• Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.

Crystal identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laron

Healing Facilitator & Consciousness Guide
Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
What s the name of it? I think i found it in switzerland 20 years ago or so
If you could get a photo more in the natural light, and perhaps with nothing behind it so the light can get through, that would help I think, Alain.

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Thread continued here. (Author of the original post is not active on the forum)

OP
OP
Kristy

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Take a photo outside in natural light against abplain background. If it is a lighter crystal use a darker background, if it is a darker crystal use I white background.

Take a photo outside in natural light against abplain background. If it is a lighter crystal use a darker background, if it is a darker crystal use I white background.
Hi! Sorry if I am not posting this in the correct spot, I just signed up! I am looking into what this stone could be; I was told a while ago it was snowflake obsidian, but I just got “the crystal bible” and it doesn’t seem to look like it or anything in the book. Help! (If easier to message me, please do! I can send pictures in natural light tmrw) thank you!!

Attachments

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Sorry if I am not posting this in the correct spot, I just signed up!
This is the right spot Casey!

These crystal below are snowflake obsidian. (Which I'm sure you would have found in the crystal bible)

0975f83ece85030e281dc2bb5d56b350.jpg snowflake obsidian A.jpg Snowflake_Obsidi_034.JPG

Let's see if anyone can help ID your crystal!

Anaeika

Boundless Creation
Staff member
Board Moderator
Hi! Sorry if I am not posting this in the correct spot, I just signed up! I am looking into what this stone could be; I was told a while ago it was snowflake obsidian, but I just got “the crystal bible” and it doesn’t seem to look like it or anything in the book. Help! (If easier to message me, please do! I can send pictures in natural light tmrw) thank you!!

Might be
Rhodochrosite

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Might be
Rhodochrosite
Rhodochrosite is pink and white, no brown. (I see white and brown, no pink, in Casey's pictures)

rhodochrosite A5.jpg Rhodochrosite polished gemstone.jpg rhodochrosite.jpg

Anaeika

Boundless Creation
Staff member
Board Moderator
Rhodochrosite is a manganese carbonate mineral with chemical composition MnCO3. In its (rare) pure form, it is typically a rose-red color, but impure specimens can be shades of pink to pale brown. It streaks white,” Wikipedia

B1055B4E-869D-4858-A3C1-424511644C75.jpeg 60DB6322-6522-410A-8536-A37844D72B89.jpeg 7908E562-5A43-492B-B073-9F5228733C76.jpeg

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
crystals.jpg

Can anyone help me identify this one? I'm pretty sure it's a yellow jasper.

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)