The effects of screen on our eyes (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-use-a-blue-light-filter-on-pc-mac/

Ok how to start. I bought a new smartphone beginning this mounth and during the configuration there was turn off the blue light. First thing to sense, the eyes are more relaxed.

So i said to myself if it goes on smarphones so every screen can have that filter also

As our eyes are our most used tool it should also be important to take care off.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Yes, many people have noted that our eyes do get tired with screens and I have heard of available filters (usually worn as glasses, I believe) though I have notlooked into them.
What I am far more familiar with is that screens decrease the melatonin in our brains that helps us sleep. For this reason it is often advised to organize the day so that one is not on a screen for a time before going to bed; ideally 2 hours before sleep time.

Reactions: Anaeika and Linda

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
The iphone has a feature to turn off the blue light. The factory install program automatically turns it off at night hours, but you can go into settings and change the hours.

Reactions: Linda and Alain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)