Article Judgment — Truth or a Lack of Awareness? by Brad Austen (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
Being human, it is very easy to pass judgment on others without really thinking things through and without knowing all the facts. Let's face it; I am sure we have all passed judgment at one time or another. When another person judges us in a negative way, it can be hurtful, particularly if they don't know all of the facts or our situation. Most people have a limited awareness, so they see things from a distorted perspective. If someone, such as a family member or friend, judges you, realize it's just that they have a limited awareness about the particular issue. It can feel natural to want to defend oneself and set them straight. Realize that when someone judges you it's never really personal, it's just the way they see things through their own distortions.

If someone judges you but subsequently asks you questions in relation to this, feel free to calmly explain your situation, if you wish. Sometimes this may not be enough, if they have very fixed opinions. Sometimes, part of the problem is that as individuals we are each so unique and different. Quite often, other people won't understand us or our motivations. It can be helpful to accept that a particular person thinks differently to you or perhaps perceives life in a different way.

For this very reason, we won't all be close to everyone we meet in life. Just as we gravitate towards certain people, as we grow and evolve some will also naturally fall away. We are all at different stages in our journey, with lessons tailored to our growth. Often, those who don't wish to grow in consciousness may try to hold back those who do. For this reason, not all friendships and relationships will last a lifetime. Acceptance and forgiveness are great tools and coping strategies for moving forward.

Accepting people the way they are, without trying to change or control them, is the best approach. It honours both their beauty and their flaws. Forgiveness is mostly an 'inside job', along with making peace with our past, letting go and moving on. It is a liberating experience. Forgiving someone starts with having the intent to do so. Emotionally, it is like removing another layer from our emotional body and becoming less emotionally burdened. Realizing that you may be viewing someone, or a situation, from a limited perspective can be part of the learning process.

We can also be our own worst enemy by judging our own perceived mistakes and being overly critical of our choices. Life on Earth is a school and, like in any school, sometimes we have to repeat certain grades or lessons. We all learn and evolve in our own time, so we shouldn't feel we have to rush through the process. Some people can advance a great deal in one lifetime, whereas for another to achieve the same may take a hundred lifetimes. Letting go of judgment is important for advancing our consciousness and spiritual awareness. What someone else is experiencing is likely something you have experienced yourself at one time.

Sometimes trying to convey a point to someone can be difficult if they haven't yet reached that understanding or awareness. Knowing when to speak and when to be silent can be learned through experience and wisdom. Accepting that not everyone will 'get you', or understand your life, is part of growing in wisdom. Wish everyone in your life well, and recognize that everyone is there for a reason, to teach you something, or vice versa.

In closing, realize that those who are overly judgmental have the most to learn. Don't be too concerned about their judgments, but feel free to fill them in if they question you about something. In a perfect world everyone would accept and love everyone else as they are, but we aren't quite there yet. Human consciousness still has a long way to go, but many leaps and bounds can be made through awareness and intent. In a greater sense, we are all a part of the same 'Being', so when you judge another you are really judging yourself. The path of growing in love and light is the deeper reason we are here, and sharing that with others can help transform our world.

By Brad Austen © 2022.

https://www.mindful-meditations.com

Brad is an intuitive writer, channel, spiritual and meditation teacher and recording artist. He is passionate about writing and producing guided meditations to aid relaxation, healing and spiritual growth.

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Knowing when to speak and when to be silent can be learned through experience and wisdom. Accepting that not everyone will 'get you', or understand your life, is part of growing in wisdom. Wish everyone in your life well, and recognize that everyone is there for a reason, to teach you something, or vice versa.
and there you have it - knowing when to be silent and smile has been a great gift in my life. Only took me 60 years to work that out. :-D

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Something that I've also noticed is that people can be wired neurologically in an opposite way. It can be people that we love. I live with the person I'm thinking about, and I notice that the toilet roll goes on the opposite way; the dishes go in the rack facing backwards; etc etc. Of course, those are easy examples. There are a lot of differences in the outcomes of our thinking and perception as well.

Different wiring. But that doesn't change the quantity and quality of our love. It just means we're different.

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Linda
OP
Brad

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
Something that I've also noticed is that people can be wired neurologically in an opposite way. It can be people that we love. I live with the person I'm thinking about, and I notice that the toilet roll goes on the opposite way; the dishes go in the rack facing backwards; etc etc. Of course, those are easy examples. There are a lot of differences in the outcomes of our thinking and perception as well.

Different wiring. But that doesn't change the quantity and quality of our love. It just means we're different.
Thanks for sharing, we are all indeed different and unique. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)