Free Will (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
A bit of a broad topic here, but what are your thoughts concerning free will?

:p
My thoughts or at least some of them would be that each and every one of us on here contains free will. You are expressing said will as you read these words. As souls it is a given as we left Source, thus the separation which allowed for individualized sparks.

What is free will exactly? The freedom of choice. The choice that I've made to write this thread. A flavor of ice cream on a sunny day. A path to walk on the infinite array of possibilities that are available. You choose what to do.

Some would argue against free will as Destiny dictates a set path which is already chosen, thus the illusion of free will. Yet, this demonstrates the minute response which free will allows. The ability to believe in anything. To do something or to refrain from doing the same thing. Both showing your ability to choose. Our destiny is but a path, which curves and molds to our choices. Your potential. Latent or not it is your choice to decide.

Free will is a conciousness tool to grow spiritually. We are accountable for our own decisions. It is a great power to be able to choose freely. To make dreams into realities or to dream in the first place. Yet, I feel as we grow spiritually, we give up that individual part for that greater whole of unity (to a certain extent, of course).

As we start to do things that align with divine will or our higher self... Then, the doubt of deciding exactly which path to walk lessons or even becomes non-existant as we pick the route of our potential. There are many paths to the peak, yet only one point. If you are true to yourself, then your choices in life become closer to who you are in truth. Thus, you start to know that no matter what you choose to do, everything will be alright. Whatever challenges that you've written on the scroll of destiny, you'll meet sincerely.

Souls have a natural state of being, love. We were given free will; however, we will eventually be drawn back to that natural state of being. The mystery of our beggining & the beggining of our end. Magnets that can never be taken apart. Each of us has a unique essence, a different taste of love, which we will each eventually bring back to that great, vast, cosmic cooking pot. <3s

:-D Free will is but the spice(s) of life.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
What comes to me is that while there are visual indicators of what defines our reality through our five human senses, and combined with what science can explain, there is a lot more going on outside of this reality which we have access to.

I sense planes, or realms—depending on how one may use such a label—that govern space and time. The Earth is in one of these planes and it has a whole bunch of rules, similar to how physics defines various concepts and understandings.

Our plane here enables us to have a certain about of free will, which has already been explained to a degree above by Brian as to why we have it. (I have no doubts that we have it.)

However I believe that we have less freewill than we realise because of so many other influences, some I have personally came to know more about through my psychic senses and I just seem to understand freewill very well based on observing events in my life very closely, and 'knowing' about why things happened to me.

I will provide an example of one of these influences. Our consciousness—the full spark which belongs to the aspect that came down here from our over-soul—is not always fully in existence in our physical body when awake. What this means is that there are times when a part of it is absent, and our freewill is therefore lowered.

Also in regards to that spark, when it’s not fully there, another consciously aware energy can be there beside part of us, and be part of the decision making process. This happens for good reason. Sometimes it’s required as a person needs to be nudged into a certain direction based on their learning and soul contract. This is different to the influence that a guide may have over us externally, and is more of a direct approach as a facet of our energy is controlled.

Most, if not all of the time, no one can detect that occurring as it’s not meant to be detected, as that is just one of the rules or laws of this plane.

Without freewill three would be no need for the meta-universe concept, which is required for the growth of our over-soul so that each decision in life can lead to a new experience, in an unlimited way.

There are so many influences that impact our free will, and ego is also one. With a lot of people, many decisions are made based on ego, and that can be looked at as separate to who we are. The more we gain control over the ego, the more free will we have.

Astrological influences are one of the main aspects controlling our free will. Our lives are defined by our birth.

The shift in consciousness influences us based on the ongoing energies coming in from various sources.

The sun sending waves of energy from a CME or coronal hole, also influences us mentally and emotionally—our decision making. Again, this comes down to ego most of the time, as it stimulates certain elements of it, but also effects the decision making process.

So much could be said, but I better leave some space for someone else now!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The Tao is the Pathless Path.... another way to describe it would be to be walking on cloud mist - and leaving no footprints. More intense filters of perception are applied the more ego you have. As that dissolves, there are more possibilities, some of them outside of any boundaries we hence had chosen to recognise and accept (put in place). Another example would be: a writer might think s/he had to write something, to validate what he thinks he is - a writer. But sitting in front of the blank page, that is where he decides to leave it. A blank page is still a statement of perspective. That is why some mystical people leave no trace of their ever having existed.

