Oil Pulling (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
As elements of the control system lift, the more frequent healthier solutions become common place. As part of my dental hygiene, I’ve started oil pulling. I’m using this product in the photo I took below—organic coconut oil. Each morning I place a teaspoon of this inside my mouth, and swish it around now and again, keeping it there for about twenty minutes.

So, what is oil pulling? A meta-analysis published in the Journal Traditional Complementary Medicine states as follows, “Oil pulling is a traditional folk remedy practiced in ancient India. It is believed to cure more than thirty systemic diseases when practiced regularly and as directed. Due to occurrence of side effects of modern medicines and oral hygiene products, people are increasingly attracted towards complementary and traditional practices. Oil pulling in addition to offering several oral health benefits also has beneficial effects on overall health.”

This technique is also used for those who have been told by their dentists that they need a root canal. It can actually help heal the tooth in question, so that the procedure is not required.

For more information, see this recent article over on Collective Evolution, https://www.collective-evolution.com/2018/10/07/oil-pulling-for-oral-health-what-the-research-is-telling-us/, which I included in edition 59 of Unraveled, the weekly article I put out here on transients with a whole lot of links from around the web. (I just put together edition 62 on the weekend, which is right here: https://www.transients.info/2018/11/unraveled-edition-62/)

And for anyone looking for a book on the topic of dental care from a healthier (Biological/holistic) perspective, a great one is Uninformed Consent : The Hidden Dangers in Dental Care, by Hal A. Huggins and Thomas E. Levy.

for fb.jpg

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I have heard of this.
Haven't tried it myself.
I did hear that bone broths were often recommended with it, I believe to restore nutrients. Though I would suppose that would vary with what your goals were (e.g. saving a tooth from having a crown, and addressing chronic diseases may have different recommendations associated with them).

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Is there anyone on here who oils pulls and have seen personal results?

I do oil pulling too and use a toothpaste without flouride. I also use an essential oil mouth rinse.

Reactions: Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
s there anyone on here who oils pulls and have seen personal results?

I do oil pulling too and use a toothpaste without flouride. I also use an essential oil mouth rinse.
I do the same as you. I managed to get someone to try oil pulling when they had painful gums, and they got relief. The dental hygienist noticed that I have little plaque and asked what I did. She was very interested.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I just use an essential oil toothpaste. Haven't used a fluoride one in years. I've also declined fluoride treatment at the dentist's for a while now.
Perhaps I'll try some oil pulling, though 20 minutes seems a long time to swish something in my mouth!

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
20 minutes is long, so it is a routine for me while getting dressed & showering. I’m messy so shower makes sense & I don’t have to talk to anyone there.

Reactions: Laron and Lila
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Is there anyone on here who oils pulls and have seen personal results?
I'm still pulling.

20 minutes is long, so it is a routine for me while getting dressed & showering. I’m messy so shower makes sense & I don’t have to talk to anyone there.
I find it hard to talk. It's not just about the teaspoon of oil, but your mouth slowly fills with saliva which becomes a helpful indicator as to how long you have been doing it.

So, I'm in this for the long term, meaning I am going to revisit some aspects about my oral health at least a month after I started. I am noticing my teeth are getting whiter as I can compare the color with the color of my two crowns at the front, which makes it easier to tell the difference. I've been doing it for about three weeks?

I was told by a dentist in Mexico that I needed a root canal. I decided not to get one and that is one of the reasons I'm giving this a go. I have all my wisdom teeth still in. They have finished growing. I'm also seeing if the pulling makes a difference for their impact on my existing teeth.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Laron , do you mind doing an experiment for us to share please? I am thinking before and after pictures, as well as an eventual follow up by a dentist to see if you still need a root canal.

And yes, it does get difficult to talk as it can get thick w saliva. It’s messy. Another thing is that you do not want to swallow this. Why put the gunk back into your body!? :) I know this can be tempting to just swallow it for convenience.

Another personal tip I have to share is to add 1 drop of clove essential oil to the coconut oil, as it kills bacteria.

Try flossing afterwards for even better results. :)

Reactions: Lila

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
I asked my wife about it the other day, just to confirm. She agreed that it did give her whiter teeth and also thought she might have relieved some minor gum irritation. That's the good news. She also reminded me that it plugged the pipes from spitting it down the sink. I had forgotten about that...

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
She also reminded me that it plugged the pipes from spitting it down the sink. I had forgotten about that...
Oh yes - rule #1!

Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Laron , do you mind doing an experiment for us to share please? I am thinking before and after pictures, as well as an eventual follow up by a dentist to see if you still need a root canal.

And yes, it does get difficult to talk as it can get thick w saliva. It’s messy. Another thing is that you do not want to swallow this. Why put the gunk back into your body!? :) I know this can be tempting to just swallow it for convenience.

Another personal tip I have to share is to add 1 drop of clove essential oil to the coconut oil, as it kills bacteria.

Try flossing afterwards for even better results. :)
I did take photos of my teeth before I began, but capturing the discoloration is difficult without proper light and a better camera (I used my phone) so hopefully the differences are observable in a few months.

As for the dentist, I would only go if there was an issue otherwise it would be a huge cost.

I was looking at my oils yesterday and thought I should try fennel in a glass of water each day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)