Empty Your Hurt And Open Your Heart (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
Don Hicks submitted a new article.

Empty Your Hurt And Open Your Heart
As most of us learned during early science or physics classes, everything in our universe is composed of energy. Everything we perceive as “solid” and “matter” is simply “stored energy”. Isn’t this amazing when you stop and contemplate it? It means that the chair we sit on, or the floor we’re standing on, and even the entire planet we live on – things that feel so solid and tangible -- are nothing more than energy!

What’s equally interesting is the space between matter also contains energy. The air all around you contains oxygen, sound waves, radio waves, cell phone signals, television signals, allergens and a wide range of particles.

Our human bodies are a microcosm and replication of this same phenomenon. Our bodies are made up of a mixture of “matter” and “space”. They...
Click here to continue on to the original article. You will be able to comment using a Disqus account (www.disqus.com) if you are logged in with Disqus.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
I might add a simple thought to this article. From time to time we all get hurt. No one is exempt... certainly myself included. Even when we do our best to avoid living as the Ego and conscientiously try to show others love and respect, we sometimes get hurt. There are loses in life that fracture our heart and contrasts that can bring us to our knees.

What's important to recognize is that "hurt people hurt people". So when someone is mean or cruel or lashes out at you, recognize that it may have nothing to do with you. The person is often acting due to their own uncertainties, fears, and past traumas and the hurt they are carrying in their own "hurt locker". When they consciously hurt you, they are responding from their Ego, viewing whatever action or situation through the lens of their combined life experiences, filtered through their beliefs and perceptions of "who they are" and "who you are" in relation and contrast to that. There is no doubt it can sting in the moment, but it is rarely as personal as it feels.

But breathe....

So when someone harms you, before you respond plant this ear-bug:

"Let it be,
let it be,
let it be,
oh let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom
let it be".

Just pausing to breathe before responding allows us to step outside the Ego and respond from a place of love and forgiveness, from a point of light rather than darkness, from Love rather than Fear.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thank you for your eloquent expression about this subject. I am in the rinse and repeat stage, but as we move past the first quarter of this year, this process definitely seems easier to perform. The letting-go aspect, I mean. I think we are being supported universally right now in this ending/beginning time to do all that you suggest, and come through shiny.

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
Thank you for your eloquent expression about this subject. I am in the rinse and repeat stage, but as we move past the first quarter of this year, this process definitely seems easier to perform. The letting-go aspect, I mean. I think we are being supported universally right now in this ending/beginning time to do all that you suggest, and come through shiny.
Hi,

I agree with you Hailstones Melt. It seems we are being supported right now through new knowledge and ways of thinking, through receiving a wider abundance of healing energy, and through a higher occurrence of signs and guidance. I do find myself dreading the return of the next Mercury retrograde, as it always seems to encumber the process for me. But this too shall pass, and it just reinforces the value of letting go. :)

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer
K

KarlaSM

How awesome that you remind people to cry. I promote the same measure, along with basically the others you describe, precisely because of tears being like purifying crystals that take away all that pain. It is so hard for many to cry, especially because of how over eons people have been told not to cry, otherwise they are weak. I was taught through many measures not to cry, and naturally the Hurt Locker was built, and depending on how much this lock is built, it can be harder to bring all this energy back into our hearts. It can turn into physical disease...

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
How awesome that you remind people to cry. I promote the same measure, along with basically the others you describe, precisely because of tears being like purifying crystals that take away all that pain. It is so hard for many to cry, especially because of how over eons people have been told not to cry, otherwise they are weak. I was taught through many measures not to cry, and naturally the Hurt Locker was built, and depending on how much this lock is built, it can be harder to bring all this energy back into our hearts. It can turn into physical disease...
You know, KarlaSM, in November, 2 days before Thanksgiving, we lost an 18-year-old Shih Tzu. It was about as close to losing a real child as you can come without actually losing a child. That's how she felt to me, like a furry child.

For several weeks afterwards, I would go to her grave every day (with a piece of white or rose quartz for her). Sometimes, I would just talk to her, and other days, I would bawl like a baby. (I do know her spirit isn't there, but not having her around was painful).

This caused my wife (who is still spiritually asleep, and hadn't visited the grave) to become somewhat very upset with me and baffled with my behavior. She would ask: "Why do you put yourself through this?!?" I answered, quite simply: "Because I want to process the grief, I don't want to carry that pain around inside of me.". I learned a long time ago if we don't process this pain, it eventually creates a very angry person (even though these angry people don't often realize they are angry). We become distrustful and have difficulty letting others get too close (for fear of being hurt), even when it's evidenced that these people really care about us. We often sit around dwelling on what we could have said or done differently, dreaming of revenge, and sometimes even lash out at the people who weren't involved due to this internal anger in our Hurt Locker.

I am a firm believer that "hurt people, hurt people". When someone hurts me, my first response is to empathize with that person (we've all been hurt, that part is easy), and then completely and thoroughly forgive them.

To me, shedding tears, giving forgiveness, and being completely honest with whomever hurt me (and with myself) are very critical components and tools in helping us grow as people, and as spiritual beings.never be afraid to cry.jpg

OP
Don Hicks

Don Hicks

Involved Wayfarer
Mar 19, 2017
Virginia
www.facebook.com
It's always my intent that, when hurt, people process the pain (cry if it helps... it probably will), and then forgive whoever hurt them so they can thrive and fly.

And opposite to this, if you hurt someone, be sure to sincerely ask for forgiveness. If they accept, you avoid creating negative karma for either of you and have a chance at mending the relationship. If they refuse your apology... well, you've done what you can, chances are their Ego is thoroughly involved, and all you can do is say a prayer for them and move forward.

