Artistic perspective (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Linda, I love the symmetry of it and the creativity of the idea. Nature gives, doesn't she? The symmetry even extends to your placement over the line in the leaf table.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I have tried to paint in water colours, and had some success with copying a pic, but I’m truly hopeless at drawing, or painting something from my head.

I’ve seen a pic in my head I’ve been wanting to paint for a long time, but haven’t got a clue how to do it.
It’s a dark stormy sea, a little fishing boat struggles to reach the safe harbour in the distance.
The sky is bruised and threatening, then the sun pierces the cloud and streams down, as if from the hand of god, catching the little boat in its brilliant rays. Very dramatic.

If I was a painter I think I would love painting the ocean and mountains, especially the Rockie mountains, with the beautiful coloured lakes.

I so admire people who capture light in their paintings.
The sun streaming through a forest, or simply lighting up a room.

It’s all in my head and heart, unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to transfer it to my hand. .

Never mind my creative streak goes into my home.
A picture of my favourite lake in the Rockies:

Reactions: Angela and Linda
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
So, i didn't do the prompt this week for a couple reasons. I had a bunch to do, but also i seriously needed to make a purse for myself as my other one was dying. So I spent my time on that.
Also, i really wanted to do more watercolors, but I only have four colors and they wouldn't mix to what I would have wanted, so I need to get to a store and pick up a few more.

Here are pictures of my purse, though. I am considering cutting out diamond shapes and making a sort of Starburst on the side where the diagonal lines point to. Not sure yet.

20180726_191225.jpg
20180726_191248.jpg
20180726_191331.jpg

I had actually made a purse with this exact same fabric years ago, and had enough fabric left over for this one. I love the colors and even the diagonal strips are a take from my first purse. I wish the flap was just a touch longer. (which is why I'm considering the Starburst to balance it out a little).
But yeah. Here it is. ☺

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Beautiful!
I feel like a starburst would put an exclamation point on it:-D

Reactions: Angela

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Clever, beautiful and practical. We are of the same mind frame, as my artwork is all about textiles and fabrics, this time around. I have knitted a shawl and made a fabric picture for the wall. Pics to come soon (finishing off the shawl now).

Reactions: Lila and Angela
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Clever, beautiful and practical. We are of the same mind frame, as my artwork is all about textiles and fabrics, this time around. I have knitted a shawl and made a fabric picture for the wall. Pics to come soon (finishing off the shawl now).
Very excited to see them!

Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
OK, first the shawl and then the wall art (after I took the pic of the wall art, it's off being stretched and glued onto a board so it can hang on my wall. It is in fact the one I wanted to create as a visual reminder of my friend who recently died of cancer. She knitted a few centimetres of the green wool, and I built the design around this. She couldn't physically manage the knitting due to the stage of her illness, but I'm sure she would love the finished outcome). As for the shawl, I am including it because the colours remind me of landscape, also.

IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0141.JPG

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
nice thing, i doubt if i can do such things with the hands i have, working on pc pieces is already a little problem

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Gorgeous, Melt, I’m sure your friend would love it. I’m looking forward to seeing a pic of it on your wall.

I love the earthy shades in your shawl, you are such a talented, beautiful lady<3

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
They are both so beautiful. The colors in the shawl are similar to head band I made myself once. Haha. Great choice!

And that's such a touching momento to remember your friend by. I love how you were able to incorporate a small piece of her work too.
I'm sorry for your loss. <3

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm sorry I haven't posted a new prompt yet. To be honest, i still really want to do a landscape, but I just wanted to get the right tools, so I was thinking either to extend this one for another two weeks, or to do another prompt and come back to this on my own. But I didn't have any specific ideas for a new one.

What do you guys think?

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I'm sorry I haven't posted a new prompt yet. To be honest, i still really want to do a landscape, but I just wanted to get the right tools, so I was thinking either to extend this one for another two weeks, or to do another prompt and come back to this on my own. But I didn't have any specific ideas for a new one.

What do you guys think?
I'm happy to extend it with landscape. It is a subject area I have never really explored.

Reactions: Angela

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Reactions: Snowmelt
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
So, i wasn't able to work on this one but thankfully finally got some watercolors I can play with easier.
If anyone has theirs to share, you are more than welcome. But for now I'm still going to press on with another prompt.

I thought this would be a very interesting thing to see some interpretations on and welcome everyone to play in on this one!

Happiness meets Sadness
Due September 2nd

Reactions: Laron
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, that is a really cool choice! You have such a natural talent for understanding light and dark and seeing the appropriate balance (ha! Like your picture!)
I like the inclusion of the woman on the side as well. All sorts of balance in the picture.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here is my effort for Happiness Meets Sadness. It is self-explanatory, except for the fact that I kept a newspaper cutting of this guy since September, 2007. He lived on a major busy ring-road island (what we call round-about) in a tent, with a tree for company for over 40 years. This was in Wolverhampton, Great Britain. He was a WWII veteran, and I think he was a PTSD sufferer but it went undiagnosed. I threw out the clipping just now when I went online and found other photos and found out he died in October, 2007. I have been meaning to do a painting/portrait of his face. Can we make the next prompt TRAMP? Angela?

IMG_0169.JPG

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Amazing, Hailstones Melt!
The guy comes alive and I can so easily picture him walking around his roundabout happily holding his pineapple or, on another day, perhaps recalling not so happy memories.
This has become a thread I really look forward to<3

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Absolutely, HM. And that's such a fabulous picture and really neat interpretation of the prompt!

I'm sorry i haven't been participating. I've had a lot going on mentally and emotionally and am having a hard time doing this currently.

Next prompt :
Tramp
Due September 16th
❤

Reactions: Lila and Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I hope everything's OK, Angela. I have also had a rotten few days, around child behavioural issues, but I find painting and drawing helps me re-centre. On the day something happened it blew me completely off-centre, and I was a complete blubber-mess, until I realised I was just giving loosh out for anything drawn and attracted to my avalanche of self-pity. This realisation actually gave me strength, as I battled not to give in to recriminations and see-sawing effect, and I was able to gradually come back to the me that is whole. My journey at this time seems to be, with or without the understanding of close friends and family, to come back around to the point to where I consciously co-create my life going forward.

Reactions: Lila and Angela
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Hey guys! I want to apologize for my lack of appearance on here. I definitely want to keep it going, it's just been a very busy past bit of time.

I thought, in an attempt to restart this a little, it might be fun to do a simple prompt. Something you can do on a cocktail napkin if you want.

Next prompt, for just a week from this weekend:
Simple sketch of an animal
Due October 14.

It can be what you doodle out while on hold with an annoying phone call. It can be what you doodle when you're just staring out the window while dinner is cooking.
Just something simple with whatever animal strikes your fancy. Let's get some creative juices flowing again!

Reactions: Laron and Lila
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
My sketches are a lot more rudimentary. Heheh.
Just some doodles here.

15392027315611475577110.jpg

OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Next prompt, in honor of Halloween coming up

Halloween themed
Be it death, day of the dead, or spooks. Pumpkin carving or drawing.
Due October 31st.

Reactions: Laron
OP
Angela

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
Lloyd is so cute! Thanks for contributing!
What made you guys choose what you drew?
I think when I sketch I usually stay toward the same animals. Unless I'm specifically wanting to explore another animal, i generally do the same things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)