What's your current mask policy where you live? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
What's your current mask or lockdown policy where you live? Can you give your country and province/state?

US, Michigan
No masks required, no lockdowns, no business closed, even though flu season has officially started. Democrat Gov Whitmer is currently being investigated for far exceeding her emergency powers back in 2020. I believe she is up for reelection in Nov 2022.

Some people in some professions are required to wear masks at work, like medical professionals. Most of the public not at work do not wear masks. The jab is not required at my work but some employers do require it, like medical professionals at SOME employers. I have not checked with my doctor about this yet, if they are required to get the jab.

EDIT: I asked my family doctor and I do not need the clot shot to get services at that corporation.

Back in 2020 we had: masks mandatory at work and for all people out in public. Most people wore them. Many businesses were closed like nail salons, hair cut places, tattoo places. Banks were drive-in only. Restaurants did take out only, if they could. Some simply closed forever. I ended up buying a hair cutter online and shaved my head once because no hair salons were open. Masks were required in stores but no one enforced it here. Some stores had a rack of free masks if you wanted one and forgot yours. A table of masks are now at Target but I rarely see people in a mask now in public.

Last edited:
  • Love this post!
Reactions: June

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
Canada, Saskatchewan

Masks required everywhere. Vax certificate required pretty much everywhere except grocery stores and Home Depot. So far they haven't limited gatherings at home but it is bound to happen soon. Our numbers are really high. The hospitals are currently flying any new ICU patients 1800 km away to Ontario. They have also brought in some military medical personnel to help with the overload of patients. I am expecting that the gov't will mandate some gathering limit measures for Christmas.

Most employers/businesses require a vax certificate now to enter the building.

• A hug for you

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Perth, Western Australia

We have had a glorious run, with only about 4 weeks in total (since March 2020) of lockdown (of course if you actually had COVID there were isolation periods), and there were some regional and state boundaries in place in 2020, which were lifted over a year ago. At that time, you had to have a very good reason to travel over those boundaries. But because of the size of our State, although it was bad for economic flows, it did isolate any illness in one or two places, leaving those other regions to get on with life with little impact.

As I say, mask mandate has only been for in total about 4 weeks in 20 months. This is not necessarily reflected in other states of Australia.

The State Premier has just announced there will be legislation regarding Vax mandates - still not legislated, so will roll out early next year. There are 3 tranches or groups of affected employees/personnel; I fall into the third group so expect to be losing my job about beginning of February, if all rolls out as they say. Those flying in/flying out to mining jobs have their deadline on 1st December. Retail and restaurants/hotels follows with 1st January.

There are going to be a lot of unemployed in this State.

However, I am feeling upbeat about it. I have decided to approach it like this:

I will knit a 100-square blanket (started already - 4 squares done). I have set my intention to have the whole hot mess sorted and settled down within my local environment including my job prospects, by the time the blanket is completed. I am estimating this will be March-May next year, 2022. While the blanket is a work in progress, it will be keeping me at home if I lose my job, so that my expenses will not escalate. I simply stay at home and knit, and eat from prepped stores (meaning eat less, less often, make it last 4-5 months). Petrol prices have already topped $2 the litre this week, so inflation is well underway, as the petro dollar fails. I want to have my car in good working condition, but not necessarily have to use it much, if vax mandates are going to keep me away from many places. My own small sanctuary, and doing without, while still being creative and knitting my new plan into my new beginning. Let's see!

• A hug for you

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

We have had a glorious run, with only about 4 weeks in total (since March 2020) of lockdown (of course if you actually had COVID there were isolation periods), and there were some regional and state boundaries in place in 2020, which were lifted over a year ago. At that time, you had to have a very good reason to travel over those boundaries. But because of the size of our State, although it was bad for economic flows, it did isolate any illness in one or two places, leaving those other regions to get on with life with little impact.

As I say, mask mandate has only been for in total about 4 weeks in 20 months. This is not necessarily reflected in other states of Australia.

The State Premier has just announced there will be legislation regarding Vax mandates - still not legislated, so will roll out early next year. There are 3 tranches or groups of affected employees/personnel; I fall into the third group so expect to be losing my job about beginning of February, if all rolls out as they say. Those flying in/flying out to mining jobs have their deadline on 1st December. Retail and restaurants/hotels follows with 1st January.

There are going to be a lot of unemployed in this State.

However, I am feeling upbeat about it. I have decided to approach it like this:

I will knit a 100-square blanket (started already - 4 squares done). I have set my intention to have the whole hot mess sorted and settled down within my local environment including my job prospects, by the time the blanket is completed. I am estimating this will be March-May next year, 2022. While the blanket is a work in progress, it will be keeping me at home if I lose my job, so that my expenses will not escalate. I simply stay at home and knit, and eat from prepped stores (meaning eat less, less often, make it last 4-5 months). Petrol prices have already topped $2 the litre this week, so inflation is well underway, as the petro dollar fails. I want to have my car in good working condition, but not necessarily have to use it much, if vax mandates are going to keep me away from many places. My own small sanctuary, and doing without, while still being creative and knitting my new plan into my new beginning. Let's see!
Sounds like a plan Melt, thinking of you and sending love to everyone going through this..

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Travis County, Texas

The rules are set by the counties but cannot supersede the state rules. I had to look mine up because I don't run into masks often. Turns out we are on Level 3 (of 5) and people should be wearing them most places, but they don't. Last week I needed one for voting, but that is all. Not sure what the schools require. Some people wear them in the grocery store but not many. No one says anything or gives "looks" - people just seem to go about their business.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt

crumbz

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 14, 2019
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Wearing a mask when in a public place is mandatory.

Going into any shops or building or anywhere, it is a requirement to wear a mask. The security guards will check and will turn away people without masks. Shops will not let customers enter without a mask.

The only exception is if we are in our own car, or if we are having meals dine-in at a restaurant. Even for dine-in, we are not allowed to remove our mask before food or drink arrives. When done eating, we are required to put the mask back on. The grey area is whether we can remove our mask if we walk around and eat at the same time. I saw this lady who creatively tried to work around this by walking around the mall with a donut in her hand, so she was technically eating and didnt have to put her mask on...heaven knows how long she had to hold that donut out for.:-))

A vax certificate is required if we are going to stay at a hotel or if we are going to enter non-essential service shops (e.g. hair salon, electrical shops, fashion stores etc).

Everywhere we go, we must use the govt app on our phone to check in and then check out. That app will also be used to show to the security guards at malls or buildings that we are vaccinated. If we are caught at a premise that we did not scan our app to enter, the authorities have a right to issue a monetary fine. I literally cannot go anywhere without my phone (with internet connection) now because to enter most places, we really need to use that app.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Linda and Snowmelt

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Wearing a mask when in a public place is mandatory.
I want you to know that I think of you each and every time I go out and say a prayer for your well-being and safety. I am aware that I have fairly decent freedoms compared to so many and do not take it lightly.

crumbz

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 14, 2019
I want you to know that I think of you each and every time I go out and say a prayer for your well-being and safety. I am aware that I have fairly decent freedoms compared to so many and do not take it lightly.
Thank you <3

• Love this post!
Reactions: Linda

Rebekah

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
although no mask policy has been in effect this year, just today masks are mandated for all indoor public spaces, unless the company/business implements a strict vaccine passport policy. So far a few local police departments have made statements that they are not responsible for, nor are they interested in enforcing a mandate.

• A hug for you
Reactions: Snowmelt and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)