Music Part Two (3 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
what a contrast, but yes all kind of music is good to share messages

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
what a contrast, but yes all kind of music is good to share messages
It's rare and therefore great to see a Metal band that does not take itself too seriously (while they still take their music seriously).
Here's another one by them for staying in shape, the perfect workout song for the gymn: ;)

Reactions: Pucksterguy

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA

Really great music.

Here's what one of the artists says about it: "This was a live jam accompanied by the incredibly talented Suyana performed for the beautiful people at Heart Culture Festival 2017 in Austria. None of this music was pre-arranged, I had groups of clips and created the arrangements out of those clips on the fly in response to the energy of the moment. The vibe was incredibly special, people really tuned in and offered us the opportunity to dive deep into experimentation and to let things flow effortlessly from the heart. These loops are parts of tracks I have been working on and all the music is unreleased except for the remix I did for Lannka - but the version here is unique to the moment and not in the same form as the released version. *All of these tracks are now released except for Shiva Shambo which still only exists as loops."

• Divine
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016

Really great music.

Here's what one of the artists says about it: "This was a live jam accompanied by the incredibly talented Suyana performed for the beautiful people at Heart Culture Festival 2017 in Austria. None of this music was pre-arranged, I had groups of clips and created the arrangements out of those clips on the fly in response to the energy of the moment. The vibe was incredibly special, people really tuned in and offered us the opportunity to dive deep into experimentation and to let things flow effortlessly from the heart. These loops are parts of tracks I have been working on and all the music is unreleased except for the remix I did for Lannka - but the version here is unique to the moment and not in the same form as the released version. *All of these tracks are now released except for Shiva Shambo which still only exists as loops."
Thanks for sharing!

Really love both the music and the lyrics <3

• I agree
Reactions: Asta
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
And now for something completely different - two things I never thought of - thought we could mix it up today!

The guy who turns his neighbor's incessant car alarm into music.

The young woman who plays the Freebird solo on bagpipes.

Reactions: Sinera and One65

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The haloed sun slowly expanding in the background of the 'neighbour's car alarm' video seems the perfect accompaniment to the music, along with the wires framing the image, the construction and the houses + trees.

• I agree
Reactions: Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
And now for something completely different - two things I never thought of - thought we could mix it up today!

The guy who turns his neighbor's incessant car alarm into music.

The young woman who plays the Freebird solo on bagpipes.

I reckon the first one is a girl - just going by the hands playing the keyboard, and that second one has sass! Great clips.

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
In recent years I did not care about that Eurovision Song Contest at all. This time I hope that Australia will win with their Melodic 80ies Prog(pop)metal entry. They're actually pretty good.

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA

I love Taiko... it is so powerful. Imagine the experience of being there in person though, the pounding of the drums echoing into your whole body. I have to promise myself I will see one of these performances live-- this is one of the few things I can say really lights my soul up, even with just laptop audio. <3

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
There's something about drumming that really gets into one's bones, isn't there? O.o:D

What impresses me most about these guys is probably how 'in synch' they are.

Well, that and how 'full body' they do this, stance and all.

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA
There's something about drumming that really gets into one's bones, isn't there? O.o:D

What impresses me most about these guys is probably how 'in synch' they are.

Well, that and how 'full body' they do this, stance and all.
Yes, it very much seems like a sport, a dance and playing an instrument all in one
It amazes me as well how in sync they all are in, too :)

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
In recent years I did not care about that Eurovision Song Contest at all. This time I hope that Australia will win with their Melodic 80ies Prog(pop)metal entry. They're actually pretty good.

By the way: This is only my 2nd favourite. My winner is Spain. It absolutely puts me in a Trance state.
Stunning and mesmerizing!

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Although Sweden is forecast to win it with this performance:

Yep, she won. The 'Funny Fin' came second only as forecasted by the bookmakers odds.

And as usual .... my country came last again. :ROFL:

Dark Gothic Metal just isn't very popular among ESC voters and juries I guess.
Rumour has it they will re-name themselves into "Lord of the Last" now. :-))

As a consolation: The other Metal band that participated and my favourites (see post above) came 9th. Top 10 is a great result for a Progressive Metal band in a pop contest like this. They also really kept their Promise (pun intended) to rock the Eurovision stage.
I really <3 these Aussies.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
lordi was the excpetion for some time, well a lot seem to not listen closely to music and don t see talent as a musician can or true knowers

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Yeah, that was great. Although (to be nitpicking) they were not "Metal" but they were Hard Rock (hence their song title 'Hard Rock Hallelujah'). I had not seen their win back in 2006, as I did not watch Eurovision then, but in hindsight would have loved to.

Btw, Alain, it's great that your country Luxembourg will participate again in Eurovision after a very long break, 30 years actually!
Welcome Back!

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
i missed that, well there are a few composers that know to make complex stuff for harmonies the true music of my country is mostly unknown to me

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
i missed that, well there are a few composers that know to make complex stuff for harmonies the true music of my country is mostly unknown to me
Historically your country still is one of the most successful to this day next to Sweden and Ireland.

copied from Wikipedia:

Here is an interesting take on this year's 'metal'-Eurovision from a Metal guitarist perspective:

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
the last sucess was before i even was born, that is interesting

but were they trully from the country and not kind of borrowed to sing for the country while beeing of another

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Gojira is the original Japanese name for Godzilla.

There is yet another movie referenced though in this animated video clip. I guess we all know which it is. :cool:

Reactions: Linda

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
"You were told to swallow, crawl, and hide
Victims of fear and deception
Get a hold of yourself, rise above
A better part of you, immortal
May this firstborn spring flow into your soul
Exhausting all these black holes inside
Wake up to the sound of doom
Let this chant ring in your bones and lift you up
Get strong
Get strong
Get strong
Get strong
Leave the mud behind and climb up the sky
Wake up to the sound of doom"

• Divine
  • Love this post!
Reactions: One65 and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
"You were told to swallow, crawl, and hide
Victims of fear and deception
Get a hold of yourself, rise above
A better part of you, immortal
May this firstborn spring flow into your soul
Exhausting all these black holes inside
Wake up to the sound of doom
Let this chant ring in your bones and lift you up
Get strong
Get strong
Get strong
Get strong
Leave the mud behind and climb up the sky
Wake up to the sound of doom"

Calling all "mudlings" O.o:D

(Don't worry, I don't know what a "muddling" is either. It's the word that seemed to fit the concept of the last couple of lines):ROFL: I'm sure there's a good meme out there for that... come to think of it a lotus rises from the mud too and it smells so sweet.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Sinera

Sinera

RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
The funniest band in the world for me. (Btw, They call themselves "the most band" in the world because the "best" was already taken by a rival German band called 'Die Ärzte' (The Doctors)).

"Knurrkater" = "Purr-Cat", "Menschenfleisch" = "Human Flesh"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)