By asserting free will, one asserts ego, up to a certain point. That is creating a life story perhaps within a bigger framework than one who accepts domination and control. But it is still playing between the lines, because when you go outside the lines, your ego dissolves and there is no you left to make a statement, but just be.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
According to many sources, it has been the aim of those in power to take the free will away from most people. Also, I believe that darkness is rarely a choice, more often it is something brought to you and you have to handle it somehow.
In many cases however, I believe "darkness" is a choice. I know a lot of people who choose to suffer (remain in undesirable circumstances) simply because it's too difficult for them to take responsibility for themselves and make a different choice instead. Instead of working to improve their situation, they shrug their shoulders and say, "oh well. That's just the way I am." Then they continue to complain about how bad things are for them.

Life is always about choice.

We may not always be able to change the things that happen to us, but we can certainly change the way we feel and how we react to them...and sometimes that makes all the difference in the world!

:)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
[QUOTE
We may not always be able to change the things that happen to us, but we can certainly change the way we feel and how we react to them...and sometimes that makes all the difference in the world!
:)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe that part is probably what we have the most free will about... how to react to what we are given. If we each start with our own circumstances to deal with, it is within the whole picture that is bigger than any individual's perspective. By our reactions, we create our own bit of/ripples in/waves of reality within the bigger whole. I like the ripples/waves analogies because of how, with these analogies, our input inherently interacts with the whole.
Reacting or not reacting in any obvious way, each is a choice; each has its own consequences, as our waves ripple out <3

PS (where is that 'ripple' emoticon when I need it, lol! See what happens when you let folks loose with emoticons :-D)

Out of Time

Roaming Contributor
Sep 5, 2016
Stargazer , this may be right, but if you look below the surface, you may found external influence affecting those decisions such as childhood traumas and toxic beliefs encouraging obedience.

Reactions: Stargazer and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
[QUOTE
:)
Yes, I believe that part is probably what we have the most free will about... how to react to what we are given. If we each start with our own circumstances to deal with, it is within the whole picture that is bigger than any individual's perspective. By our reactions, we create our own bit of/ripples in/waves of reality within the bigger whole. I like the ripples/waves analogies because of how, with these analogies, our input inherently interacts with the whole.
Reacting or not reacting in any obvious way, each is a choice; each has its own consequences, as our waves ripple out <3

PS (where is that 'ripple' emoticon when I need it, lol! See what happens when you let folks loose with emoticons :-D)[/QUOTE]

I have a ripple graphic!

pond_ripple.gif

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Stargazer , this may be right, but if you look below the surface, you may found external influence affecting those decisions such as childhood traumas and toxic beliefs encouraging obedience.
Oh, absolutely...I don't doubt that for a minute. We are definitely products of our experiences, our upbringing, and other programming.

I'll have to insert another BUT here though (My mom did used to call me a "yeah but machine" when I was a kid, LOL). We can decide to change those programmed responses and reactions any time. It just takes the understanding and motivation to do so. And, I would suppose that a lack of either of those two things is undoubtedly the most common reason people don't.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Oh, absolutely...I don't doubt that for a minute. We are definitely products of our experiences, our upbringing, and other programming.

I'll have to insert another BUT here though (My mom did used to call me a "yeah but machine" when I was a kid, LOL). We can decide to change those programmed responses and reactions any time. It just takes the understanding and motivation to do so. And, I would suppose that a lack of either of those two things is undoubtedly the most common reason people don't.
Stargazer, where you say "takes understanding..." I would prefer to say "takes a raised level of consciousness". For example a person who lashes out as their most common reaction and ends up with assault charges. Before they get into the situation, they know that is their most probable response based on experience, but they just can't seem to master the urge to lash out and hurt someone when they perceive a hurt to themselves in some way. But if they raised their consciousness, they would already be able to perceive that they have a lack within themselves, or a wounded inner child, or as Slayer said, childhood traumas or toxic beliefs. They would already be able to detach from the thing in the immediate moment (don't like that person's eyes, hunchback, whatever), and the detachment will allow them time to formulate a different response.

Last edited:

Rogue Watcher

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 6, 2016
Free Will / Destiny Paradox

So, previously I have always considered destiny to be what happens to an individual by default when he or she does not make a choice. The reasons for wanting free choice range from the establishment of identity to the reinforcement of individuality, but there is a reason for wanting a destiny. Destiny provides a sense of purpose in life or a justification of existence - both essential for happiness. Therefore, to have a system where one cannot have the benefits of both seems broken.

My new system: (as of about 10 years ago give or take)
1) On the physical level, we are continuations of several nature and life processes. We physically consume material while living and return it upon death. Thus we are linked to the universe.

2) On the metaphysical level, we use our free will to make choices - choices that influence others and choices to adapt to things that influence us. Thus we are linked to the universe.

3) Destiny is a purpose given to us by the universe.

4) If we are a part of the universe, then our free will coincides with our destiny.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Oh a wonderful film....I loved the part where at the end the whale leaps over the barrier into the ocean and freedom. Few tears there I can tell you :))

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)