'Ayahuasca is changing global environmental consciousness' (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Here is an interesting article posted a day ago on Ayahuasca over on the guardian.

"Ayahuasca, as it has come to be known internationally, is a plant medicine that has been used in the Amazon for centuries for healing and spiritual purposes. Renowned for the often extraordinary visions it induces - not to mention the deep vomiting - it is made from an Amazonian vine known to western science as Banisteriopsis caapi and usually at least one other plant.

Over the last 25 years or so ayahuasca has gone global, with many 1000s of people travelling to Peru and other South American countries to drink it, and expert healers - curanderos, shamans, ayahuasqueros, maestros - travelling abroad to hold ceremonies. Many drink ayahuasca because they’re looking for healing, some are just curious, some mistake it for a recreational “drug.”

One of ayahuasca’s pioneer scientific researchers is Dennis McKenna, a US ethnopharmacologist and younger brother of the legendary ethnobotanist and author Terence. Some years ago, in an article titled “Ayahuasca and Human Destiny” published in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, McKenna emphasised the contribution ayahuasca can make to physical and spiritual healing - “if it is ever afforded its rightful place in medical practice” - and addressing potential environmental catastrophe.

“[Ayahuasca is] the conduit to a body of profoundly ancient genetic and evolutionary wisdom that has long abided in the cosmologies of the indigenous peoples of the Amazon who have guarded and protected this knowledge for millennia, who learned long ago that the human role is not to be the master of nature, but its stewards,” McKenna wrote. “Our destiny, if we are to survive, is to nurture nature and to learn from it how to nurture ourselves and our fellow beings. This is the lesson that we can learn from ayahuasca, if only we pay attention.”"

More here: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/andes-to-the-amazon/2016/jul/30/ayahuasca-changing-global-environmental-consciousness

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I would like to take part in one of these ceremonies.
In my wild-child days, I tried other things and enjoyed the effects immensely.

Reactions: Kristy and Bill
OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Do you want me to add you to the email list for transients.info's Plant Medicine Spiritual Journey into Peru on August 20th next year? =)

I will make a sticky thread for the plant medicine board about this at some point so more people are aware of this very special journey.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Do you want me to add you to the email list for transients.info's Plant Medicine Spiritual Journey into Peru on August 20th next year? =)

I will make a sticky thread for the plant medicine board about this at some point so more people are aware of this very special journey.
Sure, it can be a possibility. At the very least, I can be there in spirit.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
The trip is shorter now, only 8 days(only at the retreat and area around it), but with a 2 or 3 day optional extension to Machu Picchu.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The trip is shorter now, only 8 days(only at the retreat and area around it), but with a 2 or 3 day optional extension to Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu sounds wonderful. I'll see how I do with manifesting 30-year-old knees before then.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
The plane flight from US to Lima, then Lima to Cusco, then a taxi/shuttle to Pisac is a bit of a journey. The flight path for landing in Cusco is really fun... a bit of a tight banking run close to the hills. The hard part will be adjusting to the elevation as Pisac is up pretty high. Some people get the head aches (i was fine though, only thing I noticed was ... everything you did took a bit of extra energy, but I was very fit at the time. found it easy to run up hills still!)

Reactions: Kristy

Lois

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
I'd like to introduce you all to the amazing ayahuasca art of Pablo Amaringo (for those who don't yet know him):
http://www.ayahuascavisions.com/pablo-amaringo-paintings-1.html

His work is incredible and displays a lot of the realms and characters you may get to know with ayahuasca. If you're interested in Aya or in Peruvian shamanism I highly recommend his books. It's hard to see all the amazing detail on line.

My own personal belief/understanding? We live on a sentient gaiasphere, and Aya is one of the spirits our planet uses to communicate with us.

❤

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
^ That would make a good new thread Lois! It's a pity the pictures are only available to be viewed on the items he's selling as they are hard to see the detail that way. They look great though!

Reactions: Kristy and Cedar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)