was this a kundalini awakening experience?what triggers a kundalini awakening? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

SolarPlex

Rambling Companion
Jan 7, 2017
i have never considered myself as being spiritual at all, but recent events have drawn my attention to a more spiritual perspective of life.
it all started when i was a teenager, back then, i would smoke weed all day/everyday, and sometimes when i got high, i would start feeling a strange sensation inside of myself, it felt like a buzzing sensation that would move around freely through out my entire body, it would become so intense that i would have to lay down and try to sleep it off, while doing this, i would usually start feeling a extremely powerful sensation at the base of spine that was swirling around.ever since then, i could always feel something inside of me, its hard to explain what it feels like, but its there. recently, i decided to be honest with myself and accept that what im feeling inside of me is actually there and is not simply my imagination.so one night while laying down for sleep, i began to focus on the stuff i feel inside me, after a few minuets of this, reality hit me like a ton of bricks, i suddenly just knew that was i was feeling was my energy, i somehow knew that what i was feeling was the energy of the universe all around me. it felt as if i was connected to everything that exist. i know, its crazy hard to explain this experience properly :(

so right after i realize i was feeling energy, i started to feel that swirling energy force at the base of my spine.this time it became extremely powerful and tried to shoot itself up my spine. this force was so strong that i felt that i would be harmed if i allowed it to travel up my spine, so i forced myself out of it.

even now, i can begin to feel this strong, swirling force whenever i chose to look for the feeling of it. it seems it only happens when i look for it and allow it to happen.should i allow it to do as it wants? can i get harmed from this energy? what is the actual cause of activating this energy? is it the act of focusing on the energy within me or is something else? is what i experienced even the kunalini energy?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
This is one of those questions that is hard to answer for someone you do not know because the kundalini experience is a personal one. My first one was the result of trauma from an awful auto accident, and it awakened my creative side.

If you enter kundalini in the search bar (upper right screen), you will find several posts about it. You might look through that info and see if something interests you and suggests some more questions about the subject.

Laron made a good reply on the subject last year https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/your-personal-awakening-experience.257/#post-2396

Reactions: Stargazer
OP
S

SolarPlex

Rambling Companion
Jan 7, 2017
If you ask Simon Parkes, he would tell you that there is a difference between being spiritual and psychic. I think the first is related to having a system of spiritual belief and following such movements, while the second has to do with "superpowers".
i wouldnt mind having "super powers" lol, sounds pretty fun.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
SolarPlex , your experience sounds like a powerful awakening. Whatever is the cause, it's real and now a part of you. I'm quite sure that in time you will come to understand it more and learn to make use of that energy. I don't think it will cause you harm in the physical but you'll likely have to learn to control it. It sounds like it could be the starting point of many metaphysical experiences. My suggestion would be to meditate with the intention to learn more about your experience. This always works for me.

Reactions: Stargazer

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
You are observing your chi energy. Your awareness of it has been heightened through weed smoking, or whatever, but everybody has this - you are right, the chi permeates the universe including us and everything. Throughout the term of my pregnancy I had a full body buzz from conception on, and only later did I discover that not every woman feels this during pregnancy. I've also had it doing certain spiritual exercises (Tibetan Pulsing, and meditation). Chi is the Chinese term, Kundalini is more specific to a spiritual force awakening in the lower chakra near the base of the spine and travelling up the chakra system to the crown chakra and beyond.

I can recommend a book called "Kundalini - The Evolutionary Energy in Man" by Gopi Krishna. Deepak Chopra says Gopi Krishna was a pioneer in the land of spirituality. It was published by Shambhala Publications Inc. (Boston and London) in 1997. The website is www.shambhala.com
I picked this book up second-hand. He calls it an "ordeal" he had in his 35th year, after decades of serious daily meditation. He was a student of Yoga (the meditative kind) and he experienced his Kundalini awakening in Jammu and Kashmir state in northern India in 1937.

He describes the actual experience of the Kundalini rising in the first Chapter, page 12-13. On page 16 he states "Little did I realise that from that day onwards I was never to be my old normal self again, that I had unwittingly and without preparation or even adequate knowledge of it roused to activity the most wonderful and stern power in man, that I had stepped unknowingly upon the key to the most guarded secret of the ancients, and that thenceforth for a long time I had to live suspended by a thread, swinging between life on the one hand and death on the other, between sanity and insanity, between light and darkness, between heaven and earth."

OP
S

SolarPlex

Rambling Companion
Jan 7, 2017
You are observing your chi energy. Your awareness of it has been heightened through weed smoking, or whatever, but everybody has this - you are right, the chi permeates the universe including us and everything. Throughout the term of my pregnancy I had a full body buzz from conception on, and only later did I discover that not every woman feels this during pregnancy. I've also had it doing certain spiritual exercises (Tibetan Pulsing, and meditation). Chi is the Chinese term, Kundalini is more specific to a spiritual force awakening in the lower chakra near the base of the spine and travelling up the chakra system to the crown chakra and beyond.

I can recommend a book called "Kundalini - The Evolutionary Energy in Man" by Gopi Krishna. Deepak Chopra says Gopi Krishna was a pioneer in the land of spirituality. It was published by Shambhala Publications Inc. (Boston and London) in 1997. The website is www.shambhala.com
I picked this book up second-hand. He calls it an "ordeal" he had in his 35th year, after decades of serious daily meditation. He was a student of Yoga (the meditative kind) and he experienced his Kundalini awakening in Jammu and Kashmir state in northern India in 1937.

He describes the actual experience of the Kundalini rising in the first Chapter, page 12-13. On page 16 he states "Little did I realise that from that day onwards I was never to be my old normal self again, that I had unwittingly and without preparation or even adequate knowledge of it roused to activity the most wonderful and stern power in man, that I had stepped unknowingly upon the key to the most guarded secret of the ancients, and that thenceforth for a long time I had to live suspended by a thread, swinging between life on the one hand and death on the other, between sanity and insanity, between light and darkness, between heaven and earth."
thanks for the info! i will look into this book you spoke of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)