Info Introduction to the Conscious Parenting Board (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
Welcome to the Conscious Parenting Board.

As said, it can take a village to raise a child. However, in today's world we often find ourselves isolated from our community. This can be very challenging, especially when raising children in a world that is changing rapidly.

Gifted little ones can arrive, meaning we need to think outside the box. It is now easier to guide and teach our children with healthier methods and techniques as this information is more readily available.

This is a space to share and discuss alternative and more conscious ways of parenting including topics such as vaccines, un-schooling, music education, natural home remedies, past life memories, parenting struggles, and communicating challenging topics such as death.

Looking forward to sharing our experiences on parenthood on this board together!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Well, I can say one thing. Calm silence may be the better guidance. To be their rock, rather than their megaphone. I have found that offering too much advice (based on real experience!!) tends to push my rebellious one to an opposite standpoint.

OP
G

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
I have found that offering too much advice (based on real experience!!) tends to push my rebellious one to an opposite standpoint.
I've been there myself! My parents used to drive me nuts with their well-intended advice and indeed nudged me to the opposite end regularly. At the time, I felt disconnected from my parents, due to our dysfunctional and abusive relationship and very traumatic life events. Also, I've felt the adult in that relationship almost my entire life so it was hard for me to accept anything from them.

Now that I have a child myself I see them through more sympathetic eyes and understand they did the best they could with what they had. While I still don't have a great relationship with my parents, am more accepting of them.

Calm silence may be the better guidance. To be their rock, rather than their megaphone.
Beautifully said HM! I would like to be this calm presence for my children :)

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)