Stephen Hawking is hunting for aliens (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
Famous Cambridge physicist Stephen Hawking is leading a team of scientists investigating a possible 'alien megastructure' orbiting a distant star.

Prof Hawking is spearheading an £81million project to find out whether aliens are responsible for the mysterious behaviour of a star called KIC8462852, or Tabby’s Star.

Tabby’s Star can be seen dimming in regular cycles which some analysts say is a sign of a Dyson Sphere – a hypothetical structure which could be used by an alien race to harness energy.

Jason Wright of Penn State University said the signals looked like something "an alien civilisation could build".

He said: "I can’t figure this thing out and that’s why it’s so interesting, so cool – it just doesn’t seem to make sense."

Full article:
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/stephen-hawking-leads-investigation-alien-12086124

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I remember reading about this a while back. It's very intriguing but NASA will never tell us the real truth. I doubt Hawkings will be allowed to tell us anything about it either if he finds out what it is.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Can you imagine how advanced their technology is to do something like that at such a massive scale?! Amazing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)