Germany To Cut Down Reinhardswald Forest for Wind Farm (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Clearing of 2000 hectares in one of the last undisturbed forests has begun as State of Hesse issues the construction approval for massive industrial wind park. The Reinhardswald is known as the “treasure house of European forests” or the “Grimm’s fairy tale forest”.

My first question is to Sinera - is this true? The sources I've read are in the US, so I cannot be sure. I will say, as a person who lives in a windy place and a fair number of wind farms that they don't work that well. Then of course, there is the issue of the total footprint as compared with the actual output of electricity. When you look at the big picture, it is disturbing.

The Reinhardswald never had a chance. Not in Hesse. Not in this power structure, in whose ‘care’ the state-owned, widely known Reinhardswald is now to be cleared, chopped up, concreted over, built on – treated like any other industrial area along any motorway. Only a few kilometers away — in North Rhine-Westphalia and in Lower Saxony — the Reinhardswald would have been safe as a historically old, large-scale forest site worthy of protection, particularly significant in terms of biodiversity. But not in Hesse.
Conservation group Aktionsbündnis Märchenland is stunned by the granted approval – but not surprised. From the very beginning, this project in the Reinhardswald forest district was rammed through in a manner of an overlord against all protests from municipalities, groups, initiatives, associations and, in any case, over the heads of the people affected, as a prestige project of the Hessian state government.
For years, the project developers have been able to rely on the political and technical support from Wiesbaden – right up to the approval process. The Regional Council of Kassel, which is bound by directives, only needed to implement them.
The largest wind turbine project in Hesse, with over 14 kilometres of new and upgraded roads capable of carrying heavy loads, is now to be built in the valuable eco-system of the forest, which is also the heart of a demonstrably historically old forest site with a history of over 1000 years going back to Medieval times.

• Jaw Dropping Post
Reactions: June

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
My first question is to @Sinera - is this true?
I don't know but I assume it is true. I must admit I've heard nothing about it so far. The reason is that meanwhile I have cut out any mainstream media from my perception because I can't stand it no more and in some of the alternative media (which I also reduced, I actually am living on an information island almost right now) I assume I would have to look for it. Sorry that I can't be of help right now.

• Thank you!
Reactions: Linda

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Hansel and Gretel.jpg

This is what we're losing, people! We need deep forests.

• I agree
Reactions: Linda

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
That Grimm's Hansel & Gretel story scared the shit out of me as a child.
:-D

But yes, we need deep forests for sure. Thank goodness we have lots in Germany still. I live directly next to one although it's not a deep forest but I took a walk today there and it was beautiful.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)