Do these grounding mats work? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Here's an example.
They seem to be covered in plastic with no electrical connection between you and the mat. And it suggests to plug it into your ground in your power outlet which seems less than safe.

EDIT: This is not for grounding a static charge while working with sensitive electrical equipment, this is for grounding your energy body to the earth, as I understand it.

Last edited:

One65

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Canada
I can't see your picture if there is one. Soooo... i am not sure if you are talking about an anti-static type mat for electronic work, or some type of mat to ground yourself while sitting on it(?). In either case the electrical resistance will be quite high. Several hundred kiloohms. Possibly megohms. But technically that is considered conductive. And it is normal to ground to the third prong on your electrical outlet - it is (by law) connected to earth ground.

Hope that helps.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
From what I understand. They only plug into the ground plug in the wall socket. Hence the mat is grounded. If you sleep on it or sit on it as long as there is connectivity you will be grounded. If the plastic covering acts as an insulator then remove it. otherwise it will ground you when you sit or sleep on it.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I have a grounding sheet which is organic cotton with silver threads running through it. It is plugged in through the earthing point, no electrical connection.

I cannot use any sheeting except cotton as anything with a man made fibre with block the grounding energy.

Nearly all my friends have one now. I like to think of us connecting through the Earth as we sleep. It has been vital for grounding as Scotland is too cold for walking barefoot in winter!

Last edited:
  • New to me!
Reactions: Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)