Moldavite (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
MOLDAVITE

Forest-green glassified vitreous silica

fell to Earth on the back of a humpback whale.

Six trillion megatons of meteor broke the sound barrier,

dissipating in lithosphere, consigned the cargo in fusing heat.

This starburst event, on Earth’s calendar now 15 million years,

gave impetus to Venus of Willendorf clansmen

who knew this crystalline artefact 25,000 years ago.

Badged on their body armour, and special status guaranteed

for their shaman in the antelope cape.

Rather than shatter, the green glass pacified

those in its new home. Tales of beauty and rarity

slowly leaked to the outside world.

The word “alien” both over-used and under-used,

quietly spoke of transformation, power, and the ability to heal.

This green specialness of spectrum,

found in nuggets and shards all over the impact zone,

confused our senses. Not carbon-based, but silica-based,

crystalline. Found near the flowing Moldau,

the original Bohemian Grove.

Try as we might, we cannot replicate

what came from regions unknown.

Moldavite.jpg

Last edited:

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Is it true that moldovite is made from melted silica, thus it's like glass, and has no crystalline structure, it's amorphous. I'm not saying it doesn't have special powers, I'm wondering why people keep calling this a "crystal" when it's amorphous, it has no regular crystalline structure. And I assumed crystals, with crystalline structures, had special powers BECAUSE of their different atomic layout in the crystalline structure. That is, they can filter, enhance, or even magnify certain energies.

And why is it always green no matter where it's from all over the world?

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Obsidian, similarly, isn't quite a crystal in that it isn't quite as ordered in its structure as a true crystal. Yet it does approach such a level of order and it does have properties of its own that are, perhaps, even more unique as a result.
As I've had the honor of sitting in a field of obsidian at a volcanic site where the obsidian flow had tumbled down a mountainside eons ago and I've felt it's power I'll be a hard one to convince that there is nothing crystalline in essence about this rock.

Moldavite, too, is formed from a collision of air, earth and fire which leaves a unique imprint on it.
Technically perhaps not a crystal. Yet very crystalline in its effect. And oh, so beautiful!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
As I've had the honor of sitting in a field of obsidian at a volcanic site where the obsidian flow had tumbled down a mountainside eons ago and I've felt it's power I'll be a hard one to convince that there is nothing crystalline in essence about this rock.
I've got 2 big chunks from a volcano in Mexico in the front and back yards. They help anchor our space. I agree - pick them up and you will say whoa!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I came back from our volcano trip with as much obsidian as I could cram into our space. It was one of those moments that transformed me, in the minds of my family, into a person who had a crazy love of rocks.

Since then I've gifted many pieces to kids and adults, always loving the look on their faces when they realized how amazing this rock/crystal/thing could be. And always with warnings to be careful as it can be very, very sharp. Cuts like glass since it is, essentially, volcanic glass.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Years ago when putting it under my pillow or wearing it around my neck during sleep I had Moldavite dreams. They were of different texture and very clear. Not lucid dreams but vivid dreams of a special kind. The effect wears off though it seems.
Anyway: Moldavite rocks!

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
I came back from our volcano trip with as much obsidian as I could cram into our space. It was one of those moments that transformed me, in the minds of my family, into a person who had a crazy love of rocks.

Since then I've gifted many pieces to kids and adults, always loving the look on their faces when they realized how amazing this rock/crystal/thing could be. And always with warnings to be careful as it can be very, very sharp. Cuts like glass since it is, essentially, volcanic glass.
How cool. You gotta bring me a piece next time you come to camp. :-D <3

• Cool Post
Reactions: Alain
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Is it true that moldovite is made from melted silica, thus it's like glass, and has no crystalline structure, it's amorphous. I'm not saying it doesn't have special powers, I'm wondering why people keep calling this a "crystal" when it's amorphous, it has no regular crystalline structure. And I assumed crystals, with crystalline structures, had special powers BECAUSE of their different atomic layout in the crystalline structure. That is, they can filter, enhance, or even magnify certain energies.

And why is it always green no matter where it's from all over the world?
I understand moldavite is either part of an incoming meteor (meaning already existing in form somewhere else) or was created by the heat fusion at the impact of the meteor. Moldavite (the green tektite) is only found in one strewnfield of a particular meteor - that of the Nordlinger Ries impact crater from 14.8 million years ago. The crater site is in southern Bavaria (Germany). The impact blast carried strewn objects over what is called Czech Republic today, but was called Bohemia and Moravia in earlier times. Other tektites in other impact craters around the world are generally nubbly, brown or black (like little black orbs or walnuts).

