Photography (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
I always loved taking pictures of things... what I love most is capturing the little things you usually walk by without noticing... I want to share a few of my pictures here with you :)

I love ants somehow they look beautiful when you look at them closely, and are fascinating insects... but hard to capture because they move so fast...

ant on finger
by firewalkermom, on Flickr

this wood looks as if it has an eye...

wood looking like a whale's eye

sparks of a fire

Sparks

leaves of... forgot what this plant is called in english lol

holly

some kind of hoverfly

hoverfly on finger

petals close up

yellow spikes

well... this picture cost me some blood :rolleyes:

drinking moskito

even insects seem to have some fun :p

hehe fun :)

magic beads :)

drops on a spiderweb

star center of a leaf

leaf star

another ant, this time harvesting from lice... interesting how the sun is shining right through it

ant milking lice

butterfly drinking

butterfly drinking

shield bug

dragonfly

does anybody of you like taking pictures too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
I do, I do!!! :) I take pictures just about everywhere I go. I also like to look at things very close up.

I'll post a couple of my favorites when I get home from work this afternoon.

OP
Samara

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
Stargazer, those are lovely pictures :D
its always amazing how you can get nice stuff like that just out of normal everyday scenery, just by "cutting out" the surroundings and focussing on one area... I love playing with shapes and colors like that too <3

I have a canon EOS 60D but to be honest I'm kinda struggling with that one... I don't seem to be able to get the colors right and I'd love to have more zoom and a macro lense but they are way too expensive :(
plus, its so much to learn and I never found the time or motivation to really get into that lol

These pictures I made with my Lumix DMC-TZ7, which is "just" a small compact camera... this one here:

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_tz7_review/

I'm really happy with that one... its got a lense from leica and the huge advantage with this one is you can get as close as around 3mm to the object you want to take a picture of :) which is how I got to make those pictures of insects close up... usually takes me quite a few shots to get some good ones lol you mustnt wobble and the insect mustnt run too fast and the wind mustnt blow the leaf its sitting on ... :p

Ben

Brother of Awen
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Shrewsbury, UK
I took this the other day while on a walk in my local birch forest (I love Silver Birches). Just like Pucksterguy I take pictures of nature everywhere I go but almost without fail I default back to trees!

20161021_114133.jpg

OP
Samara

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
wow this is a beautiful forest :D

I don't know any pure birchtree forests here... here we have a lot of beeches and spruce trees in the woods, inbetween oaks and ashes and some others but rarely birches, they usually stand alone somewhere ;)

Reactions: Ben and Stargazer

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Speaking of winter...sone pictures, for your utter amusement, of an ice fishing trip I went on. You wait untill the lake freezes over to have a foot thickness of ice. Huts are set up on the ice. Either by an outfitter or your own. Holes are then cut out from the ice, usually about 8 inches wide or square holes are cut in huts. Baited lines are dropped down and you hope to catch a fish or two. Huts are heated so the guys just sit and chat. A radio or some music, a few beers and a relaxing time, regardless if the fish are biting. You guys in the southern climes should think were nuts....we are!!
IMG_20160130_094319769.jpg IMG_20160130_094036882.jpg

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
A preview from my travelogue of our trip to New Mexico and Colorado. I'm standing in the crater of the Capulin Volcano, which is a recent extinct volcano - erupted around 10,000 years ago. It is in northeastern NM, and you can see Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and New Mexico from the rim. Also, there are quite a few other extinct volcanoes visible. I've been here before and always felt at home. This place also popped up as my "landing spot" in a QHHT session. It sort of looks like I'm checking in on my work - lol.

capulin 1.jpg

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Pucksterguy, you would like this area - it is high desert, which is way different, but appealing because of the colors and ruggedness. BTW, we met a couple from Ontario on their way to San Diego (motorcycle) at the grave site of Billy the Kid.

Krena, I bet you will like the pix from north-central NM. The scenery is stunning, which probably is why Georgia O'Keefe settled there at Ghost Ranch.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Recent flying.
Lol!
When I first looked at that second photo, Krena, I was sure I was looking at a tail + fin of a fish, though I wasn't sure what kind. Then, seeing the surrounding features, I decided it, too, was an airplane. Such similarity!;)

Reactions: Stargazer and Krena
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)