Benedict Cumberbatch Saves Cyclist’s Life from 4 Muggers (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
If Dr. Strange / Sherlock Homes came to my aid, I would be delighted. Krena, I think you will like this story.

In general, I don't believe in violence as a response to violence because it keeps the cycle going. However, there are times when we may need to stand up and say no more. Being a fan of BC, I was interested in his response - he just felt that he was called to step in.

Benedict Cumberbatch had a recent brush with the sort of problems his character would find himself in. He was taking an Uber to a club with his wife and was near Baker Street when the scene unfolded before them.
A deliveryman on a bike was being assaulted. Four thugs were surrounding him, and one bashed him over the head with a bottle.
Cumberbatch got out of the car and proceeded to assist the man, reportedly yelling, “Leave him alone!” Apparently, at first the thugs tried to fight him off, but then grew hesitant when they saw who they were facing.

When reporters asked him why he’d intervened, his answer was simple enough: “I did it out of, well, I had to, you know …”

https://www.westernjournal.com/l/amandathomason/sherlock-star-benedict-cumberbatch/

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
If Dr. Strange / Sherlock Homes came to my aid, I would be delighted. Krena, I think you will like this story.

In general, I don't believe in violence as a response to violence because it keeps the cycle going. However, there are times when we may need to stand up and say no more. Being a fan of BC, I was interested in his response - he just felt that he was called to step in.

Benedict Cumberbatch had a recent brush with the sort of problems his character would find himself in. He was taking an Uber to a club with his wife and was near Baker Street when the scene unfolded before them.
A deliveryman on a bike was being assaulted. Four thugs were surrounding him, and one bashed him over the head with a bottle.
Cumberbatch got out of the car and proceeded to assist the man, reportedly yelling, “Leave him alone!” Apparently, at first the thugs tried to fight him off, but then grew hesitant when they saw who they were facing.

When reporters asked him why he’d intervened, his answer was simple enough: “I did it out of, well, I had to, you know …”

https://www.westernjournal.com/l/amandathomason/sherlock-star-benedict-cumberbatch/
Oh prescient one, Linda, you were right: I LOVE this story.
I am now officially a Cumberbitch -- quadrupled.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I was reading about this event the other day. I wondered if he has received training in martial arts for any of his movie roles to provide some confidence with his decision to step in. I think his popularity may have also given him more confidence as if they recognized him, they may have had second thoughts, like they did.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I started watching it a few months ago on Netflix. But somehow I did not get to episode 3 of season 1. Don't know, somehow it was then maybe not exciting enough for me. Although I liked the acting. There's also the guy from the british comedy The Office as Dr. Watson - which I liked. Maybe I'll give it another 'shot'.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
As for Sherlock, I did about two episodes a long time ago and couldn't get into it. It had a weird style.

Reactions: Sinera
OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The person who plays Dr. Watson was the lead in "A Hitchiker's Guide to the Universe" and the last three episodes of the Hobbit movies.

I love the Sherlock series because I enjoy keeping up with Holmes' observations and conclusions. I've seen a few different actors in the role, but think Basil Rathbone and BC are the only ones who can really play the character.

I'm sure he had some training for the Dr. Strange movie as it was so physical. I imagine that he is considered something of a national treasure in the UK, so seeing him joining a fight would be startling. I've read accounts from people who were rescued by Harrison Ford, who is a licensed rescue helicopter pilot. Yep, having Hans Solo rescue you would be quite memorable.

Krena

Embracing Mystery, Mostly
Retired Moderator
Jul 30, 2016
Massachusetts
www.khkrena.com
[I love the Sherlock series because I enjoy keeping up with Holmes' observations and conclusions. I've seen a few different actors in the role, but think Basil Rathbone and BC are the only ones who can really play the character...[/QUOTE]

Jeremy Brett was excellent as Sherlock.

Reactions: Carl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)