Artistic perspective (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Lloyd is my favorite one at the petting zoo. I love his happy grin.

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Here are some of our Halloween carvings!

My spiderweb
20181030_182636.jpg

My husband's shy guy from Nintendo
20181030_182655.jpg

And my son's. He did a face on one side and a dog on the other.

20181030_182943.jpg

20181030_184213.jpg

Reactions: Laron and Alain

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Here are some of our Halloween carvings!
The best invisible ghosts I've ever seen. They can be tricky, but you all aced it.

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Abstract

Due : November 19th

Sometimes, i want to do something that doesn't necessarily have meaning. More than a sketch though. Where your imagination takes you.

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
We're going to do something a little different here.
Starting tomorrow, we will have a 30 day doodle challenge.
Doodle anything you like. Practice a specific technique daily. Sketch your dog over and over. Do something different every day. Try out some calligraphy. Whatever you would like to do. Just so long as you do something daily.
Post here each day and have some fun with it!

See you on day 1!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Sketch of replacement St Francis statue on our porch. My husband did not notice the top of the cross was broken off, which was fine, as St. Francis with a t-square and bird friends makes more sense to me.

Backstory - My husband searched high and low for just the right statue (had to have bird on shoulder) to replace the one that was stolen off the porch. My neighbor and I each had our statues stolen at the same time. I made a sketch about the incident and posted on the humor board. https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/what-really-happened-to-the-st-francis-statues.2330/

st francis.jpg

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Lovely. So finally she found her way down from the tree and picked a flower.

I wish I could draw. I'd draw cats and dogs every day. Unfortunately drawing is not one of my talents.
Sinera , you are what you believe. Drawing is a verb, not a noun. I do not consider myself an artist nor creative nor any good, which is the point. Develop other areas of the brain so I can say, “I am creative.” :)

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Sketch of replacement St Francis statue on our porch. My husband did not notice the top of the cross was broken off, which was fine, as St. Francis with a t-square and bird friends makes more sense to me.

Backstory - My husband searched high and low for just the right statue (had to have bird on shoulder) to replace the one that was stolen off the porch. My neighbor and I each had our statues stolen at the same time. I made a sketch about the incident and posted on the humor board. https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/what-really-happened-to-the-st-francis-statues.2330/

View attachment 6189
Love your story along with this.

Reactions: Linda and Lila
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I've messed around with getting the wings on birds right, and even looked into the detail of it, but I think i may spend some time doing more of a focus on it.
(if anyone interested in seeing the oil pastel pictures I've done of birds, I'm always happy to share them. Hehe)

15470051426031728042285.jpg

Reactions: Linda and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I've messed around with getting the wings on birds right, and even looked into the detail of it, but I think i may spend some time doing more of a focus on it.
(if anyone interested in seeing the oil pastel pictures I've done of birds, I'm always happy to share them. Hehe)

View attachment 6192
Your wings are really pretty & looks to be in motion. I’d like to see your oil pastel please. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Linda

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
as St. Francis with a t-square and bird friends makes more sense to me.
Yes, St Francis the poor, humble man who made his own very unique way in the world makes so much more sense with a Tsquare to me too.
I've heard that he started off life anything but poor, however. It was a choice he made to leave another life behind and become the guy who chatted with animals

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I just want to check, i saw quotes but no comment. Yes?

[edit: Laron i see two posts with quotes but no comment. And here I tried to quote both of theirs, but the quotes section wasn't showing up. Tech issue?]

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I just want to check, i saw quotes but no comment. Yes?

[edit: @Laron i see two posts with quotes but no comment. And here I tried to quote both of theirs, but the quotes section wasn't showing up. Tech issue?]
I fixed it. This happens when someone makes their reply inside the "quote" markers. Not a tech issue.

Also, as I edited the replies, I included a note so the authors would know what happened.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
@Sinera , you are what you believe. Drawing is a verb, not a noun.
I agree, it is about doing and so it is what I have done in the past. And that is why I do not believe but know it is not of my talents (there were a few exceptions yes, but more of the childish kind).

Yes, I know one can learn also by practice but that takes a lot of effort on my side which I do not have at the moment.

