How would you have dealt with this? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
This happened on BBC news today. I find it very funny, especially the panicked actions of the mother.

How would you have dealt with this situation.?

I hope I would have said "Excuse me for a minute please" and ushered my child from the room and shut the door, then continued with the interview.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I once heard about a lecturer whose children showed up outside the lecture room window, saw their parent lecturing to an esteemed audience and proceeded to make faces, funny (to them) motions with their bodies, borderline unsafe actions and everything else they could thing of to get the attention they wanted.
Because of the way the lecturn and audience faced, only the lecturer could see them.
Bet there were some choice words said later about 'concentration' and 'appropriateness':ROFL:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
LOL!!! I think that is just awesome! I'm sure he was completely at a loss as to what to do...and his response was just fine, IMHO. I mean, he could have been a bit more understanding and kind, but when s$*t happens, sometimes your mind blanks. I'm pretty sure his did.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Haha! That's a work from home fail! But I love the reality of it all too. He is a professional w children. I love it! It's great!

I would have done the same and let my spouse take care of it too. But Idk, I would need to be in the situation to really know what I'd do. And yes, I probably would have gone blank too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)