The worst alphabet book ever - "P is for Pterodactyl" (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I can see me as a child being delighted with all ways some words break the alphabet rules.

What do rappers and computer programmers have in common? A passion for creating kids books. After a few years of hard work, Raj Haldar and Chris Carpenter have just published what they describe to be “the worst alphabet book ever,” and it’s so ridiculously hilarious, even adults would have an interesting time reading it.
Chris also said that he firmly believes that kids are about as smart as adults, but without the wisdom or communication skills to fully demonstrate it. “We tend to underestimate our children when we present an overly simplified version of the world in teaching certain subjects. It can be enormously frustrating, for example, to have a particular set of spelling rules drilled into one’s head, only to discover later that “I before E” is a giant conspiracy. Of course, the basics are important too, but why not hint at a more complete picture from a relatively early stage, and trust that our kids can handle it? Our hope is that P is for Pterodactyl fills the latter role. Also, kids should reach for our book because of the purple turban-wearing pteranodon with a skin condition.”

https://www.boredpanda.com/english-kids-spelling-book-p-is-for-pterodactyl/

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
A is for "antidisestablishmentantarianism", which used to be the longest word in the English language.

Reactions: Linda

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
finish or a language in that area has the record of the longest word

never mind it s a quite difficult language

Reactions: Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)