The following locality info is from http://www.moldaviteman.com/localities.html

MOLDAVITE is only found in the Czech Republic in the strewnfield areas of the Ries Impact Crater created by the impact of a meteorite/asteroid approximately 14.8 million years ago. These are some of the localities they are found in.

BESCEDNICE
The most sought after source locality. This area has been extensively mined and there is not much being found n this area. Some of the nicest structured Moldavite pieces come from this locale. The Besednice site moldavites come from the primary bed for brickworks. Moldavites findings are quite abundant in the form of latch, drops and particles. Color gray-green, velvety surface due to etching shapes sculpted in the loamy salt.

BABICE
SE of Netolic site. Deposits form the middle-sized fine sculpted moldavites. Color is yellow-green.

CHLUM
Also an older source locality. Quite a bit of the currently available material comes from this locale. Some nice pieces have come from this locale.

LHENICE
Rich deposits of moldavites size of walnuts with a nice deep sculpture in various shapes, mainly disks like a rotating ellipsoid. Dark yellow-green color and most have a white gloss.

LOČENICE
Deposits in sand pit close to the brickyard on the way from Ločenice to Besednice. Also several fields around Ločenice are also home to a good, dark yellow-green moldavite.

MALESICE
S. of Tyn near Vltavou. Smaller deposits of gray-green and green moldavite. Sculpting is partially slurred

MALOVIČKY
North from Netolice. Among Malovic and Malovická is a very nice moldavite site. Specimens as large as walnuts. Faint greenish color and having a lot of negative impressions from large bubbles.

MILÍKOVICE
Moldavite findings in the fields near the village. Green color with a partially wiped sculpting.

NEZNAŠOV
W from Tyn near Vltavou. Weaker bright green moldavite deposits on Calvary and in the field towards the spice box, in loamy sands are deposits of moldavite 30-100 cm below the surface. Roughs are small with delicate sculpting.

RYE
SW. from Netolice. The park site at Rye has bright green moldavite. Include transportation trite with a gray coating.

VRÁBČE
Moldavite deposits in three places. The New Inn, secluded in the forest and on the bend of the road to the station Vrábče. The other two sites are on the front of the station Vrábče Troupová field and then the forest on a hillside, in the fields by the river. Color green with beautifully preserve sculpting.

VODICE
S. of Netolice. Occurrence in the surrounding fields. yellow-green moldavite

Last edited:
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Years ago when putting it under my pillow or wearing it around my neck during sleep I had Moldavite dreams. They were of different texture and very clear. Not lucid dreams but vivid dreams of a special kind. The effect wears off though it seems.
Anyway: Moldavite rocks!
http://www.moldaviteman.com/localities.html
Moldavite Man confirms: "There are many benefits of this stone, and exposure to it, including, activating the dream state when worn while sleeping..."

• Love this post!
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Interesting: this stone could be used to help COVID-19 sufferers:

"Moldavite is known by healers and gem lovers across the world for its unusually powerful energetic and mystical properties. Moldavite energies fuse easily with the breath thus moldavite has a reputation for clearing oxygen related illness and discomfort. Others say that because of its high vibration, moldavite can be used to open, clear and balance any chakra. Some have reported people becoming anxious around moldavite; grounding is key to working with higher light stones."

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Kiera
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
"By 2020, it is estimated that current reserves will be exhausted and commercial mining of moldavite will cease. However, this prediction should probably be taken with a grain of salt, as such forecasts have been made several times since 2000."

http://www.treasuremountainmining.com/index.php?route=pavblog/blog&id=53

I wonder if, now that we have reached the depletion date, that is why I have heard about this stone psychically?

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Alain and Lila
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I wondererd why the strewn field was found in Czech Republic, whilst the crater from the impact is in southern Bavaria (Nordlingen), but this map shows the distance for the strewn objects is only about 194 kms.

CraterNordling_TectSlav0R.jpg

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I have re-written the poem slightly, taking on board some of the comments here, and as a poet, always want to be accurate as well as meaningful to the reader. (Also, motivated by me going to show it to my brother - I didn't think he would understand the reference to a humpback whale, which I recognise was a bit out there. Reason for it being, if you were standing on the ground, and the meteor came in, you might try to think of the biggest thing in your repertoire as to what was about to fall on you...) I think the revision makes for a better poem, so here it is:

MOLDAVITE

Forest-green glassified vitreous silica

fell to Earth with six trillion megatons of meteor.

Making landfall in a perfect round crater and blasting

the forested hills for 200 kilometres, breaking the sound barrier,

dissipating in the lithosphere, and consigning the cargo

in fusing heat. A panspermia fanfare, heralding change.

