Have you got an intriguing item to share from home? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
image.jpeg

When I lived in North Arkansas I found this shovel. It's very old and the handle is hand carved. The woman who lived on that land before me found Indian arrowheads and other artifacts. Her family lived there for many generations and she said the Osage Indians used to live on our land. I believe the shovel might have belonged to an Indian child that lived there around the 1900's because its a fairly modern shovel. The shovel part is metal and Indians were trading a lot with white people in the area in the 1900's. Goods were easily brought in by train during that time.

The Osage Nation, originally named Ni-u-kon-ska means, “People of the Middle Waters”. They were the tallest race of men in North America at six and a half to seven feet tall. They have been associated with people who live deep in the earth in the numerous caves and caverns in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas. Every once in a while very tall, very white people are seen at the entrances to the caverns. Rumors and stories of the tall white people who live in middle earth abound in Arkansas. Here's a story of one such discovery by a group of explorers.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/branton/cushman.html

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Finally caught one of the peeps in action in back yard. Heh love the look on his/her face.
Oh noooo. We've had too many up close and personal experiences. Last night, I walked into the kitchen and was smacked in the nose with one of their calling cards - must have let loose on that side of the house.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Oh noooo. We've had too many up close and personal experiences. Last night, I walked into the kitchen and was smacked in the nose with one of their calling cards - must have let loose on that side of the house.
:ROFL::-D:-))

We've got a couple that hang around our pond in the back yard. We just bought one of those night vision type game cameras and have been enjoying seeing who's been prowling around after hours.

Between the neighborhood roaming cats, skunks, opossums, and raccoons, it's a busy place after dark!!!

We call one of the skunks "Waddles". That's because...well, he does!

O.o:D

Solnarehyah

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 3, 2016
Morton, Pennsylvania
I want to introduce my pet rock! I love rocks and stones and pebbles. I collect them and play with them and then I take them back to the river. I use them for massage and reflexology if they are basalt and can hold the heat.

About a year ago, I was walking with my friend Anna when I found this rock in the river bed.

Then, whilst I was musing over the deep indentation and wondering if I could find a stone to fit in it, Anna handed me one. As I slotted it in, I felt something within me slot into place too. It was an amazing feeling. I was so excited I slept with it by my bed and kept waking in the night to stroke it.

I still have it on my window sill and regularly touch it in wonder. It reminds me of the magic of life and how I interact with it. The small stone feels like me and the larger one feels like the Earth.
how insightful!

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
We just bought one of those night vision type game cameras and have been enjoying seeing who's been prowling around after hours.
Looking forward to seeing a few you have caught on camera! ;ps

This is my intriguing item.
When I lived in North Arkansas I found this shovel.
I loved hearing about the story behind these two.

This method of sharing would be a great way to teach young folk in a home schooling/unschooling type situation , especially if those sharing are friends of those learning.

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here is a pottery type of sculpture that my cousin Robyn created years ago. Robyn was a very creative person and did win prizes for wearable arts costumes before she died of cancer back 2005. (The World of Wearable Art, known as WOW, is a renowned international design competition here in New Zealand that attracts hundreds of entries from all over the world. Among the prizes, finalists can win internships with leading creative companies such as Weta Workshop. (https://www.worldofwearableart.com/about/))

I am not sure what inspired Robyn, but this is obviously an ET based design. I didn't mean to focus on an ET theme but thought this was interesting to share.

et2.jpg
On the top of this piece is an interesting symbol/design. I applied the below image with a filter to provide some ancient atmosphere. :)s

et1.jpg

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Looking forward to seeing a few you have caught on camera! ;ps
Here are a couple...

The first one's of an opossum and a skunk, the second one is a skunk, and the third is a raccoon! It's a "happenin'" place after dark, apparently. :) I'm still trying to figure the camera out and lighting/focus are a bit touchy, but we're getting there!

Attachments

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
Here is a pottery type of sculpture that my cousin Robyn created years ago. Robyn was a very creative person and did win prizes for wearable arts costumes before she died of cancer back 2005. (The World of Wearable Art, known as WOW, is a renowned international design competition here in New Zealand that attracts hundreds of entries from all over the world. Among the prizes, finalists can win internships with leading creative companies such as Weta Workshop. (https://www.worldofwearableart.com/about/))

I am not sure what inspired Robyn, but this is obviously an ET based design. I didn't mean to focus on an ET theme but thought this was interesting to share.

On the top of this piece is an interesting symbol/design. I applied the below image with a filter to provide some ancient atmosphere. :)s

That symbol somehow reminds me of "symbols in an alien sky"...

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2015/02/18/discourses-on-an-alien-sky-series-2/

I don't seem to be able to load episode one right now so I'm putting the link to the page... very interesting page :)

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
meet Max, my long time friend and companion. He is what every women wants, stays where he is put, never argues, is cuddly only when i want. Makes no demands and he is cute! Only joking! To me he is the best bear ever. The story behind him? I won him in a raffle, so we were obviously meant to be together. Thats it just wanted to share.

