Protester Shares Her Arrest & Incarceration Story – Camp Freedom, Parliament, New Zealand (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
If you're not aware, there's a freedom protest going on outside the Parliament building in Wellington, New Zealand. For ten days now people have been gathering and there's now a camp officially setup.

The camp has their own security, a first aid tent, food stalls, as well as many people with tents who stay overnight. More people are coming from around the country in support of this, as they want the restrictions and mandates to stop.

Two days ago, hundreds of police tried to remove the protesters from the lawn. They were very violent towards them. Over a 100 were arrested, but the people did not leave. The police gave up in the end and pulled back after hours of pushing up against the front line, which is in reference to people standing strong, with arms locked together at the time.

I am covering the situation and updated it daily with new info in this thread on the forum here, Freedom Protest Outside Wellington Parliament – Police Brutality & Violence, where you can find videos and information about the police brutality and also the mission statement of the protesters.

I came across this post below from Facebook. It's very helpful insight into who was arrested two days ago, and the situation surrounding that.

“I was arrested yesterday for reserving my right to peaceful protest at parliament.​
I was not issued a trespass notice, verbally or otherwise.​
I was not read my rights.​
I did not witness any violence on the part of the protestors.​
I did witness violence from police. I’m struggling to forget some of the violent imagery and the tears in the eyes of men, women and children. This is not the way to respond to a peaceful protest.​
I spent the day in a cell with 18 beautiful wahine {a Maori or Polynesian (especially Hawaiian) woman.}. It was chaotic in there and process was not followed in many instances by police. We sang songs and told our stories to keep up morale.​
My cell mates were: a naturopath and mother who suffered a hit to the head. A paramedic (who said she was seeing 3-4 serious xaV injuries per week, mostly heart attack & stroke, mostly in the young). A teacher of many years. A couple of peace loving young girls (one of them the naked girl brutally arrested in the video below). She was sitting down peacefully when arrested. A caregiver for the disabled, arrested whilst meditating. A cafe worker, neck injury. The list goes on. All of us had bruising. They even arrested a person in a wheelchair.​
In the men an elderly gentleman + poet. Another elderly gentlemen: kind and caring with a big black eye. Another man with a cracked rib. A friend’s gentle and kind husband who’d just turned up after dropping the kids to school. Another with a grazed face. A young teen with a hurt shoulder crying.​
The protesters are mothers, fathers, nurses, doctors, paramedics, teachers, midwives, firefighters, farmers, truckers etc. … from every walk of life.​
Sadly and predictably the mainstream media are manipulating, lying and taking video footage out of context.​
There are a few dickheads in any group. On the side of the protestors and on the side of the public. For example I was abused with a car full of kids for flying a flag that read FREEDOM, TRUTH, NO CENSORSHIP. This kind of behaviour is never cool, regardless on which side.​
Sadly the media are focusing and only reporting on these fringe elements in the protestor group rather than on the vast majority of peace-loving, freedom-loving, salt-of-the-earth kiwis, doing their utmost to keep this peaceful, despite police brutality. Another video from an arrest on day 2 was taken out of context with clever editing. It’s quite sickening to witness the real thing and then see the media representation.​
That goes for the Freedom convoy too. The sheer size and joy of the convoy and the supporters along the roads all through NZ was completely ignored by MSM. It was massive, and positive, and respectful. A community of people coming together in a common cause and the feeling of unity and family and love was incredible. That vibe is still alive at parliament today. I know I could go up to any person there and they would help me out as if I was family: food, water, sunscreen, medical supplies, shelter, loo paper, a phone, a charger. It’s incredible and heart-warming to experience.​
For the past two years the government has done their utmost to minimize, marginalize, and delegitimize the freedom movement. Their strategy is conquer and divide. By making people hate those of us fighting for all of our FREEDOMS TO CHOOSE. Jacinda has 4 spin doctors that work for her for good reason.​
So, while I hate posting on FB, especially about me being arrested, it’s important for people to wake up and realize they are being manipulated and lied to at every turn. Not just about this protest but for the past 2 years.​
Cheers people, and please don’t abuse me for posting this. I’ve had enough of that to last me a good wee while.”​
As I posted this, a Maori gentleman plants ferns in the ground outside Parliament claiming an allodial title.

Image22.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)