Eating habits and spirituality (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Talking about TMI, which I love by the way, did you take pictures?

I should create a thread where we all do this cleanse and take pictures of our “progress”!

Hehehehe

In all seriousness, I would like to do this.

Reactions: Lila and Bear_Raven

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Glenda Ann, If the Holy Grail is in fact a stone (as I am reading in Graham Hancock) you might have stumbled on its actual whereabouts.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I just spent a profitable hour with this radio show (Andrew Bartzsis) which is all about the topic of fasting, brothing, and what you can do to clear out your gut, then re-start the system with a proper course of probiotics. Some of the imagery in this discussion is fairly graphic, but fascinating! The worst word that gets mentioned is crap, which I think all here can handle, probably some with a knowing smile.

Reactions: Anaeika

Glenda Ann

Rambling Companion
May 1, 2018
Blenheim, New Zealand
Talking about TMI, which I love by the way, did you take pictures?

I should create a thread where we all do this cleanse and take pictures of our “progress”!

Hehehehe

In all seriousness, I would like to do this.
I did not :D i felt there were enough pictures out there on the www for us to get the gist of it.
I think I’ll do another in one months time so maybe I’ll start a thread then... why the heck not!?...and see if anyone cares to embark on a cleanse too

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Glenda Ann

Rambling Companion
May 1, 2018
Blenheim, New Zealand
I just spent a profitable hour with this radio show (Andrew Bartzsis) which is all about the topic of fasting, brothing, and what you can do to clear out your gut, then re-start the system with a proper course of probiotics. Some of the imagery in this discussion is fairly graphic, but fascinating! The worst word that gets mentioned is crap, which I think all here can handle, probably some with a knowing smile.

Oo I love an Andrew Bartzis sesh. He always is an outside the box thinker and doer! He would take pleasure in getting to say the word Crap lol
I shall have to take a listen, as one of my loves is physiology and how to self heal the body.

Reactions: Anaeika

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
If you all start a thread with pictures, use the "spoiler" function, please. ;)

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
I have an allergy or intolerance to wheat also. Experimenting with my diet and paying attention to how food makes me feel, wheat makes me feel horribly ill. I have avoided it before for long periods, so it is easier for me to cut it out of my diet.
the alternatif can be gluten free things as the allergie comes from the substance that does the substance, however better vegetarian than that

Reactions: Lila and Bear_Raven

Bear_Raven

Rambling Companion
Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
the alternatif can be gluten free things as the allergie comes from the substance that does the substance, however better vegetarian than that
Gluten free is something I may have to consider. I definitely think I have at least a mild intolerance to it as well as dairy. I may end up just cutting those two things out of my diet. But I really love dairy, especially cheese. Sometimes I think it is worth the suffering. LoL

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Glenda Ann

Rambling Companion
May 1, 2018
Blenheim, New Zealand
Not many people understand how bad wheat is for everyone. It’s proven that it loosens the right cell junctions in the gut wall and causes leaky gut, this afffects brain function as well as immunological issues can develop. Everyone has the same cellular makeup of gut wall. No one is immune really to the irritation that gluten containing foods cause to the joints between the cells of the digestive tract. Just some people are aware and others are not. A drop in schizophrenia Is associated with shortage of wheat in populations and conversely rise in mental health issues are associated with access to wheat...

From Cited article on grains and mental health

“One of the first hints that these circumstances could have implications for the psychological sciences was the observation that, in several countries, hospitalization rates for schizophrenia during World War II dropped in direct proportion to wheat shortages. In the United States, where over that same period the consumption of wheat rose rather than diminished, such rates increased instead (Dohan, 1966a,b). In South Pacific islands with a traditionally low consumption of wheat, schizophrenia rose dramatically (roughly, from 1 out of 30,000 to 1 out of 100) when Western grain products were introduced (Dohan et al., 1984).”
Lectins (gluten) explained and how plants may have evolved lectins to discourage animals from eating them. Longevity Now video clip

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Gluten free is something I may have to consider. I definitely think I have at least a mild intolerance to it as well as dairy. I may end up just cutting those two things out of my diet. But I really love dairy, especially cheese. Sometimes I think it is worth the suffering. LoL
I have learned through experience, that there are the 'obvious' effects of gluten (e.g. digestive discomforts of various kinds) and then the 'silent' effects (e.g. effects like brain fog, stamina, coordination, various tissues such as the fascia that carries blood vessels and nerves within it, that becomes 'stuck' etc) which are not obviously linked to anything in particular (at least not in our current shared prevalent world-view) but that can show up to be linked in an individual who spends a longer time (at least months, sometimes years) completely off gluten.

It can be a really 'big' thought, even an intimidating one, to make such a change, as the work required to completely avoid gluten in our current world is considerable. I have found it to be increasingly easier as awareness around me increases. I have also found that most of the work of doing so is at the start, as one gets new personal food 'systems' into place and also as the work of letting everyone know that this change 'for real' and 'here to stay' gets done. The part about telling people gets much easier over time too, I have found (and briefer, lol!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)