Wherever I go, there are fans of you (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
When I heard that sentence, I knew "it would preach".

I’ve been talking with a friend who has been going through difficult times at work. Through it all, she has stayed true to herself, even though she was bucking the system. She is the type of person who brings out the best in others; people share their feelings with her; children and animals love her.

Yet, often these people end up in difficult situations because they are the only light in the room. Many times, she wanted to quit, packing up her stuff and going somewhere else, but deep inside she felt there was a reason she was there at this time. And so she stayed.

Her light illuminated a lot that was wrong, and they did not like that, resisting with all their might. There was great turmoil, with some being forced out or fired. However, it also gave courage to others to speak up. New leadership arrived, but the intent was unknown until yesterday when she heard these words. There still is much to do, but the big boulders that impeded progress are rocks now.

Here, we’ve been talking about change and how slowly and sometimes quickly it happens. Her experience is a great one for all of us to remember. Every day that we show up, we help others in ways we cannot imagine. So remember that wherever you are, there are fans of you!

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Reminds me a little of what happened to me end of last month. When I had my last day I of course also felt a bit sorry. I knew I did not belong there in such a job. All those extroverted people and this kind of work was a horror for me. Others had left before and also without much grace or 'honour', there was also mobbing going on, but never against me.

I was kind of like I had a shield around me. They left me 'alone'. Although their energy for me in this room was hard enough to bear anyway. As an introvert (bordering on aspergers maybe, but not really as my HS told me when I asked it once if I'm autistic) I am the 'alien', I always was, ... maybe literally?

So it was that when the time came to say good-bye after I packed my things, the group came up to me as a surprise small good-bye-party and wished me all the best and even gave me a present (Amazon voucher, pretty useful). They seemed really sorry and I also felt touched then. Seems I had left an impression of the other kind, even as an introverted 'strange' guy who always was different - and would never change or adapt to their behaviours!

One guy even told me he's so sorry because I was such a 'calm anchor' and brought some needed peace and who knows if s.o. now replaces me who is 'only like us' he joked, he did not like the idea.

Not saying they were 'my fans' now but it seems I left a more positive impact by shining my calm and reserved or retreated personality than I had thought first. I wish I could have contributed to changing them in the long-term in the aftermath. Well, who knows.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I recently read something that was shared on Facebook from another person who wrote it.

Some of us are here to trigger people. We wake people up. We shake them from their current reality. Our very existence brings them to a deeper understanding of what is possible for a new way of living. However, this isn't always a positive experience, for those of us doing the triggering. We often receive a great deal of negative, when we choose to *live out loud*. It takes massive courage to hold the space to receive this negative energy and not let it throw you off balance. One needs to have great focus and clarity about this, while being a voice for change. You *will* trigger the density in others. When you embrace this, you can stop personalizing it and understand that it is all part of the process, in the evolution of human consciousness."
-dayna martin
That feels pretty close to what you are referring to.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Sinera and Angela you all made great observations. They are a lot like what I experienced on our vacation. It seemed that we were present at many "tipping points" where our just being there, chatting, or giving a family a gallon of water for their overheated car changed something. I could sense it and see it in their eyes. We did nothing big or momentous, but I am sure we did something to effect a change in direction. I think of this as a gentle way to help - sort of like guiding someone to look on a different aisle in the grocery store. What they choose to do with it is their business, but at least we pointed out the "organic" section. o:)s

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Some of us are here to trigger people. We wake people up. We shake them from their current reality. Our very existence brings them to a deeper understanding of what is possible for a new way of living. However, this isn't always a positive experience, for those of us doing the triggering. We often receive a great deal of negative, when we choose to *live out loud*. It takes massive courage to hold the space to receive this negative energy and not let it throw you off balance. One needs to have great focus and clarity about this, while being a voice for change. You *will* trigger the density in others. When you embrace this, you can stop personalizing it and understand that it is all part of the process, in the evolution of human consciousness."
-dayna martin.​
Somebody wrote a post a good while ago that referred to folks like this as 'heyoka's (sorry, can't find it now to link to it:((). It really resonated with me, especially the part about shaking complacency just by being. I haven't yet found much more on the subject under that name since. Having said that, there are lots of historical/mythical archetypes that embody this in different cultures, from the court jester to mischevous coyote/raven to Loki to Eshu, etc. Clearly this is an important idea societally.
The thought of being this way in this time just makes me nod slowly with wide open eyes:eek:

Reactions: Stargazer and Linda

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Sinera and Angela you all made great observations. They are a lot like what I experienced on our vacation. It seemed that we were present at many "tipping points" where our just being there, chatting, or giving a family a gallon of water for their overheated car changed something. I could sense it and see it in their eyes. We did nothing big or momentous, but I am sure we did something to effect a change in direction. I think of this as a gentle way to help - sort of like guiding someone to look on a different aisle in the grocery store. What they choose to do with it is their business, but at least we pointed out the "organic" section. o:)s
Yes, my favourite 'tipping points' are the ones that are natural as breathing and result in a smile. This is so often easy with children, animals and the elderly. They are guaranteed 'make my day' moments for all involved when that special recognition occurs and that connection is made.

Reactions: Stargazer and Linda
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
when that special recognition occurs and that connection is made.
I joke that I do some of my best work in the grocery store - a warm smile or encouraging words, and a lot are with children. One time I was lost in thought remembering my grocery list left at home, when I heard a little voice say "Hey Lady". I looked up and saw a little boy - maybe 3 yrs old - smiling at me. I returned the smile - that was all he wanted. I laughed to myself at being called out by this little one to get back to my work.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)