Attachments

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
meet Max, my long time friend and companion. He is what every women wants, stays where he is put, never argues, is cuddly only when i want. Makes no demands and he is cute! Only joking! To me he is the best bear ever. The story behind him? I won him in a raffle, so we were obviously meant to be together. Thats it just wanted to share.
I was a stuffed animal lover when I was little (looks around to make sure nobody's looking and lowers his voice to a whisper)...still am, actually. O.o:D

I've got a good sized collection of bears that are very special. But don't tell anybody... :-D

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland

They are really touching Laron, the first face seems familiar in a strange way. Clever.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I was a stuffed animal lover when I was little (looks around to make sure nobody's looking and lowers his voice to a whisper)...still am, actually. O.o:D

I've got a good sized collection of bears that are very special. But don't tell anybody... :-D
Very cute Stargazer. Not the teddies, you <3

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Hello Max. Welcome to the RoundTable. Looking forward to your contributions. :rolleyes:

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
View attachment 859

When I lived in North Arkansas I found this shovel. It's very old and the handle is hand carved. The woman who lived on that land before me found Indian arrowheads and other artifacts. Her family lived there for many generations and she said the Osage Indians used to live on our land. I believe the shovel might have belonged to an Indian child that lived there around the 1900's because its a fairly modern shovel. The shovel part is metal and Indians were trading a lot with white people in the area in the 1900's. Goods were easily brought in by train during that time.

The Osage Nation, originally named Ni-u-kon-ska means, “People of the Middle Waters”. They were the tallest race of men in North America at six and a half to seven feet tall. They have been associated with people who live deep in the earth in the numerous caves and caverns in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas. Every once in a while very tall, very white people are seen at the entrances to the caverns. Rumors and stories of the tall white people who live in middle earth abound in Arkansas. Here's a story of one such discovery by a group of explorers.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/branton/cushman.html
I read all of that article Vickie, absolutely fascinating! I am going to read it again tomorrow and maybe explore more because I believe there are similar caves and tunnel complexes here in Scotland too. Thank you for sharing this. I love it and your shovel.

Lois

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
image.jpeg This is my bedside table with all my treasures o:)
Hag stones, which I collect and were ancient Druidic totems (they were said to give sight beyond sight and into the Otherworld); sea glass; and crystals (inc crystal beads when they break) - there's rose quartz, clear and smokey quartz, larimar, opalite, moonstone, and a couple of stones people gifted me and I'm not 100% sure what they may be!

The picture is by my angel friend, brother from another mother and true beautiful soul who passed two years back.

They're pretty humble as treasures go, but each has a story and personality and I love them all <3

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
View attachment 929 This is my bedside table with all my treasures o:)
Hag stones, which I collect and were ancient Druidic totems (they were said to give sight beyond sight and into the Otherworld); sea glass; and crystals (inc crystal beads when they break) - there's rose quartz, clear and smokey quartz, larimar, opalite, moonstone, and a couple of stones people gifted me and I'm not 100% sure what they may be!

The picture is by my angel friend, brother from another mother and true beautiful soul who passed two years back.

They're pretty humble as treasures go, but each has a story and personality and I love them all <3

What a cache of treasures! I was once told by a medicine woman that stones with natural holes were special so I have collected a few when I see them, but never heard of them called hag stones until you mentioned that. Thank you for the lesson! I shall look for them again. I noticed I placed one at my entrance. Perhaps that was a good idea.

Lois

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
What a cache of treasures! I was once told by a medicine woman that stones with natural holes were special so I have collected a few when I see them, but never heard of them called hag stones until you mentioned that. Thank you for the lesson! I shall look for them again. I noticed I placed one at my entrance. Perhaps that was a good idea.
It might just be the British name for them? Here they're called hag stones or adder/serpent stones (because they form the infinity symbol of the orouboros, the snake swallowing its own tail). They are great talismans to have at doors and windows.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adder_stone

xxxx

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland

Love that Lois, especially the sea glass. Used to spend hours collecting it in Thailand. Once I get some money, crystals are first on my list, after socks and knickers.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

I see green for the heart chakra and blue tones moving higher up, and there is a lot of natural energy in the collection. With the stones with holes (hag stones you called them?) I get the words: eyes on the ground. Also, it's as if the cosmic artist (time and rolling waves in underwater currents perhaps swishing the stones backwards and forwards) has bore-drilled the holes ready for the elemental or human being to hang them as a pendant. What a treat. I also feel, having these at your bedside is opening a connection in sleep to the universal field of energy, or ocean.

Lois

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
I see green for the heart chakra and blue tones moving higher up, and there is a lot of natural energy in the collection. With the stones with holes (hag stones you called them?) I get the words: eyes on the ground. Also, it's as if the cosmic artist (time and rolling waves in underwater currents perhaps swishing the stones backwards and forwards) has bore-drilled the holes ready for the elemental or human being to hang them as a pendant. What a treat. I also feel, having these at your bedside is opening a connection in sleep to the universal field of energy, or ocean.
I absolutely agree, and do wear the smaller ones as pendants. Let me know your postal address and I'll send you one. I'll see which one wants to come to you xxx

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)