Stone ID Challenge (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
IMG_7712.JPG IMG_7716.JPG

Here is a challenge! My mother-in-law handed down to me a multi-stone bracelet. Could I get some help identifying each stone please? I know the black one with grey specks is snowflake obsidian.

Also, what are the properties of a bracelet like this?

The white and red one is perhaps quartz and something else?

Also, can post more pictures if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KarlaSM

I am not so good identifying stones but the orange ones look like carnelian, and the green ones jade, except one that might be green fluorite (top left) I know I have some similar ones but already forgot the classification lol.

What I can tell you is that the properties of all stones and crystals is just the same, but it depends on how you want to use them. If you think about everything being energy and that energy flows in different frequencies, then each stone and crystal depending on the molecular structure and color they work with specific frequencies.

Black - all visible and invisible frequencies (so I always use a black obsidian point for all healing work, because it works perfect with Cosmic rays, Gamma rays, etc...and visible frequencies)
White - all visible frequencies and some invisible
Specific colors - either working with energies of that particular color or its opposite frequency and if color is not a primary then it works with the primary or secondary colors that make up the specific color of the crystal/stone

People give stones and crystals labels, like amulets but the essence is just energy (energy divided into spectrum of frequencies).

The dynamics of energy healing is always the same in all cases:

integration (your own soul energies)

removal (energies that do not belong to your soul)

healing (shift in your own frequencies to bring balance and health)

If you wear a bracelet or stones/crystals in other forms, they amplify and facilitate energetic flows based on the above dynamic.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
One of the green ones has red splotches, so I believe that is bloodstone.

Reactions: Stargazer

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
What I can see so far is:

Moss Agate
Yellow calcite
Quartz
Unakite
Carnelian
A few different jaspers
The deep blue could be sodalite or lapis. Hard to tell from the angle

I would suggest getting the crystal bible series or the book of stones. They will help you identify. Plus the crystal bible has the metaphysical properties of the different ones and what ways to use them.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I wonder if you also have a mahogany obsidian? (btn 2 green stones)
...and a blue dumoterite? (middle of right side)

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
IMG_7780.JPG Lila,
Just looked up mahogany obsidian. It does look like it.

I found this information on it from
http://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/mahogany-obsidian/ :

Mahogany Obsidian is often used to remove energy blockages, including psychic cords, that sap one's inner strength. It is also used for protection from psychic attacks by those who wish to harm one or those who might inadvertently do so. It is said to strengthen the aura, further protecting the person.

As a root chakra stone, Mahogany Obsidian is excellent for stabilizing and grounding for lightwork or simply for improvement of life in general.

Mental and Emotional Properties

In the vein of grounding and stabilizing, Mahogany Obsidian is also used to decrease feelings of unworthiness or mental / emotional limitations. It is particularly used to assist in healing humiliation and abuse that has formed patterns at any mind - body - spirit level by removing memory paths that hold those memories to the present. It can also assist with ease of critical thinking, particularly in emotional areas, so that emotional thinking becomes stabilized and more rational. In these ways Mahogany Obsidian is said to help reach one's full potential in all areas.

Mahogany Obsidian is used in dream work. It is also used to create a mind open to a full of a state of abundance rather than scarcity, which can open one to opportunities for abundance and assist in bringing prosperity.

Physical Conditions Properties

In crystal healing and traditional folk healing Mahogany Obsidian is used to detoxify organs and tissues, increase liver and kidney function, relieve pain and improve circulation.

Please note that healing crystal meanings are presented as spiritual supports to healing and are not prescriptions or healthcare information.

mamh

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Oooh, I'm going to find my big piece of mahogany obsidian. That is was a gift makes it even more precious:-D

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The mahogany obsidian looks such an exquisite gem, very earthy and grounding. The obsidian in it shows it also has leftover fire energy in it, as that was once volcanic.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
IMG_7830.JPG

Dumortierite is a stone that teaches you to stand up for yourself. It will help you to take control of your own life and increase your level of patience.

This crystal is very stimulating to the brain and brings enhanced intellectual abilities as it assists with all mental skills, both mathematical and language based.

It is highly stimulating to the pineal gland located behind the third eye in the forehead. If you have the potential to develop psychic powers, it is a powerful stone to amplify many psychic gifts.

These stones will aid you if you work in psychic employment, including if you work in the astrology field, or are a tarot reader. Your accuracy, in your interpretation of the information that you receive from the Divine mind, is aided by this stone.

This information is from http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/dumortierite.html

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Anaeika, so when you put all of them together, what is the message? I got an idea of it being like Morse Code.

OP
Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I think the brown ones are polished metamorphic rock, which have gone through a lot of pressure. It represents strength and transformation. Also, happens to be my husband's favorite type of rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)