This starburst event, on Earth’s calendar now 15 million years,

gave impetus to Venus of Willendorf clansmen

who knew this uniquely coloured artefact 25,000 years ago.

Badged on their body armour, and special status guaranteed

for their shaman in the antelope cape.

Rather than shatter, the green glass pacified

those in its new home. Tales of beauty and rarity

slowly leaked to the outside world.

The word “alien” both over-used and under-used,

quietly spoke of transformation, power, and the ability to heal.

This green specialness of spectrum,

found in nuggets and bar-bells all over the impact zone,

confused our senses. Not carbon-based, but silica-based,

a resounding gem of cosmic beauty.

Found near the flowing Moldau, the original Bohemian Grove.

• Love this post!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I find it really intriguing that you feel inspired to write about moldavite right now, esp in connection to some of these concepts: green glass pacifiying those in its new home, sliica based, the Venus of Willendorf clansmen and my favorite line :A panspermia fanfare, heralding change"

I wonder, why these ponderings now?
It gives me reason to smile:)

• Love this post!
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I find it really intriguing that you feel inspired to write about moldavite right now, esp in connection to some of these concepts: green glass pacifiying those in its new home, sliica based, the Venus of Willendorf clansmen and my favorite line :A panspermia fanfare, heralding change"

I wonder, why these ponderings now?
It gives me reason to smile:)
The whole topic came up for me when I clairaudiently heard the word "Moldavite" without exactly knowing what it was, when reading a thread posted by MaryAnn, about the coming changes. So it has been an exploration for me, and "what is old is new again", perhaps.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Alain and Lila
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Synchronistically, I left this page and found this advert waiting for me:

Jane Burns presenting a free webinar on "Celtic Virtues and Shamanic Ways, for a Conscious, Grounded, Heartfelt Life", being presented on Wed, June 24, 5:30pm PT/8:30pm ET, duration approx. 60 minutes.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
The whole topic came up for me when I clairaudiently heard the word "Moldavite" without exactly knowing what it was,
Me too! I was meditating on what I needed to "go forward", and I heard the word "Moldavite". I had never even heard the word before... had to go look it up.

I found a couple of extremely large pieces that I treasure. The energy off them is wildly strong. Sadly I lost one a few weeks ago. I am making the assumption that someone else needed it worse than me, and it has found its way to them.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Me too! When I first read this thread I got this message "It's time to get this." And I don't know much about it.

When I went on a trip to meet my sister we went to a woo woo shop with lots of rocks. Some of the items had energy just streaming off of them, it was so strong. And I still consider myself fairly new to all this.

Is there an Amazon seller that sells Moldavite that's actually Moldavite, that won't break the bank? A pendant might be nice.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Is there an Amazon seller that sells Moldavite that's actually Moldavite, that won't break the bank? A pendant might be nice.
Link to a local store that will ship. I've gone there for many, many years and trust them. Put moldavite in the search box and many items will come up. Some are a bit of an investment, but several options are in the more affordable range.

https://naturestreasuresatx.com

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
Moldavite is quite expensive, but it is worth it. I checked the link Linda supplied, and they are in line with what I paid in Canada from a trusted local supplier.

The one I lost a few weeks ago was the same size as a small crystal that I would pay for $2-$3 for. The Moldavite was just under $100 CAD.

Keep in mind that size doesn't necessarily matter. I have held small pieces that were totally buzzing, and larger pieces that didn't resonate with me.

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
i will look in my country is there is a place it is sold, due to it s quite small size it could be i oversaw it during a visitation

• Cool Post
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt and Lila

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
800 to 900 km it seems

big distance for me, laughable for a person who lives out of europe

• Funny
Reactions: Lila
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
800 to 900 km it seems

big distance for me, laughable for a person who lives out of europe
You know us Aussies - get out into the car, pedal to the metal, we could do that distance there and back in a day! Obviously hard borders in Europe might have changed all that, with COVID - but in our State we can go a long way without thinking about turning back.

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
I started carrying my moldavite in my pocket again after letting it charge in sunlight and moonlight for a few weeks. Wow, it never ceases to amaze me as to just how powerful it is. My Crown chakra is tingling, as is my third eye. It feels like someone is trying to pick me up by the ears.

Alain and Hailstones Melt - I had to chuckle at your comments about distance. It sure is relative isn't it? We Canadians are also used to long distances. Pucksterguy is about 1800 km from me. If I was going for a visit, I would drive it in one long day and wouldn't bat an eye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)