Create a poem/song out of a dream (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This is one I wrote back in 1986:

WE ARE NOT ALONE
Out of the midnight sky​
Which is blacker than​
A black jewel of high quality,​
Comes a piercing, piercing cry​
Caught in its sonority,​
A needle-piercing cry.​
Out of thin nowhere,​
Not described or known​
Except by the wind blown​
With an uncanny force,​
Out of a pitiless depth​
Comes a sound of high remorse.​
Imagine the black of emptiness,​
Think of nothing​
But this vacant black,​
Somehow swarming, stretching,​
Covering your thoughts,​
Nullifying, emptying, dead​
Black, back to the black​
And you will hear, constantly,​
The thin-voiced scream,​
The urgency, the power​
Of its tiny stream​
Scratching a line of light​
Through your dream.​

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Who's next!!??
My song(lyric)s might be channelled from elsewhere high but I do not consciously remember to have received them in dreams. Yet sometimes I think it is 'given' to me, like the music too.

Since I write and produce Metal most would then want to believe it is rather nightmares in my case :p , but it is not true, I do / did not have nightmares for many years. :)

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
My song(lyric)s might be channelled from elsewhere high but I do not consciously remember to have received them in dreams. Yet sometimes I think it is 'given' to me, like the music too.

Since I write and produce Metal most would then want to believe it is rather nightmares in my case :p , but it is not true, I do / did not have nightmares for many years. :)
Love to hear some of your lyrics, can they be understood without the music, in this case?

• I agree
Reactions: Anaeika

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Love to hear some of your lyrics, can they be understood without the music, in this case?
Yes, they are in my usually bad ... :-)) ... English but I take my artistic/poetic liberty with English anyway (not my native tongue as you know) or with language in general, as I did even with German lyrics/poems I wrote (about 4 years ago I produced a German poetry book about metaphysical topics, also had a German lyrics song project with a different style of music, but for the time being I shelved it).
However, I also intentionally use a lot of old-fashioned and 'strange' terms anyway as part of the 'concept' and the artistic persona. I'm a strange guy after all and so I have to create strange art. ;)
Speaking of strange ... As strange as it might seem, I still want to separate any forum persona (like this ava/nick) from my artistic persona that is why I do not publicly link/connect it. I might share in the future though when I change my mind about it, which might or might not happen (or give links to the lyrics site via pm then). <:)

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
@Sinera , I am curious. Please pm me.
Will do when I'm ready, as said, I need to wait a little. Also momentarily finishing and changing a few concepts next to finalising my 2nd album, next to sending out demos to record labels, I'm a hopeless dreamer but who knows if the manifesting works against all odds. Keep ya' posted. :cool:

• Fine Post! (RT Award)
  • Winner
Reactions: Alain and Anaeika

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yes, they are in my usually bad ... :-)) ... English but I take my artistic/poetic liberty with English anyway (not my native tongue as you know) or with language in general, as I did even with German lyrics/poems I wrote (about 4 years ago I produced a German poetry book about metaphysical topics, also had a German lyrics song project with a different style of music, but for the time being I shelved it).
However, I also intentionally use a lot of old-fashioned and 'strange' terms anyway as part of the 'concept' and the artistic persona. I'm a strange guy after all and so I have to create strange art. ;)
Speaking of strange ... As strange as it might seem, I still want to separate any forum persona (like this ava/nick) from my artistic persona that is why I do not publicly link/connect it. I might share in the future though when I change my mind about it, which might or might not happen (or give links to the lyrics site via pm then). <:)
I'm quite proud of myself - I was able to translate a Christmas letter to me (German to English) from my daughter's German grandmother. The only word I didn't get was segensreiche - full of blessing - but we have a dictionary for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)