Star Trek: Discovery — The New Star Trek Series (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
laron submitted a new article.

Star Trek: Discovery — The New Star Trek Series
Star Trek, originally created by Gene Roddenberry, continues on with Star Trek: Discovery, even though Roddenberry passed away in 1991.

The original series, also known as Star Trek, debuted in 1966 and aired for three seasons and ran for 3 years. Captain James T. Kirk and his crew aboard the USS Enterprise explored space, which was an ongoing theme for all the follow up spin-off series.

Star Trek: The Next Generation was produced from 1987–94, with seven seasons; Captain Jean-Luc Picard was at the helm. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, also running for seven seasons, went from 1993–99; Benjamin Sisko commanded DS9 station. Star Trek: Voyager, with female captain Kathryn Janeway, began in 1995, finishing up with six seasons in 2001. In 2001 Star Trek: Enterprise aired, running for four...
Click here to continue on to the original article. You will be able to comment using a Disqus account (www.disqus.com) if you are logged in with Disqus.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
That is ironic that folks are complaining about the Star Trek show's racial mix!o_O Are they complaining about the mix of species too, lol:ROFL:

I was told that Star Trek featured the first interracial kiss ever aired on television. Craftily, for introducing a social 'powder keg' of a topic, it was scripted between Captain Kirk and his Communications Officer, Lieutenant Uhura, who were made to kiss under the influence of beings that had the crew captured and under the influence of their mind control.
And how many American shows of the era featured an officer who was a trusted Russian... with a thick accent to boot?:-D

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
the first interracial kiss ever aired on television.
I also believed this as it is commonly reported to be, but then a while ago I saw this fan clip. So it is only the second kiss. However, one can argue it was the first romantic mouth to mouth kiss since the first one it seems was just a cheek kiss.
Btw, I also am looking forward to this new show. Always loved Star Trek (a little more than Star Wars).

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!

When the first series aired, my father, brother, and I would eat dinner on trays in front of the tv, so we would not miss a moment. It was a wonderful bonding time. I don't know who I will watch this one with - maybe the kids across the street. :D

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I also believed this as it is commonly reported to be, but then a while ago I saw this fan clip. So it is only the second kiss. However, one can argue it was the first romantic mouth to mouth kiss since the first one it seems was just a cheek kiss.
Yes, I guess that should be qualified as the first romantic tv kiss.

Great video, Sinera. Thanks for sharing:cool:

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Just another tip for the Trekkies and especially fans of the first show. There is a very good fan project that continues the original series.

They do it quite professionally and receive praise from everywhere. Even some of the less or more famous actors from all ST shows joined them by now (acting or lending their voices).

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqBfJMOAgxpLooYH0WkLpmw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Continues

It's worth checking out. 8 episodes so far.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I watched some of the bloopers from the fan project site. Thanks for the info.

Oh hell, I'm going to Cracker Barrel. :ROFL::)):ROFL:

Translation for everyone outside the US - Cracker Barrel is a chain store located along highways that seems to attract high numbers of the older generations, but NOT me.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The couple of watched were really good at recreating the sense of the old series! ... commercial breaks, 60s style special effects, loooong drawn out looks at the end of a scene, the same music, and all:-D

I'm really glad to have encou,tered this and will definitely share:)

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Just a reminder that now you need to respond and comment via the front page article using Disqus, not the forum. It looks like I Have the permissions setup from as Lila was able to comment on here. I will get that fixed now. (If you comment on the forum version, it won't show on the article comments now after yesterdays change)

It looks like some comments were not migrated over because of some errors with it picking up forum code.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)