K

KarlaSM

Don, I see it can be quite a challenge to express such feelings in front of others who do not understand. Pets are most definitely our children, even the tiniest of pets can be so amazing. I remember as a child coming across a beautiful tiny black beetle and turning it into my pet for more than one month. I prepared a little home with dirt, plants, a tiny cave made of clay and a tiny vase for water. Then, I would feed it with marmalade lol, the beetle loved it. The first days the beettle would stare at me from inside the cave at the entrance, then became acquainted and would let me without problem take it out and then add fresh water to its tiny vase. Unfortunately one night, while doing this,I placed the beetle on the edge of the sink and I realized it was drowning in a stain of soap. Even though I tried to rinse the beetle with enough water, it was already too intoxicated and I cried so much that night seeing my beetle dying. Next day it was death, I felt so miserable and cried so much for the loss of my tiny friend.

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
Thank you Mr. Don, you seem to be a very compassionate and man of great feeling! It seems I am the one you speak of in the way of I guess in my words it would be "hard hearted" because of the belief that the Universe and being a Godly being that all the good is supposed to come back around at some point. I guess my expectation is keeping that from happening. I have been there and done that with compassion and unconditional love and forgivenmess and...ha I misspelled that word but it seems to fit at this point just insert "the" between the two. It just seems that more is expected of me and more despise me instead of the love and compassion coming back. I have been told the reason others depend on me is because I am a rock
and now I have become an island in separating myself from the world. I care for the animals and the earth and my husband (he thinks I am a rock also) but the rest it seems can go by the way side...well until I see and feel the need to help then there I go again!
Can you think of a word that describes me? Oh I wanted to say that I haven't cried in years as the last time I did it really hurt and made me sick. I remember when I was a kid and my Mom and Dad got to arguing I would cry until I threw up. It was a hard time because my Dad did not like fat people and my Mom and I were. Mainly because we were poor and all we had to eat was fattening things like beans and cornbread and potatoes and biscuits and gravy. It was and is hard to find the love......
Blessings with mush happiness and peace to you and yours!

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
Unfortunately one night, while doing this,I placed the beetle on the edge of the sink and I realized it was drowning in a stain of soap. Even though I tried to rinse the beetle with enough water, it was already too intoxicated and I cried so much that night seeing my beetle dying. Next day it was death, I felt so miserable and cried so much for the loss of my tiny friend.
Hi Karla, I can relate to your little pet as I did this once with a baby bird, the mother did not want the bird and pushed it out of the nest but it was still alive so I brought it in and put in some fruit and seed and water but it ended up drowning in the water I gave it with a dropper. I found out later the babies get the fluid from worms and regurgitation from the mother. I guess it is better to find out info first before becoming an overnight EMT.

Also in 1994 the family dog brought a baby squirrel in and I took over to care for it and it worked out really well, after it grew up we turned it loose outside, well it would hang around on the deck which was up in the tree tops as the house was built on the side of a bluff, the family was all sitting out on the deck talking not paying attention to the little guy and he jumped from the far banister and landed right on top of my head and I (without thinking about him) grabbed him on threw it right off the side of the deck, this is the day he became a flying squirrel....yes like Rocky, there is my proof of the Bullwinkle thing in the cartoon section here, anyway he landed probably 20' below on a pile of leaves and we didn't see him again for several months, found out he moved up to the neighbors at the end of the road. Shish, live and learn and feel sad in between!:(

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Hi Karla, I can relate to your little pet as I did this once with a baby bird, the mother did not want the bird and pushed it out of the nest but it was still alive so I brought it in and put in some fruit and seed and water but it ended up drowning in the water I gave it with a dropper. I found out later the babies get the fluid from worms and regurgitation from the mother. I guess it is better to find out info first before becoming an overnight EMT.

Also in 1994 the family dog brought a baby squirrel in and I took over to care for it and it worked out really well, after it grew up we turned it loose outside, well it would hang around on the deck which was up in the tree tops as the house was built on the side of a bluff, the family was all sitting out on the deck talking not paying attention to the little guy and he jumped from the far banister and landed right on top of my head and I (without thinking about him) grabbed him on threw it right off the side of the deck, this is the day he became a flying squirrel....yes like Rocky, there is my proof of the Bullwinkle thing in the cartoon section here, anyway he landed probably 20' below on a pile of leaves and we didn't see him again for several months, found out he moved up to the neighbors at the end of the road. Shish, live and learn and feel sad in between!:(
Love the flying squirrel bit. :)

Reactions: Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
It's sobering to realise that of all the billions of parent/children relationships the world over, there are many that are undermined and sometimes ruined by a simple thing such as lack of understanding of body shape. It is hard to realise that it is not a given that people know how to love, even those in their most primary relationships. People are like seeds with a hard outer casing, and love has to germinate from within and break through. Then it is tender, soft and sweet.

Glo, I hope you can still love your Dad, even though he hadn't grown past his seed stage.

Glo

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 24, 2017
Arkansas
Glo, I hope you can still love your Dad, even though he hadn't grown past his seed stage.
Oh yes most definately, I forgave a lot of things and people back in 1983. All is well my friend and I never stopped loving anyone! For what I know love to be! Your a blessing Miss Melt! Much love to you always!

Reactions: June and Stargazer
Really beautiful thoughts and insights in this thread by all participants!
After many years of priding myself on never crying and the numbness which ensued from that, I now treasure any water which comes from my eyes! It is proof I still feel, am human, am engaging viscerally with life as intended.
Such a lesson!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)