for Christmas gifts during most of the year and the try to remember where I put them all, lol:eek: (I've gotten smarter and now have a place to stash them). Again, the joy for me is in the joy another shares with the giving/getting.

This year was the first year in ages that I've given anybody a card. It was for a barber who was as kind and caring as could be with my father when he was in his last months. His gift to me was that beautiful smile of his that I got in exchange. Worth every bit of planning, choosing and extra driving, that smile. Plus, when I shared the story with my brother he loved it too. Knowing him, he probably got teary a few moments later, lol.

Oh, and I never miss the opportunity to bring tree boughs into the house. Love that smell!

Music and sharing time together with loved ones also top my list. These are kind of woven into the others.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Again this year I made my own Christmas cards

A young single mum (maybe she's only about 18,
Both are so bright and colorful! I like unique teddy toy animal things!

Oh, and I never miss the opportunity to bring tree boughs into the house. Love that smell!
I love the smell too. It's been a bunch of years since I had a real tree inside.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
And my brother sent me a Christmas present of Bunting (fabric triangles sewn by a community collective in the Congo, Africa and sold in Australia for charity). So my little yard is a bright, sunny place of bunting and at night, the party lights add extra colour.

Hey I Love those. They're very colorful and bright. Instead of hanging them like banners sew them together into large squares similar to a quilt. They'll look great on a wall. Or bed cover etc.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
A young single mum (maybe she's only about 18, and the baby is about 8 months) just moved in to the house next door (and we share a very close boundary). So I found this toy at my op shop, and this is what I will give her and her baby for Christmas.

View attachment 6063
View attachment 6065

View attachment 6066
View attachment 6067
View attachment 6068
View attachment 6069View attachment 6070

Your yard is so lovely. I’d love to spend time there. :)

Reactions: Lila and June

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here is a Grinch gingerbread house and train that my kids & I worked on together. View attachment 6105View attachment 6106
Wow! How good are you? This is the kind of thing that kids look back on and remember years later, and lets them know they really were and are loved. The fact that you went to some trouble for them, spent good creative time with them, gave them something with a tangible taste sensation. It's the glue that keeps families together. Love comes in many guises.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
This year I'll enjoy just having a bit of time for myself and to spend with my family!

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Who's next??
What do I do?

I check in with those I consider family, including all of you on here.

But I still keep to something more traditional with a family breakfast and a big lunch with cooked food made especially for Christmas day.

I just went hunting in the garden outside as a family member left some gifts for another family that couldn't be wrapped!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
What do I do?

I check in with those I consider family, including all of you on here.

But I still keep to something more traditional with a family breakfast and a big lunch with cooked food made especially for Christmas day.

I just went hunting in the garden outside as a family member left some gifts for another family that couldn't be wrapped!
Connection is the soul of Christmas.

• I agree
Reactions: Alain and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)