Have you got an intriguing item to share from home? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
It could be a statue, or a painting. It may be a framed photograph or even a vase. Perhaps you have a stuffed animal of some kind sitting in a corner? Have you got something to share along with a story behind it?

I first came across this statue below at my sisters place yesterday, as she was planning to sell it at a flea market — it now has a new home. That is a very short story on my part, but perhaps I will return with a few more items on this thread at a later date! O.O

alien.jpg

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We have several antiques that belonged to our grandparents. This is a phone table with chair.
In the olden days, homes had only 1 phone, which was hardwired into a connector box. Clearly, special furniture for telephones was needed, but long phone calls were not anticipated because no one could sit on that little chair for long. Some homes even had alcoves built into the wall, in which the phone sat.
When I was little, my grandmother would let me have dessert here - my own, special table. o:)

phone table.jpg

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
I first came across this statue below at my sisters place yesterday, as she was planning to sell it at a flea market — it now has a new home. That is a very short story on my part, but perhaps I will return with a few more items on this thread at a later date! O.O

he has hair in his armpits how cute!!! O.o:D :-))

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I want to introduce my pet rock! I love rocks and stones and pebbles. I collect them and play with them and then I take them back to the river. I use them for massage and reflexology if they are basalt and can hold the heat.

About a year ago, I was walking with my friend Anna when I found this rock in the river bed.

Then, whilst I was musing over the deep indentation and wondering if I could find a stone to fit in it, Anna handed me one. As I slotted it in, I felt something within me slot into place too. It was an amazing feeling. I was so excited I slept with it by my bed and kept waking in the night to stroke it.

I still have it on my window sill and regularly touch it in wonder. It reminds me of the magic of life and how I interact with it. The small stone feels like me and the larger one feels like the Earth.

Attachments

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
Pod , this is so wonderful, i love your story with the stones!
it reminds me a little of a book i just read, "The slow regard of silent things"... some things just are meant to be at certain places, and things really do like being in the right place for them in a certain arrangement... and some people are there to find and feel how things should be and want to be so that the natural order is in place, like these two stones.

i looked at my flat in search of an intriguing object but didnt feel like any of it is intriguing in a sense that it has a story or that it would be in and of itself intriguing. i have many found things from nature, cheap ikea furniture and self-made things like paintings and a drum but that wasnt it.
but now i think... this book, this is it! the story inside is so intriguing without even being a story, it is more of a description of a character and in so many ways she is me. but the cover is really beautiful i think. intriguing.
it just wanted to be placed near that messing plate and the candlelight.

IMG_20160901_214238.jpg

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Pod , this is so wonderful, i love your story with the stones!
it reminds me a little of a book i just read, "The slow regard of silent things"... some things just are meant to be at certain places, and things really do like being in the right place for them in a certain arrangement... and some people are there to find and feel how things should be and want to be so that the natural order is in place, like these two stones.

i looked at my flat in search of an intriguing object but didnt feel like any of it is intriguing in a sense that it has a story or that it would be in and of itself intriguing. i have many found things from nature, cheap ikea furniture and self-made things like paintings and a drum but that wasnt it.
but now i think... this book, this is it! the story inside is so intriguing without even being a story, it is more of a description of a character and in so many ways she is me. but the cover is really beautiful i think. intriguing.
it just wanted to be placed near that messing plate and the candlelight.

View attachment 802
So happy you like my stones and their finding of me story. I found your book, it looks wonderful, I like this, "Alister Davison of Starbust Magazine writes: "It is wonderfully written, the prose verging on poetic in places... There's a sense that Rothfuss has chosen every one of those words with great care and precision, using them to tell a story that's lyrical, heart-felt and unique."

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Do you think it is eclipse magic? I feel it too!
It's YOU magic, Pod!!! We're all MUCH grander and magnificent (and magical) than we've ever thought...that's what we're all just beginning to find out!

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
This here is my rolling pin. It was my grandma's before she passed away. I have no idea how old it is already but I love it, it lies good in my hands and dough doesnt stick too much to it compared to other rolling pins.
Every time I use it I think of my grandma's delicious "Apfelstrudel" (a speciality in Germany/Austria), I never found anyone anywhere that tasted as good as hers did :)
This here is Apfelstrudel:

and here's the rolling pin lolP1140180.jpg

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
This here is my rolling pin. It was my grandma's before she passed away. I have no idea how old it is already but I love it, it lies good in my hands and dough doesnt stick too much to it compared to other rolling pins.
Every time I use it I think of my grandma's delicious "Apfelstrudel" (a speciality in Germany/Austria), I never found anyone anywhere that tasted as good as hers did :)
This here is Apfelstrudel:

and here's the rolling pin lolView attachment 807
Yes I can resonate with that! They do not make things the way they used to. Lovely pin. I bet the wood is full of great energies which affect the dough. Thanks Samara. I have nothing from my Grandmother but I can imagine how I would love to cook using something of hers. When you pass it to your daughter it will be an heirloom.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Samara, I can see how special it is - a wonderful addition to the magic.
The apfelstrudel looks delicious.
My Grandmother made the best cobbler. o:)s

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This is my intriguing item. There is a Taoist story about the 3 star gods (of Orion's belt). In the Arabic, they are Mintaka, Alnitak, and Alnilam. All these in Arabic mean the belt, the girdle and the string of pearls. The Chinese had their own depictions for these stars.

From http://phoenixqi.blogspot.com.au/2007/07/symbolism-of-orions-belt.html:

In China, the three stars of Orion's Belt represented the Three Pristine Ones in Daoism: Celestial Worthy of Numinous Treasure, Celestial Worthy of Original Beginnings, Celestial Worthy of the Dao and Inner Power.

Also from China, the three belt stars represented the Chinese Star Lords of Good Fortune whose worship began in the 15th c., Fu (Prosperity/Wealth), Lu (Success) and Shu (Longevity). However, Shu was worshipped much earlier, as early as the 3rd c. BCE

In my picture, they are displayed as Shu, Fu and Lu. I don't worry about the mythological meanings too much, but just use it as a reminder to our relationships with the constellations. Multidimensional history lessons are going to be so much fun!

2016-09-05 13.21.58.jpg

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
Hailstones Melt, you have solved a mystery for me. My father, who is deceased, gave me two of these Chinese Star Lords without explanation (center and right). He picked them up during his travels. This was an uncharacteristic gift. I was puzzled by them. They remain in my study on a window pane with a pantheon of spiritual and religious artifacts. I wonder what happened to the third star lord, but now I know why these two came into my life.

If my father kept Shu ( longevity) for himself, it worked. He was 97 when he died. His second wife is still alive. She is 98.

Last edited:

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Hailstones Melt, you have solved a mystery for me. My father, who is deceased, gave me two of these Chinese Star Lords without explanation (center and right). He picked them up during his travels. This was an uncharacteristic gift. I was puzzled by them. They remain in my study on a window pane with a pantheon of spiritual and religious artifacts. I wonder what happened to the third star lord, but now I know why these two came into my life.
That is great isn't it? Mystery solved.

Samara

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Passau, Germany
maybe you yourself represent the third one :)

J

John Swails

Finally caught one of the peeps in action in back yard. Heh love the look on his/her face. They fight a raccoon out in the yard almost nightly. I gave them a bunch of corn I grew and let them knaw on that for a while.

Attachments

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Finally caught one of the peeps in action in back yard. Heh love the look on his/her face. They fight a raccoon out in the yard almost nightly. I gave them a bunch of corn I grew and let them gnaw on that for a while.
Oh John what a great shot. I can see exactly what he is thinking "Oh shit!"

Reactions: Linda and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)