Churn in the Crypto World (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
The last few weeks have seen a lot of churn in the crypto world. BTC briefly touched $5000USD/BTC and then fell back to about $3000. (But has been recovering nicely these past few days). I believe this churn is the result of blockchain technology based "currencies" getting their legs and continuing to disrupt business as usual. Central bankers are reacting, It is what would be expected in the early stages of the crumbling of an old financial system that is being displaced by something the end users want that the old system doesn't provide. There is lot's of volatility. This doesn't mean central bankers will completely block crypto's in the long term, it's more that they are trying to figure out how to get their fingers in the pie. Trying to figure out how they don't get disinter-mediated. 'Cause that's not a space that pays well. Duh.

There are many, many articles out there taking this position or that. Viewpoints abound. Nobody knows the details of how this will work out. I sure don't. Yet I do believe this is a transition that humanity collectively wants and so it will occur. We want our financial sovereignty. (Back?) We'll leave the how's and what's to the Universe to sort out (and it will) but we collectively want something better for ourselves than we have now so it will change.

I've posted here before how we are in the early stages of such a transition. Still are, and will be for awhile. Quite awhile. Things will be volatile....but will trend to more stability over time. There are opportunities to build wealth. And opportunities to lose wealth. Takes some knowledge and thinking, and some intuition, to come down on the favorable side. And patience and adoption of a long view.

Now we are getting to the phase where the big guys can no longer ignore the crypto space. In general they are trying to figure it out and how to play it to meet their own goals. And yeah, taking care of you in the process is probably not their number one design requirement. Same as it has ever been. A bit of evidence on this in the linked article about how BIS is starting to see things and shape the playing field. BIS, while not widely known, is behind what many of the central banks do collectively.

While the central bankers and power brokers will do their best, my bet is the Universe will out play them. Helps when you make, hold, and can see the cards before they are dealt. The bankers are fully in their illusion of control. A rude awakening for them at some point.

Yet the Universe will, I believe, seek balance. The Wild West environment now prevalent in the crypto space is also not sustainable as humanity will collectively move things towards more stability while preserving their desire for individual financial sovereignty. So there is yet a role for a means of providing that stability...will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Here's the article:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-17/scramble-explain-bitcoin-bis-unveils-new-taxonomy-money-three-charts

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Seems like everyday there is some new take. I thought it was interesting that one day Jamie Dimon said cryptos were not worth anything, stock values dropped, and then JP Morgan bought some.

I've dealt with people like this, and their arrogance is unfathomable - they believe they always will be able to outsmart others. History tells another story........

Thanks for the update.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Yet the Universe will, I believe, seek balance
Simon Parkes has said that bitcoin is a CIA construct and they have a back door to pull the plug on the whole thing.

I do not believe or disbelieve as I know nothing about it. I invest in people, the Universe gives me everything I need and the idea of saving or investing for a future that has not materialised is as yet an anathema for me.

By stating my opinion, I do not need to dismiss or demean anyone else's, especially yours Bill which I value. Thank you.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yet the Universe will, I believe, seek balance.
I felt to respond here, Bill, because yesterday I had a very buoyant feeling - in terms of future wellbeing. Even though I'm an unemployed person caught in freefall by my country's safety net (and isn't it nice that we have one?) I have a strong feeling it will all work out alright on a personal level if only I align my senses and sensors to the will and catching arms of the Universe. In some ways, that could be seen as leaving your fate to another, but not really as I do feel that whatever happens it will be perfectly OK.

I mean, people seem to feel that they never have enough, but in reality we live in the midst of super-abundance. Just think of how many seeds nature provides, just so that there will always be continuity of species. Just think of how many stars there are in the sky. That's not being stingy, is it? How we could still grind grain for bread, if we had to do it with two flat rocks. There really is room for gratitude, for never going hungry, even if it is cabbage and beans.

Every month, I put in dozens of applications for jobs, and never a peep (at least in this cycle, I'm on my eighth redundancy overall). But when I put in for volunteer work, I get a call the very next day! So be it. The Universe wants me to volunteer. Not what I envisioned for myself in my late fifties - but get on board, align to the will of the Universe - and so it goes, unfolding in an unexpected manner, but all perfectly on track and OK.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
:eek::eek::eek:
I felt to respond here, Bill, because yesterday I had a very buoyant feeling - in terms of future wellbeing. Even though I'm an unemployed person caught in freefall by my country's safety net (and isn't it nice that we have one?) I have a strong feeling it will all work out alright on a personal level if only I align my senses and sensors to the will and catching arms of the Universe. In some ways, that could be seen as leaving your fate to another, but not really as I do feel that whatever happens it will be perfectly OK.

I mean, people seem to feel that they never have enough, but in reality we live in the midst of super-abundance. Just think of how many seeds nature provides, just so that there will always be continuity of species. Just think of how many stars there are in the sky. That's not being stingy, is it? How we could still grind grain for bread, if we had to do it with two flat rocks. There really is room for gratitude, for never going hungry, even if it is cabbage and beans.

Every month, I put in dozens of applications for jobs, and never a peep (at least in this cycle, I'm on my eighth redundancy overall). But when I put in for volunteer work, I get a call the very next day! So be it. The Universe wants me to volunteer. Not what I envisioned for myself in my late fifties - but get on board, align to the will of the Universe - and so it goes, unfolding in an unexpected manner, but all perfectly on track and OK.
So true Melt but cabbage and beans? Boy you'd want to steer well clear of me if that is all I ate.:eek:

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Here is a short, interesting video about Bitcoin.

Operation Quantum-Krypto: The False Flag Many People are Missing
Are Bitcoin and the myriad of other crypto-currencies really a threat to the New World Order banking system, or are they actually the next phase in the plan...? And if so, is there a connection with quantum computing on the horizon?

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
- but get on board, align to the will of the Universe - and so it goes, unfolding in an unexpected manner, but all perfectly on track and OK.
I am with you on this Melt.......I am a volunteer too, money is very tight and yet I seem to be more aware of the abundance of the natural Universe than those with money and everything going for them.

David Shaeffer wrote something about it in his book "Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot"

'there was something about living closer to the ground and nearer to need, something that bestowed grace on a soul'

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I am with you on this Melt.......I am a volunteer too, money is very tight and yet I seem to be more aware of the abundance of the natural Universe than those with money and everything going for them.

David Shaeffer wrote something about it in his book "Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot"

'there was something about living closer to the ground and nearer to need, something that bestowed grace on a soul'
That's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)