I actually really wished I could draw facial portraits because I once planned a book where I wanted to bring back pics from the Akashic Records (or Akashic Void?) on how certain historic persons (e.g. Cleopatra, Jesus, Buddha etc.) or maybe some 'alien' or 'non-physical' beings looked like. It would be cool to have this ability (I mean both, viewing the akashic pics and be able to draw the portrait sketches). So maybe I should book a drawing course one day. ;)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I once planned a book where I wanted to bring back pics from the Akashic Records (or Akashic Void?) on how certain historic persons (e.g. Cleopatra, Jesus, Buddha etc.) or maybe some 'alien' or 'non-physical' beings looked like. It would be cool to have this ability (I mean both, viewing the akashic pics and be able to draw the portrait sketches). So maybe I should book a drawing course one day. ;)
This would be something I'd look forward to seeing!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I agree, it is about doing and so it is what I have done in the past. And that is why I do not believe but know it is not of my talents (there were a few exceptions yes, but more of the childish kind).

Yes, I know one can learn also by practice but that takes a lot of effort on my side which I do not have at the moment.

I actually really wished I could draw facial portraits because I once planned a book where I wanted to bring back pics from the Akashic Records (or Akashic Void?) on how certain historic persons (e.g. Cleopatra, Jesus, Buddha etc.) or maybe some 'alien' or 'non-physical' beings looked like. It would be cool to have this ability (I mean both, viewing the akashic pics and be able to draw the portrait sketches). So maybe I should book a drawing course one day. ;)
I think this is what Karla SM does with her work.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Day 3 - working with perspective
Wooden screen in corner of backyard that hides general yard stuff.
It has an accordion design with lattice wood on top and bottom. There is a big wind chime at one end. Those are granite and limestone rocks making a border. The rabbit is poised to make its escape behind the screen and under a gap in the fence to the woods. (This was carefully engineered for the safety of our rabbit friends, as we have a dog.

backyard screen.jpg

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Day 3: furthering my learning about wings. Seeing structure, and what the feathers are shaped for.

1547082505710911519540.jpg

And to include one of my already done bird drawings, (maybe I'll include one per each successive doodle day)

15470826312371517659154.jpg

(sorry. I can't figure out this orientation thing on here. Haha)

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Day 3 - working with perspective
Wooden screen in corner of backyard that hides general yard stuff.
It has an accordion design with lattice wood on top and bottom. There is a big wind chime at one end. Those are granite and limestone rocks making a border. The rabbit is poised to make its escape behind the screen and under a gap in the fence to the woods. (This was carefully engineered for the safety of our rabbit friends, as we have a dog.

View attachment 6197
That's a cool design and beautiful space you have! I love it. The perspective is good and I think i may remember this for when we buy a house. ☺

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Angela, I have learned so much about bird wings from that one diagram and it is so well laid out 'right there in front of me' that it feels easy to see, like I almost knew it. It clearly reminds me of something latent... probably days spent gazing at various birds soaring and flying fast. They are amazing to watch!

It is so obvious, for example, that the soarers would have those well spaced outer feathers toward the tips and that the hummingbird, who hovers, would have their major articulation closer to the shoulder. By obvious I don't mean to say that everyone knows it or that I am knowledgeable about such things. I mean that you have made such a study of it and laid it out so clearly that it becomes obvious from just a few pictures laid side by side, coloured to show the salient points and with just a few explanatory few words.

It's gorgeous in every respect. Thank you!

Reactions: Linda and Anaeika
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I digress. Heheh. There was a main photo that I copied because They had written it out so succinctly. But I agree. It was incredibly well written.

We had gotten a book out from the library for my son called 'Birds and their feathers' that went into a really cool detail that my son and I really enjoyed reading.
SmartSelectImage_2019-01-09-19-30-27.png

If you want a little more to look into with it, this would be an enjoyable way to start, and it's really what made me have the same knowing revelation that you're experiencing with my picture. Hehe

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
So as to reference my work. Haha
This is the picture I screen shotted, and there's a reference link at the bottom.
SmartSelectImage_2019-01-09-17-23-00.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)