The Simulation Hypothesis (Movie) (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Tom Campbell (My Big Toe) is often featured on transients. He also features being interviewed in this movie in short clips in-between among many other scientists. It is about the Digital / Holographic Universe hypothesis and its development, also a lot about how it relates to quantum physics and its history.

Very well done and gets good reviews. I think it is one of the best documentaries and summaries on the topic so far.

I came across it via the Skeptiko blog/podcast by Alex Tsakiris (which is pretty good btw and often has very interesting guests)

http://www.skeptiko.com/kent-forbes-simulation-hypothesis-defeats-materialism-323/

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
Tom Campbell (My Big Toe) is often featured on transients. He also features being interviewed in this movie in short clips in-between among many other scientists. It is about the Digital / Holographic Universe hypothesis and its development, also a lot about how it relates to quantum physics and its history.

Very well done and gets good reviews. I think it is one of the best documentaries and summaries on the topic so far.

I came across it via the Skeptiko blog/podcast by Alex Tsakiris (which is pretty good btw and often has very interesting guests)

http://www.skeptiko.com/kent-forbes-simulation-hypothesis-defeats-materialism-323/
Thanks Sinera...looks like a good one to watch. I like Tom Campbell...but admit I've yet to warm up to the idea everything is just a computer simulation. But I'm open to exploring it, even if uncomfortable.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Thanks Sinera...looks like a good one to watch. I like Tom Campbell...but admit I've yet to warm up to the idea everything is just a computer simulation. But I'm open to exploring it, even if uncomfortable.
Reality is just the best computer simulation ever made and god is the best programmer there ever was, is, and will be. :cool:

Reactions: Sinera
OP
Sinera

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
It's seen too literal by some, that is why it is rejected, but it is misunderstood. I also have my own take on it. I do not see it like it is in the Matrix movies - which are a good metaphor though, but a metaphor is just a metaphor - and easily misinterpretet by some.

It is not like some think that e.g. we are actually humans or even brains hooked on a virtual reality system which ironically is an almost materialistic interpretation of the "Matrix". Or the strictly theological interpretation that some aliens or alien God/Being programs a game and we are the avatars.

The way I see it: we as humans are avatars but it is our Higher Self which is the player before the computer (again: metaphorically speaking).

All in all, it goes deeper. Reality has a 'computational' aspect to it, that's all for me to take out of it. Tom Campbell also draws many parallells to Eastern mysticism which has parallels to his theories, think of "Indra's Net" and all that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)